Likelihood of Customs jam on Versak day

Nhyone

Just wondering, what is the likelihood of Customs jammed on/around Versak day. It's a 3-day weekend, so I can expect a massive jam on Friday morning.

How about Thursday evening? Say, if I enter JB via Tuas 2nd link at around 6pm. What are the chances of a jam?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I guess the question should be the duration of jam on Thursday afternoon? Friday morning and Sunday evening.

1 hr? 2 hrs? 3 hrs?

2nd link will still jam. I think, on Fri, jam may start as early as 5-6am. Years ago, I was stuck in a jam at Tuas from 5am-6am. Those who join the queue later had to endure more than 2hrs of wait to clear the s'pore checkpoint.

2nd link will still jam. I think, on Fri, jam may start as early as 5-6am. Years ago, I was stuck in a jam at Tuas from 5am-6am. Those who join the queue later had to endure more than 2hrs of wait to clear the s'pore checkpoint.

I got an horrible jam at Tuas checkpoint before. 6am reach jam like hell. 9am reach JB. My advice is to leave your house around 2am if u are going to KL or ipoh. No jam but hard to say.. Singapore custom is one of the most retarded in the world anyway.

Noted... [thumbsup]

I got an horrible jam at Tuas checkpoint before. 6am reach jam like hell. 9am reach JB. My advice is to leave your house around 2am if u are going to KL or ipoh. No jam but hard to say.. Singapore custom is one of the most retarded in the world anyway.

Yup, most of the wait is to get pass S'pore side. M'sian side usually faster...but still jam.

If you can pack everything, the minute you reach home and storm off to customs, reaching there by about 5.30....then maybe just 1 hour.

Trying to at dead of the night sometimes doesn't work. Maybe usually doesn't work. During those times, they will have less people operate the counters at the customs, so, if they halve the people and the traffic halves, you still end up getting stuck for the same amount of time.

Some of my friend said it may be still ok to leave on Thur evening after 10am. But that will means that, if some one is going to KL, they will only reach there around 1-2am.

Neutral Newbie

I used to aim to reach 2nd link customs by 7am but always get jammed for 3hrs. Now I take it easy. Wake up later, check the onemotoring website and leave when the jam clears. usually it will clear at around 9+am. If still jam wait somemore lor. Have not need to wait till 10+am before. [;)]

Having said that, I am only going to muar, 2-3hrs, drive from sg. I am happy as long as I reach muar for lunch.

Actually, the bigger problem is when coming back to SG on sunday. Sure jam for another 2-3 hrs to come in unless you reach sg customs before lunch! [laugh]

Unless you leave 1 day before or after the holiday, sure kenna jam one if you leave on actual day.

For me...I usually leave 1 day earlier and come back one day earlier. (eg for this coming Vesak Day...I leave on Thrus and come back on Sat)

If you go on Friday...JAM...come back Sunday....JAM. Simi holiday mood also gone liao.

How about 2nd link? Will it Jam?

What timing to avoid Jams at 1st link?

2nd link will also jam. there will also be more accidents this coming weekend.

sure jam.... hopefully all car owner read this and go holiday earlier.....

Or...just be more prepared and be patient while stuck in the jam.

↡ Advertisement