Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Picanto
seems hard to get

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Wind
  • Premium member
    Wind
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am actually worried abt this lapse too. but all the incar recorders that i enquire have this lapse in between the video files. the only difference is how long is each video file.

any recommendations?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

seems hard to get

looks like i'm just wait.
till the technology matures.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Ak7887
  • Ak7887
    2nd Gear

saw a demo done by a salesman from www.vigidrive.com
comes with 24 hr recording too and the unit does not look big. $399. Wire can be hidden and connected internally without the use of the cigarette socket.
Have been thinking to get one ever since my company installed in all their commercial vehicles. Helped a lot in fighting those 50-50% cases. Now really thinking of installing in my VW. Who knows when it might come handy.
Ip Man said:- "Its not about winning, its all about learning to respect each other." So what if you have a faster car??

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Hi bros

Something to share.

Some recorders having that 3~4 seconds of data loss during file transfer. (meaning- when file is completed, device needs to create another file)

Do enquire before you make the purchase. I have come across an accident video clip that missed out the most crucial evidence. No joke!

This is old technology already. Those new ones do not have such problem at all.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

saw a demo done by a salesman from www.vigidrive.com
comes with 24 hr recording too and the unit does not look big. $399. Wire can be hidden and connected internally without the use of the cigarette socket.
Have been thinking to get one ever since my company installed in all their commercial vehicles. Helped a lot in fighting those 50-50% cases. Now really thinking of installing in my VW. Who knows when it might come handy.

am considering this model too. Have you seen the night and day recording? is it clear to capture car plates?

As it is a bit high side, so did not buy yet as worry about the clarity.

do feedback please.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

my requirement is:
1) date and time
2) must see car plate day and night
3) connect to car battery auto on/off when engine starts
4) no need to look nice, can have wires.
5) no need LCD

budget 300.
possible?

Possible. The one I recommend already meet ur requirement. biggrin.gif

The one I recommend can see car plate two car lengths away in day and one car length away in night. It is more than enough to record crucial evidence occurring near ur car. thumbsup.gif

In HD format, you can capture very clear features of any person vandalising ur car. I tried those with 320x280 and 640x480 cameras, cannot make it man. Unable to capture clear features of anyone near your car. With mega pixel, 1280x720, u can see clear features of the person near ur car. Can see coupon aunty, come by and look see. Can see advert boy/girl leave those leaflets on ur car. If ur car is parked and some kuku driver bang urs while parking, also can capture clear number plate.

CCD lens is available already but it does not come with a complete unit. It comes with lens and recording unit seperate. It will require an installer with electronics knowledge to install it in ur car. Such units dont come cheap, in the range of S$400+ to S$2000+ depends on the number of camera and capabilities of the recording device.

Such as :

Model No. ES-420PS
Image Sensor 1/4" Sharp CCD
Pixels PAL:512(H)*582(V); NTSC:510(H)*492(V)
Signal System PAL/NTSC
Sync System Internal
Horizontal Resolution 420TVL
Min Illumination 1.0Lux/F1.2
S/N Ratio 》48db
Shutter Speed 1/50(1/60)-1/10,000sec
Video Output BNC 1.0Vp-p75Ω
White Balance Auto
BLC Default Off
AGC Default On
Electronic Shutter Default On
Power Supply DC12V
Lens 3.6mm
Dimension 32mm*32mm

Plus this recording device :

Features:
1. Real time recording, D1, HD1 and CIF resolution
2. H.264 compression, triplex operation
3. 1ch AV or 8/16ch AV playback simultaneously
4. USB backup, CD/DVD-RW optional
5. Support USB mouse, remote control and panel control
6. Powerful network function, supprt DDNS and MNS
7. Support 4 HDD inside

Ultimately, a simple HD capable car camera is able to do a simple daily recording. Unless u are driving a S$1 million car, then go for these high-end recording devices.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged

Impressive! Good enough for me . . .

Please include me in if going for MO. Thanks! thumbsup.gif
Can you be more steady? Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

I already own the HD car camera. So no MO for me. biggrin.gif

I recommend bros here, go for HD capable car camera. It is so affordable nowadays, avoid those car camera still using old 320x280 or 640x480 resolution. It is old technology already. HD car camera is flooding the HK market and soon it will be in SG. Most retailers here trying to clear their old stock and getting HD car cameras.

Would u wana buy old model rather than a affordable new model??? I am not a salesman, just a satisfied end-user. biggrin.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

Me too! Will be interested if there is a MO for that item! wave.gif

PS. The one I own is so blur cannot really see license plates! And the suction cup cannot stick on anymore, plus the joint to hold the camera onto the stand broke off within 3 months. So basically, it's crap. I don't even use it anymore.

