Ways to prevent erroneous claims from accident

Chrispie

I was just thinking, if LTA make it compulsory for every vehicle to install a camera for their car, and when any accident happens, it is mandatory to submit the video plus account within 24 hours, wont it solve the problems of erroneous claims?

the videos from both drivers will give a very accurate depiction of what actually happened from both positions, and we wont even need witness. Confirm objective.

If they can make every car install 3rd brake lights (cant rem when), and also the IU, maybe the cam will be a good move?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

kind of hard to put a camera on motorbikes, each has its own unique front design and construction.

yah... thats what i tot too.. esp bikes.. put on helmet lor..

yah... thats what i tot too.. esp bikes.. put on helmet lor..

I don't mind but how is it going to trigger when to start recording and when to stop? Some people can walk with a helmet without realizing they still have it on.

I don't mind but how is it going to trigger when to start recording and when to stop? Some people can walk with a helmet without realizing they still have it on.

there should be a way to clamp the cam on the handle bars.. if not, i was even thinkg that the bike can have a cam that points to the rear instead. from the car's front view cam and the bike's rear view cam, shld be good enuff to deduce what actually happened..

if connected to bike, easy lor.. when engine fired up, cam detects power, starts to record.

I also feel that with a cam on each car, most drivers will be more careful when they drive... coz in case anything happens, the last thing they want is the video to show they were actually breaking some rules, or driving recklessly.

(edited)

So who's going to pay for these extra compulsary installation costs? LTA?

individual driver lor.. i wont mind paying, seriously.. you see how the premiums shoots.. i think the increase alone is enuff to pay for a cam.. and that is gg to serve you and help you save for years to come.

Edited by Chrispie

Then u must have a water proof one..... and the one that cannot be stolen.....

if not bike dont fix.. car fix one front one back.

(edited)

I already have camera in car. Hehe $170 only ($200 with installation), but can only see front. But if you kiasu, then put a few more loh.

Anyway, I don't think it helps to prevent extortion claim by workshop, more of preventing the other party to make false claim against you, or give false statement.

When talk about $$$, all the 7 core values we learn in SAF, & 好公民 & social studies in school all goes down the drain.

Edited by Kiadaw

Insurance claims got nothing to do with LTA unless you damage their properties as a result of accidents, then they definitely will claim you.

Insurance claims got nothing to do with LTA unless you damage their properties as a result of accidents, then they definitely will claim you.

not profit generating.. they prob wont implement.. unless... they are the sole installer for all cams... each cam makes 100 dollars for installation, and we have to pay rental for it.. then they will prob implement..

if really LTA make it every car a must have. I fully support it. I am 1 of the victim of erroneous claim before. haiz...

if really LTA make it every car a must have. I fully support it. I am 1 of the victim of erroneous claim before. haiz...

what happened?

when it comes to accidents, worst case will be those 'your words against mine' scenarios.. with vid, dont need talk so much, submit, let an indepedent party decides. wow.. how much heartache and headache will that save us!

(edited)

individual driver lor.. i wont mind paying, seriously.. you see how the premiums shoots.. i think the increase alone is enuff to pay for a cam.. and that is gg to serve you and help you save for years to come.

I don't think that installing a road cam on every vehicle can reduce insurance premiums..

Edited by Beehive3783

Dear Chrispie

I know that your intentions are good.

But most ppl including those who govern, would heck care what implications you might face, if you didn't do this or that, in event that an individual meet with an accident and he/she could not prove otherwise that it was not his fault.

It has always been so...human nature don't changed much even after 1 million yrs.

No one really cares for anyone...sincerely....or most won't bother anyway.... if you needed help to find some justice to an issue you face....you will always come to the same conclusion.

This is also why humans get to pay for their erroneous ways in a cyclical fashion, without seeing an good exit and a final solution to their problems.

Some might differ from what I have said here....saying humans , at least for certain kinds have made improvement over time for their behaviour.

But with a small section of ppl having made such efforts to become good, over the rest of the great majority who didnn't improve or have gotten worse...where do you sincerely think will be the end result of this?

↡ Advertisement