Nissan Latio PlasmaCluster aircon smelly?!

Tingshen

I have been driving my Latio for 6months+, since 3 months ago, on and off there was smelly air coming out from the aircon. Reported to the service center and after 2 trials, it's still the same. Engineer told me it's normal coz sometimes PlasmaCluster doing cleaning and causes it.

However, over the past few weeks, this smell comes back almost every day, and it lasted for 1-2 mins.

Any idea what went wrong? I know about Sharp plasmacluster technologies and I dun believe the engineer. Any Latio owner also encounter the same problem? Just want to hear some feedback before I bang table at the customer service.....

↡ Advertisement

I have been driving my Latio for 6months+, since 3 months ago, on and off there was smelly air coming out from the aircon. Reported to the service center and after 2 trials, it's still the same. Engineer told me it's normal coz sometimes PlasmaCluster doing cleaning and causes it.

However, over the past few weeks, this smell comes back almost every day, and it lasted for 1-2 mins.

Any idea what went wrong? I know about Sharp plasmacluster technologies and I dun believe the engineer. Any Latio owner also encounter the same problem? Just want to hear some feedback before I bang table at the customer service.....

You have to describe the smell. Some ppl find durian smelly also, but nobody can understand the smell of your car unless you are more specific. Is it a heavy metal kinda smell or mouldy kinda smell?

Hi, just join this forum.

I used to have a lation last yr, a very nice car to drive but when I stopped near bus,rubbish chute....the smell were enter in to the car,

I went servicing for 3-4 times,complain to technician but thy said the nissan aircon doesn't close 100%, only 80% closed and 20% open for ventilation...

even I requested them to close/seal up the aircon opening still smell enter....within a year, no choice ,really can't stand the outside smell from

entering ....so sold it away...if not for the aircon,is really a very nice and gd quality car (interior,power).

(edited)

Lation car? [laugh]

Are refering to Latio?

I think it can be fixed with duck tapes to seal the flap.

Edited by 5936

This is good stuff leh. Not many car comes with it.

My guess will be sudden surge of plasma cluster ions released into the cabin. when it had saturated the entire cabin with these ions, you dont noticed it anymore.

However, I may be wrong, withot the smell description.

Too bad we cant upload smell in the attachment [laugh]

Hi, just join this forum.

I used to have a lation last yr, a very nice car to drive but when I stopped near bus,rubbish chute....the smell were enter in to the car,

I went servicing for 3-4 times,complain to technician but thy said the nissan aircon doesn't close 100%, only 80% closed and 20% open for ventilation...

even I requested them to close/seal up the aircon opening still smell enter....within a year, no choice ,really can't stand the outside smell from

entering ....so sold it away...if not for the aircon,is really a very nice and gd quality car (interior,power).

i never had this problem with my latio, maybe you always set to outside air circulating.

Neutral Newbie

I also have this problem with my latio. Already set at Internal circulating. If there is a lorry with black smoke, after following for about 10 secs, I can smell already.

Hypersonic

I also have this problem with my latio. Already set at Internal circulating. If there is a lorry with black smoke, after following for about 10 secs, I can smell already.

I think yours got problem.. No smell leaks in when I set to internal circulation on my latio.

Turbocharged

I think yours got problem.. No smell leaks in when I set to internal circulation on my latio.

none for mine as well. it has always been internal circulation only. owned it for almost 4 years.

have u change ur aircon filter before? cos whenever my aircon smell "musky" i will just change the filter....then everything is fine....

my Latio is >5yrs...and usually I change the filter every 6~9 mths...cheap filter for $17 each...bought from 1 seller with nick "demio"...but i think price increase to $18 liao....

Neutral Newbie

Latio owners.. Do u know where to locate the air-con filter? My friend has been trying to change the filter himself but can't find the compartment. [confused]

Latio owners.. Do u know where to locate the air-con filter? My friend has been trying to change the filter himself but can't find the compartment. [confused]

Its located behind the glove box, you need to remove the glove box to access to it.

Check the replacement procedure at The Latio Club forum

go latio club forum

look for this guy called ''demio''

i believe its the same guy that sells ac filters as the contact number are the same

his post got installation instructions...

↡ Advertisement