Ways to prevent erroneous claims from accident

Chrispie

i feel for you.. when u kena first one, you think it sucks big time.. until.. you tot u are more careful, another idiot hit you again..

yah tks.. especially when both are not my fault!!! [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I was just thinking, if LTA make it compulsory for every vehicle to install a camera for their car, and when any accident happens, it is mandatory to submit the video plus account within 24 hours, wont it solve the problems of erroneous claims?

the videos from both drivers will give a very accurate depiction of what actually happened from both positions, and we wont even need witness. Confirm objective.

If they can make every car install 3rd brake lights (cant rem when), and also the IU, maybe the cam will be a good move?

Authorities have only 3 goals. One is promote road safety (no car mod, etc). 2nd is promote road efficiency (build more roads, etc). 3rd is ways to collect more money (erp, etc).

Accidents are personal issue, and it is not their goal to help people solve their accident issues.

Authorities have only 3 goals. One is promote road safety (no car mod, etc). 2nd is promote road efficiency (build more roads, etc). 3rd is ways to collect more money (erp, etc).

Accidents are personal issue, and it is not their goal to help people solve their accident issues.

Less accident = more road efficiency. How many times have you encounter jam due to accident?

I think the intentions are good, but there are people who are sadistic enough who are not afraid to purposely cause an accident, so there is still some limits there.

There's also quite a few grey areas. Whose fault at the end sometimes can be quite subjective and open to interpretation.

I think the intentions are good, but there are people who are sadistic enough who are not afraid to purposely cause an accident, so there is still some limits there.

There's also quite a few grey areas. Whose fault at the end sometimes can be quite subjective and open to interpretation.

yes of coz.. it is EVEN MORE SUBJECTIVE AND even open to interpretation if its just words and maybe a few pictures. It will def be different if there is video... usually an accident is the result of a series of events, thus the pic of the aftermath does not much justice...

It is like we look at the pic, and each try to cook up a story to make it your case... i think nx time pri sch oral exam, they shld use an accident pic, and ask the pri 1 kid to cook up a story such that the insurer will rule in his favour... sure to grow a few lawyers outta this..

Less accident = more road efficiency. How many times have you encounter jam due to accident?

that day on the road, there was an accident on the opp lane, this van infront of me, actually drove to about 20kph.. wound down his window, and stuck his head out of his window to watch! After his car passed, he actually turned his head and looked back while his van is still gg fwd!!!!!!!!!

I honked him and he gimme the 'WTF' wave...

Neutral Newbie

Sound like Malaysia-obtained driving licence on Singapore roads

RM50 to get driving licence ; ) haha

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

So who's going to pay for these extra compulsary installation costs? LTA?

I think will be same case as installing IU. Last time who pay for IU?

Edited by Zelcadence

I think will be same case as installing IU. Last time who pay for IU?

When they first implement ERP, installation was free.

When they first implement ERP, installation was free.

ERP is revenue generating... unless the cam is, LTA wont do it.

If they are gg to do it, the cam will be on rental basis... that IS some long term revenue generator! (i shld be a scholar there! :ph34r: )

that day on the road, there was an accident on the opp lane, this van infront of me, actually drove to about 20kph.. wound down his window, and stuck his head out of his window to watch! After his car passed, he actually turned his head and looked back while his van is still gg fwd!!!!!!!!!

I honked him and he gimme the 'WTF' wave...

Maybe he thought seeing someone he know among the accident vehicles thats why keep watching...

So far didn't encounter this type, usually is slow moving then after the accident spot all speed up liao.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, since you have opinion on fraud claim on car accident. I was hoping you can help me with this. I met a car accident few months back. I was at the traffic light when it was red infront was another car i think it was toyota vios and when it turned green, everyone started moving off but this toyota vios e-braked and but i manage to brake in time however i did kiss or barely touch his bumper and he took down the pictures and my details. The next day i requested him to follow me to the workshop but he did not want and he wanted to report to the police i let him did it since i thought like it was just a minor accident the police wouldnt do anything.

However, today i receive a insurance claim up to 9000over, 6k+ for his car damage 2k+ for car rental and 1k+ for his misc fees. I strongly believe that even a bumper wouldnt cost up to 6000+. so i hope that someone can help me with this matter.

few points to take note:

1) i did not take down the pictures as my phone was non-camera. i was in the army then.

