Gout treatment

Biglittlebean

Being a long time and frequent gout sufferer, I have been taking medication(although not very disciplined and regular in it) as well eating food like cherries, but my gout still recurred from time to time. Recently, I started taking supplements like green barley and spirulina upon the recommendation of a friend, and I realized that the frequency of gout happening is much less and the gout seem to be less severe. Any other gout sufferers can share their ways of coping with gout?

Another colleague told me that everytime before he goes on a seafood feast, he would take two conchicine tablets(gout medication) before that and usually he would not have gout attacks after eating seafood. Not so sure if that is a good way though.

Being a long time and frequent gout sufferer, I have been taking medication(although not very disciplined and regular in it) as well eating food like cherries, but my gout still recurred from time to time. Recently, I started taking supplements like green barley and spirulina upon the recommendation of a friend, and I realized that the frequency of gout happening is much less and the gout seem to be less severe. Any other gout sufferers can share their ways of coping with gout?

Another colleague told me that everytime before he goes on a seafood feast, he would take two conchicine tablets(gout medication) before that and usually he would not have gout attacks after eating seafood. Not so sure if that is a good way though.

i used to have gout frequently.. till i start to drink hawthorn water every morning.. then now much better... i am not on allupurinol because when i take it gout attack will be very serious a few days later. so i dun take it liao

green papaya i hear is also good...and i did some read up.... it seems green papaya has enzymes that will disslove or break down protein... which is the main problem of gout... but not easy to find green papaya.. [:p]

Where can you buy the hawthorn water? I tried to search for it, but all I can find is hawthorn sweets. I read that hawthorn is also good for lowering bad cholesterol as well.

Hai.. there was once upon a time when I thought I can eat anything I want, do what I want and sleep whenever I want and my body will still remain invincible. Now... :wacko:

My gout is less frequent. May be once every 3 or 4 months.. But since I cut down on carbo and zero sugar, been gout free for almost 9 months.. I'm not sure if it's really due to this diet or not, but surprising I'm eating more protein via red meat than ever, and not a single attack since.

Some reference

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3168561

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3132184

Where can you buy the hawthorn water? I tried to search for it, but all I can find is hawthorn sweets. I read that hawthorn is also good for lowering bad cholesterol as well.

Hai.. there was once upon a time when I thought I can eat anything I want, do what I want and sleep whenever I want and my body will still remain invincible. Now... :wacko:

my CO buys the hawthorn from Fook Wah... a few branches around SG... pour hot water over it wait a while then can drink liao. i think she put about half cup of hawthorn in a cup the rest hot water.... can use the hawthorn i think about 3 times...

Please enlighten me.

What's hawthorn? Is it call "Jin Zhen" in Chinese?

I'm eating blue berries (i think so) as told by my friend because the doc say it will help a lot.

in short, proper diet is imptnt.

Now, i have high protein as well. Sugar level is quite high too.

Quite cham... look like forcing myself to exercise more is imptnt.

I was given both Alluporinol and Colcochine in the past but has stopped taking the latter 'cos one of the doctors told me that it's not good for my kidneys if taking it long term.

I only take Alluporinol when attack happens and takes me about 3-5 days for the pain to subside. Just have an attack 3 days ago overseas after having half a glass of beer the day before. [furious]

I was given both Alluporinol and Colcochine in the past but has stopped taking the latter 'cos one of the doctors told me that it's not good for my kidneys if taking it long term.

I only take Alluporinol when attack happens and takes me about 3-5 days for the pain to subside. Just have an attack 3 days ago overseas after having half a glass of beer the day before. [furious]

beer + peanuts kills.

Luckily I dun drink so much on beer. I think my gout seem to subside abit. but I will have pain after I took duck meat tho.

I love to take chicken and fish, but they have high on protein. Sian man... [:(]

beer + peanuts kills.

Luckily I dun drink so much on beer. I think my gout seem to subside abit. but I will have pain after I took duck meat tho.

I love to take chicken and fish, but they have high on protein. Sian man... [:(]

I only have half a glass of beer over mutton steamboat and no peanuts...... :angry:

I usually don't have much problems when taking some other stuffs but seafood is 50-50 while alcohol tried and tested twice that it will have an attack the next day.

Now always have alluporinol with me when going overseas. Have a recent unpleasant experience at the airport. Do get them before going to the airport, Watson refused to sell it to me 'cos I'm a local. Only foreign passport holders can purchase them. Locals must go see doctor. NB! [furious]

If I am not wrong, Allopurinol is responsible for freeing up the uric acid buildup around our joints. Hence, when you take allopurinol, the uric acid in your blood will actually increase and if they are not passed out from your body, it will trigger another attack. That's why we are advised to drink lots of water when taking allopurinol. For colchicine, it is supposed to help the body remove uric acid, but being toxic in nature, the doctors usually advises us to stop if we start to have diarrhoea.

Yes, Allopurinol will cause liver failure in high dosages.

Please enlighten me.

I'm eating blue berries (i think so) as told by my friend because the doc say it will help a lot.

I think hawthorn in chinese is called "San Zha". It's sold quite cheaply as sweets for children.

Please enlighten me.

hawthorn is san zhar......

I think hawthorn in chinese is called "San Zha". It's sold quite cheaply as sweets for children.

the sweets type not valid hor..... is the real hawthorn.. fook wah is chinese medicine shop

If I am not wrong, Allopurinol is responsible for freeing up the uric acid buildup around our joints. Hence, when you take allopurinol, the uric acid in your blood will actually increase and if they are not passed out from your body, it will trigger another attack. That's why we are advised to drink lots of water when taking allopurinol. For colchicine, it is supposed to help the body remove uric acid, but being toxic in nature, the doctors usually advises us to stop if we start to have diarrhoea.

Yes, Allopurinol will cause liver failure in high dosages.

[laugh] I will have diarrhea when I takes colcochine! I hardly goes out when I take them 'cos of the pain as well as always looking for toilets! [laugh]

I only have half a glass of beer over mutton steamboat and no peanuts...... :angry:

I usually don't have much problems when taking some other stuffs but seafood is 50-50 while alcohol tried and tested twice that it will have an attack the next day.

Now always have alluporinol with me when going overseas. Have a recent unpleasant experience at the airport. Do get them before going to the airport, Watson refused to sell it to me 'cos I'm a local. Only foreign passport holders can purchase them. Locals must go see doctor. NB! [furious]

mutton is the posion.... beer and liquor not that bad....

i get my cochcine and voltaren pain killers from malaysia..... very very cheap

[laugh] I will have diarrhea when I takes colcochine! I hardly goes out when I take them 'cos of the pain as well as always looking for toilets! [laugh]

that is a side effect.. if not how to pass out the protein... [laugh]