1 day trip to batam or bintan?

So_nice

i'm thinking of having a one day trip to batam or bintan during weekday wif ger. wat are the things we can do over there? suggestions pls! :D

↡ Advertisement

i'm thinking of having a one day trip to batam or bintan during weekday wif ger. wat are the things we can do over there? suggestions pls! :D

With girls or with girl?Go massage and shopping.Nothing else to do at night except to do couple exercise.haha.

Turi beach resort in batam. IMO, best resort in term of nice view.

Harris resort in term of hotel staff services.

Can do shopping also (though nothing much) at Batam Centre or Nayoya Hills.

I stayed in Turi and Harris resorts on separate occasions. Not too bad.

dun think staying over bah..most likely is coming back late evening. worth driving over and park the car at habourfront?

can shop at nagoya hill and watch movie also shop. if u want stay overnite at i hotel(new one) for about Rp400k?? [sly]

Turbocharged

I went to Bintan a few years ago. The price of things there is almost the same as in Singapore.

Maybe too near to Singapore.

I'd say Bintan but overnight. I just went to Batam for a day trip with my gf earlier this month and there's nothing nice over there except cheap shopping. As for Bintan, I heard the beaches are quite beautiful so it should be an ideal to have a romantic time with your gf.

1 day trip, i would suggest you to go Batam.

I have been there, done that.

the food is so so, the shopping centres are also so so.

Batam, you can eat much cheaper food, seafood, rest and relax kinda thing.

the main focus for this trip is to go to the massage parlor for a good relaxing and yet cheap massage.

there are heaps of massage parlors, relatively the same and definitely much cheaper in Singapore and Malaysia.

Neutral Newbie

any more recommendations for a good massage parlour, seafood place, watersports and accomodations in batam? after looking at this thread feel like dropping by at batam ^_^

Turbocharged
(edited)

What is the price of a return boat ticket, as well as typical rate for massage, foot reflex etc at Batam?

Feel like going too!

Edited by Albeniz

Turi beach resort in batam. IMO, best resort in term of nice view.

Harris resort in term of hotel staff services.

how far is Turin beach from e ferry terminal?

Turbocharged
(edited)

What is the price of a return boat ticket, as well as typical rate for massage, foot reflex etc at Batam?

Feel like going too!

$40 return ticket. Add $7 for Jetty charges for Batam side (payable on return trip). Rates are for Sekupang, I think Batam Centre is the same. I prefer Sekupang as its nearer to Singapore (around 50 to 55 mins). BC is 1.5hrs IIRC. Also, for Sekupang, the route is shared by Penguin and Batamfast. The Batamfast ferries are newer and more comfortable. You can book online with Penguin Ferry. Especially for weekends, its better to confirm your departure trip too. Dun wan to be waiting at the Ferry Terminal for 2-3 hours.

Masasage is around Rp100-120k for 120 mins session. Last weeks exchange was around $1 : Rp 6400. Additional massages are not included, negotiate seperately, if you are handsome, you will get a nice discount. Remember to tips if you intend to re-use. Always use a rubber. Available at 7-11 in Singapore.

Hotel cost around 350k to 450k (3-star). There are alot of hotels around but the standard are not exactly Ritz Carlton.

Meals for 2 should cost less than 100k but this will vary considerable depending on where and what you eat.

Big shopping center is Batam Center, Nagoya Hill and one more which unfortunately I cannot remember nor been too. All sell about the same thing. You see one, you see all. Dun bother with Waterfront City becoz its a dead town. Visit only you wanna see Buffy chasing undead. You'll have better 'watersport' in your hotel room.

Try to stay around Nagoya City as its more centralize. Cab fares should not be more than Rp50k around town. If you are good, you can bargain down to Rp30k or less but you'll end up with a mightily pissed off taxi driver.

Try the chinese kopitiams around Penuin Area for Bak Kut Teh, Turtle soup and if you can find it, a stall in a coffee shop selling Assam Fish (the Peh Tor Fish and Jio Beng fish can be really cheap and fresh). The coffee shop is opposite a shopping centre. If you really try, you should find it cos Penuin is pretty small area.

If you are really free, get a taxi for a day. A regular saloon should not cost more than $50 per day. Go to the Barelang bridge. At the last or 2nd last island, there is a kelong. erm...you have to ignore the big ones with big SEAFOOD signboards earlier. Go for the Kelong one. The seafood is fresh and if you are lucky and nice to the boss, he'll let you have his catch of the day.

Avoid night spots becoz unless you are familiar, you will kena kotok and pay more than SGP rates. Anyway, nothing much to see. Also the satay and BBQ seafood along the street unless you fancy a bout of local food poisoning. In that event, you can drop-by the local Mt. E equivalent - Awal Bros for 24hrs A&E. Cost about Rp 400k for a complete visist including triage, injections and medication. Glucose drink is complimenetary. Its cheaper than Tan Tock Seng and rather empty.

A trip for 2 person, 2 days 1 night should cost around $300 total. Explore and have fun.

P.S Avoid Golden Prawn 933 Seafood. Its over-rated, costly and lousy. And far out.

AND REMEMBER - The people are very very poor by our standard. Rp10,000 is only $1.50 or so. Be nice, Don't be THAT Singaporean. ^_^

Edited by Bavarian

the another shopping is Batam City shopping centre??

1 more miss out, play fireworks!!!

never missed to play when over there...lighted up n ran..like siao lang so funny [laugh]

Turbocharged

the another shopping is Batam City shopping centre??

1 more miss out, play fireworks!!!

never missed to play when over there...lighted up n ran..like siao lang so funny [laugh]

nope. Batam City SS, Nagoya hills and one more they always mention....just cannot recall....Jaya or something? [confused]

↡ Advertisement