2) i did not take down his particulars as he had mine.

3) i did not make any police report or claim because i thought it was a minor accident and could settle by private settlements.

i'll be grateful if anyone can help me with this matter to any extend! Thanks alot!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, since you have opinion on fraud claim on car accident. I was hoping you can help me with this. I met a car accident few months back. I was at the traffic light when it was red infront was another car i think it was toyota vios and when it turned green, everyone started moving off but this toyota vios e-braked and but i manage to brake in time however i did kiss or barely touch his bumper and he took down the pictures and my details. The next day i requested him to follow me to the workshop but he did not want and he wanted to report to the police i let him did it since i thought like it was just a minor accident the police wouldnt do anything.

However, today i receive a insurance claim up to 9000over, 6k+ for his car damage 2k+ for car rental and 1k+ for his misc fees. I strongly believe that even a bumper wouldnt cost up to 6000+. so i hope that someone can help me with this matter.

few points to take note:

1) i did not take down the pictures as my phone was non-camera. i was in the army then.

2) i did not take down his particulars as he had mine.

3) i did not make any police report or claim because i thought it was a minor accident and could settle by private settlements.

i'll be grateful if anyone can help me with this matter to any extend! Thanks alot!

(edited)

9k for damage?!!

that is pretty crazy.. but i think based on what you have said, you are really at the losing end since you rear ended his vehicle, and he had all the pictures etc. The police will not interfere when there is no injury involved.

You will just lose your ncd because he claimed against you. Did you make any report within 24 hrs? If not, lagi no case already. Take it as a lesson my friend, you tot it can be privately settled, but if the other party did not agree, you were just asking for trouble for not doing anything.

Edited by Chrispie

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Kinda new here, need advise.

recently (dec 30th) the brother met with an accident. he's riding his bike and collided with a private bus.

he suffered some serious head injuries and got hospitalised. Witnesses & some of his colleagues mentioned that from the looks of it, it's the bus driver's fault as he was trying to take a shortcut and hence made an illegal manouvre.

thing is, to date we have not filed a police report & neither have we contacted the insurance company.

will this be an issue? cos the bro is trying to recuperate, he's still unstable now..

i wanna help him, but i have no idea where to start.

do i :

make sure police report is filed & then approach the insurance co?

what would the insurance co need? and what kinda damages can i claim for?

should we be doing our own claim or claim from the 3rd party?

what if we don't have the 3rd party's contact? will the police be able to provide us this info?

and wat abt the hospital bill? do we settle it ourselves first? or can we also claim from the 3rd party?

i hope someone out there can enlighten me.. my first time with all these accident claims...

You need a RTA (road traffic accident) lawyer. If injuries are serious enough, it warrants the late reporting. Have case, but better to approach a lawyer, don't ask and disclose too much in forums.

Hi all,

Kinda new here, need advise.

recently (dec 30th) the brother met with an accident. he's riding his bike and collided with a private bus.

he suffered some serious head injuries and got hospitalised. Witnesses & some of his colleagues mentioned that from the looks of it, it's the bus driver's fault as he was trying to take a shortcut and hence made an illegal manouvre.

thing is, to date we have not filed a police report & neither have we contacted the insurance company.

will this be an issue? cos the bro is trying to recuperate, he's still unstable now..

i wanna help him, but i have no idea where to start.

do i :

make sure police report is filed & then approach the insurance co?

what would the insurance co need? and what kinda damages can i claim for?

should we be doing our own claim or claim from the 3rd party?

what if we don't have the 3rd party's contact? will the police be able to provide us this info?

and wat abt the hospital bill? do we settle it ourselves first? or can we also claim from the 3rd party?

i hope someone out there can enlighten me.. my first time with all these accident claims...

Neutral Newbie

I already have camera in car. Hehe $170 only ($200 with installation), but can only see front. But if you kiasu, then put a few more loh.

Anyway, I don't think it helps to prevent extortion claim by workshop, more of preventing the other party to make false claim against you, or give false statement.

When talk about $$$, all the 7 core values we learn in SAF, & 好公民 & social studies in school all goes down the drain.

Bro,mind to share wat brand is yr camera/where to buy/where to install???

Neutral Newbie

yup, anyone has any good car cameras to recommend...

Recently got into an accident when the driver beat the red light.

No witness has come forward yet.

↡ Advertisement