Edited by Eviltrap, 08 June 2010 - 09:16 AM.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged

Ya hor and it works! thumbsup.gif Good for you, brudder.
Can you be more steady? Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

Shanhz
  • Premium member
    Shanhz
    4th Gear

Me too! Will be interested if there is a MO for that item! wave.gif

PS. The one I own is so blur cannot really see license plates! And the suction cup cannot stick on anymore, plus the joint to hold the camera onto the stand broke off within 3 months. So basically, it's crap. I don't even use it anymore.

same for me. $120 model also end up like that. better spend more get model that is not MIC

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Jovially
  • Premium member
    Jovially
    1st Gear

PC Show coming, maybe can source there.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

same for me. $120 model also end up like that. better spend more get model that is not MIC

I checked the link that Adrianli posted. There's a bit of discount if we order 3 or more.

But I've never ordered things online before, not sure how to do it too. And we'll need another 1-2 more people to get the discount.

By the way, my recorder was one of those being sold by speed_ong. Spend about 100+ on it too. But I guess you get what you pay. =(

Edited by Eviltrap, 08 June 2010 - 09:55 AM.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear

my requirement is:
1) date and time
supported, but u need to preset it via your TV.
2) must see car plate day and night
very clear... but u shall be able to see the car plate within 2-5m..
3) connect to car battery auto on/off when engine starts
supported
4) no need to look nice, can have wires.
5) no need LCD

budget 300. i bought from him -> http://www.mycarforu...o...3470&st=700 under SGD250

possible?

This one can ?
------------------------
DV004
Super High Resolution(HD) 1280 x 720 Car Accident Recorder(Wide Angle model - 120 degrees) - DV004(The highest resolution model in the market now!!)
Built-in 5,000,000 pixels high resolution camera.
Recording resolution: 1280*720 / 960*720 / 640*480.
Recording frame rate: 60/50/40/30 fps.
Supports real time playback.
Recording mode: automatic records when car power is on - fuss free recordings.
Record image + time + data.
Built-in microphone.
Circular records automatically,over-write if memory is full.
Supports up to 32G SD card.
USB port: connect to computer for backup.
Car cigarette lighter power supply, easy installation.
After car power is off, a small Li-ion battery inside DVR will record another 6 secs before it switches off
We provide additional wall adapter for you to access the menu function of the dvr at home by connecting it to a TV. Video cables provided too.
Working voltage/current: DC 5V/400mA.
Color: Black
----------------------

I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

actually i have been to those normal security cam shop.

one of them recommended me something similar, with 1/3 ccd camera. the camera cost about 50-80 dollars per piece, buying the video recorder cost $200 plus, add up to about $330min.

Was thinking of doing so but the shop owner tell me i have to find my own car installer that knows how to do wiring. as i was starting to look for in car cam, i did not take the offer.

maybe i should just explore this area.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

actually i have been to those normal security cam shop.

one of them recommended me something similar, with 1/3 ccd camera. the camera cost about 50-80 dollars per piece, buying the video recorder cost $200 plus, add up to about $330min.

Was thinking of doing so but the shop owner tell me i have to find my own car installer that knows how to do wiring. as i was starting to look for in car cam, i did not take the offer.

maybe i should just explore this area.

I dont think the video recorder quoted is capable of HD recording.

Wa I dont like abt such system is installation by experienced installer is required. If you wana sell car, u have to get them to remove it. If you drive a rental car, u cannot transfer to the rental car.

Same as a GPS unit, most would rather get a portable one than one that incoporates in ur headunit.

The portable camera can be used to shoot ur own home videos also. biggrin.gif I plan to use it in my r/c heli and get some aerial shots just for fun, one of these days. biggrin.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear

I checked the link that Adrianli posted. There's a bit of discount if we order 3 or more.

But I've never ordered things online before, not sure how to do it too. And we'll need another 1-2 more people to get the discount.

By the way, my recorder was one of those being sold by speed_ong. Spend about 100+ on it too. But I guess you get what you pay. =(

Hey bro,u mean this http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.35356? Buy more than 3 haf more disc? then add me too,if not wrong,already haf 3 ppl interested in this at least liao,mo mo mo :)

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear

Hey bro,u mean this http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.35356? Buy more than 3 haf more disc? then add me too,if not wrong,already haf 3 ppl interested in this at least liao,mo mo mo :)

I am also interested. If anyone doing MO - please count me in and send me a PM. Thanks!
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Asdfghjkl
  • Asdfghjkl
    2nd Gear

Bros,

Sim Lim square got quite a few models selling within your $300 budget. Worth to go have a look.

The cheapest one take video in a loop. ie earlier video will be auto erased when memory reached limit. The price is $80. Simple DIY installation. Use the cigarette plug for power and suction cup. But need to activate to start recording and activate to save video. I am using it. Serve my purpose. I did not get involved in any accident for the last 10 years anyway..

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BlackVue DR350

BlackVue DR350  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Maxkiah  |  Clutched

Ok incar camera

Using it for 2 years now the camera seem to be having some problem in starting up and too long time to start recording . (due to park under the sun for prolong period???)

Garmin GDR 45

Garmin GDR 45  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Shamorty  |  Neutral Newbie

Reasonably priced dashcam.

I found this easy to install and I was putting it through its paces quite quickly. It has a 16:9 resolution at full HD 1920x1080 and the recording quality is very good. Also, it is compact and didn't clutter up too much of my windscreen. The... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Video Recorder

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3), Google (1)