The Great Singapore Sale! lelong lelong?

Vroomtattat

Hiya brudders! Anything that caught your eyes and you itching to buy?

For me, I'm eyeing a couple off things . . . LED Full HD TV, maybe an iPad and now dunno whether to get HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S.

Problem is my current TV is working fine and that it is a MIJ Sony, lasted me 8 years and still going strong so LED TV is out. [:(]

iPad is a want so forget it . . . [laugh]

Now the big question is Desire or Galaxy S? Gotta do some research but very likely going for HTC.

How about you guys? Buying any thing during the GSS? Is it really cheaper or is it just a gimmick this GSS??

↡ Advertisement

Buying any thing during the GSS?

Yup, a holiday trip to KL. Rather go there and buy buy buy. Buy until car boot full then come home happy. [laugh]

Shop shiok

Eat shiok

Smoke lagi shiok

Pump petrol super shiok.

Parking? ERP? WHO CARES? [laugh]

dump your crt and get a lcd la, nowadays so cheap. myself, not getting anything as GSS mostly are fashion products on sale and no car accessories .

dump your crt and get a lcd la, nowadays so cheap. myself, not getting anything as GSS mostly are fashion products on sale and no car accessories .

Hey, cannot arhh . . . dump the crt tv? Not cheap you know?? [sweatdrop]

Every year during GSS I go Robinsons stock up on clothes, shoes, everything.

The 1st week or 2 they always have 5-10% additional discount for Robinsons card holders (includes OCBC Robinsons Visa which i have). And pay by this Visa in Robinsons group of stores, will get 5% rebate.

Discount on top of discount, plus rebate... hard to beat.

Today went to twon at about 9pm, walk into the shop, bought a pair of brown shoes. 30% off really not bad.

nowadays not easy to find a decent pair of good shoes.

Even awful looking lousy ones cost $200 a pair.....

unfortunately they dont have it in black for my size. otherwise buy two pairs.

Cars got great sales or not?

I would like to get some working clothings from Robinson.

I always buy during GSS or Christmas time. Got discout and lucky draw!

GSS mostly are fashion products on sale and no car accessories .

Wa lao eh... its not as if we have a vibrant car retail industry here where cars shift by the hundreds of thousands.. (look at US for example...)

Supercharged

Singapore retailer no ethical. When they display the Sale 20%, 30% off, they actually up the price first then discount. We might ended up paying more for a 20% sale.

Toy R US, GSS promo is selling a 3 kingdom character by Ban Dai for 35% off at $25. But I paid $11 only in Taipei airport last week. I thought I paid premium since I am buying in restricted area and without any discount. But Singapore GSS price is more than double. How to attract tourist??? People kena con once will never return, if they happen to find out.

Turbocharged

Singapore retailer no ethical. When they display the Sale 20%, 30% off, they actually up the price first then discount. We might ended up paying more for a 20% sale.

Toy R US, GSS promo is selling a 3 kingdom character by Ban Dai for 35% off at $25. But I paid $11 only in Taipei airport last week. I thought I paid premium since I am buying in restricted area and without any discount. But Singapore GSS price is more than double. How to attract tourist??? People kena con once will never return, if they happen to find out.

Maybe because in Taiwan, that toy already clearing stock :D Or maybe it is closer to the manufacturing source, so minus off the shipping charges.

In Singapore it's only worth shopping for electronics and gadgets.

Cars got great sales or not?

I would like to get some working clothings from Robinson.

I always buy during GSS or Christmas time. Got discout and lucky draw!

there some PI using the term GSS for their cars advertisement when i read the newspaper yesterday. don't know whether it is really GSS.

Yup, a holiday trip to KL. Rather go there and buy buy buy. Buy until car boot full then come home happy. [laugh]

Shop shiok

Eat shiok

Smoke lagi shiok

Pump petrol super shiok.

Parking? ERP? WHO CARES? [laugh]

And this is very true. [laugh]

Plus not so terrible jams. With the GSS, all the car parks at shopping malls like Orchard and Raffles City seemed to be a nightmare for cars even passing thru those streets. [sweatdrop]

And you happen to find out as a local. [:p]

Hiya brudders! Anything that caught your eyes and you itching to buy?

For me, I'm eyeing a couple off things . . . LED Full HD TV, maybe an iPad and now dunno whether to get HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S.

Problem is my current TV is working fine and that it is a MIJ Sony, lasted me 8 years and still going strong so LED TV is out. [:(]

iPad is a want so forget it . . . [laugh]

Now the big question is Desire or Galaxy S? Gotta do some research but very likely going for HTC.

How about you guys? Buying any thing during the GSS? Is it really cheaper or is it just a gimmick this GSS??

If its electronic stuff you looking at, no need to wait until GSS. Every year have a few electronic fair I think can get during those time.

Anyway I only buy stuff which I need, won't just buy for the sake of "sales". So GSS doesn't mean much to me.

yeah, and because we are locals, we are stuck here long-term, unlike the tourists, they will be going back their home after their F-ed trip....hahaha

Every year during GSS I go Robinsons stock up on clothes, shoes, everything.

The 1st week or 2 they always have 5-10% additional discount for Robinsons card holders (includes OCBC Robinsons Visa which i have). And pay by this Visa in Robinsons group of stores, will get 5% rebate.

Discount on top of discount, plus rebate... hard to beat.

last year during the 'recession', Robinson had 4-5 close door sale for members ... -_-

With the GSS, all the car parks at shopping malls like Orchard and Raffles City seemed to be a nightmare for cars even passing thru those streets. [sweatdrop]

You haven't experienced KL jam yet I believe... [laugh]

Still... no ERP gantry to worry about!

↡ Advertisement