car vehicle recorder

• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6428 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I already own the HD car camera. So no MO for me. biggrin.gif

I recommend bros here, go for HD capable car camera. It is so affordable nowadays, avoid those car camera still using old 320x280 or 640x480 resolution. It is old technology already. HD car camera is flooding the HK market and soon it will be in SG. Most retailers here trying to clear their old stock and getting HD car cameras.

Would u wana buy old model rather than a affordable new model??? I am not a salesman, just a satisfied end-user. biggrin.gif

if convenient and possible, email me the video clip(without conversion) ? thanks.....
i intend to buy for rear if the video is clear as the price from dealextreme is ok to me.

i am using this, but is $3xx.
http://www.eurekaplu...-megapixel.html

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey bro,u mean this http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.35356? Buy more than 3 haf more disc? then add me too,if not wrong,already haf 3 ppl interested in this at least liao,mo mo mo :)

Anyone have a Paypal account? I dunno how it works.

If those interested has a Paypal account, then can help with the MO? If not, then I go and find out how Paypal works first. laugh.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

if convenient and possible, email me the video clip(without conversion) ? thanks.....
i intend to buy for rear if the video is clear as the price from dealextreme is ok to me.

i am using this, but is $3xx.
http://www.eurekaplu...-megapixel.html

u got it for $300 plus? it was $600 plus on their website...

if it is $300 plus i will get it, its very clear! can recommend?

Edited by Tom_kkh, 08 June 2010 - 11:55 AM.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    6th Gear

If those interested has a Paypal account, then can help with the MO? If not, then I go and find out how Paypal works first. laugh.gif

bro,

i click method 1 and method 2 for payment.
i think can also pay by credit card since they ask for the info

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

I think i give up searching already. Please kindly include me for MO, than we can go fix together! biggrin.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

bro,

i click method 1 and method 2 for payment.
i think can also pay by credit card since they ask for the info

I tried clicking and found it to be like normal online transactions.

Will any fees be applied for each transactions other than the currency conversion processing fees mentioned this.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Smartboy4
  • Smartboy4
    Clutched

hey adrian, does that camera got the time lapse in between video files? only thing that is holding me back from buying

also for the motion detection + built in battery, you have it running throughout the night and it records on and off when theres motion right?

so is anyone doing MO? if not im going to hoot it liao laugh.gif

what's the deal for 3 or more sets?

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

hey adrian, does that camera got the time lapse in between video files? only thing that is holding me back from buying

also for the motion detection + built in battery, you have it running throughout the night and it records on and off when theres motion right?

From DealExtreme, they are giving slight discounts for purchase of 3 units and above. More if getting 10 and above.

From the responses from that page, someone mention there is a 5s lag between the start of each recording.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear

i thought of buying from them, but too expensive, so google a lot and found one shop in SLS selling.
SLS, 2nd floor got sell at $3xx. bought mine last year and 1 to1 exchange for 1 year warranty. mine is without motion detection.
i think both company parallel import. the shop at SLS is www.papylon.com( unit i think is #02-10).

this product do have some limitation and the night recording might not be good enough.

i just had mine exchange to due to cam cannot loop recording.

important to note :-
if buying, test the product on the spot and watch the video clip to see if ok

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear

i do have paypal account, but not sure how the MO works ?

the last time i bought from them, it a car charger for iphone. the sing post just sent without further counter-checking to one of the govenment agency(drugs) for checking.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

i do have paypal account, but not sure how the MO works ?

the last time i bought from them, it a car charger for iphone. the sing post just sent without further counter-checking to one of the govenment agency(drugs) for checking.

Me too. Don't really know how MO works. And I have heard of some bad stories about MO gone wrong.

Anyway, from the same page, I saw some reviews mentioning that the night recording is still not that good. And it will be worse if HID is installed by the user's car.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

Seems like this one is better.

Click here.

F500HD

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

Seems like this one is better.

Click here.

F500HD

nothing lei bro

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

nothing lei bro

Sorry, bro.

Here

If link don't work, please copy and paste this.

http://www.dod-tec.c...rod=F500HDs.jpg

Edited by Eviltrap, 08 June 2010 - 02:25 PM.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Look at the product's fps. FPS = frames per second.

Get at least 30fps camera otherwise your recorded video is jerky. My currently S$350 car camera is 5fps at HD quality. Its jerky at normal speed replay, once u speed up the recording, then it looks normal.

So my advise i get at least 30fps recording camera.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

I did not notice any time lapse between video files, let me go back and have a look again and upload the video file here. Each video recording, u can select 5, 10 or 15mins recording segments.

The one I recomended got no motion detection. It is my rear view camera, I dont turn it on all night long. Only when I start engine then it turns on and record automatically.

Actually, no need MO lah. Just buy online and it will be delivered to you in a week using registered mail. I got mine in a week after ordering. Let me go back home and upload the video for you guys to see the quality.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Sorry, bro.

Here

If link don't work, please copy and paste this.

http://www.dod-tec.c...rod=F500HDs.jpg

This camera is good. But I think price will be way above the S$250 budget leh. knife.gif

If you can afford, why not. But if those car thief see this camera in ur car, it will be gone plus windows smashed. knife.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear

Look at the product's fps. FPS = frames per second.

Get at least 30fps camera otherwise your recorded video is jerky. My currently S$350 car camera is 5fps at HD quality. Its jerky at normal speed replay, once u speed up the recording, then it looks normal.

So my advise i get at least 30fps recording camera.

mine is also 5fps, it is jerky, but not that bad.
you might want to try re-formatting your card using win vista, and set the ALLOCATION UNIT SIZE to either 32K or 64K, and of course set filesystem to FAT32.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged

Adrianli - since u have this for back view. How abt the front view?

So many in car video recorder here... The MARC look the best to me tho.but it is DAMN way expensive.
Torco Racing Engine Oil User

PSN ID: pboong | PS3 PSN/MSN

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Adrianli - since u have this for back view. How abt the front view?

So many in car video recorder here... The MARC look the best to me tho.but it is DAMN way expensive.

My front view camera is the more expensive DRS1100PRO.

http://www.drivesurv...DRS1100PRO.html

I am trying to stick to the topic and TS budget of S$250, did not recommend this one.

For S$350 I paid for the DRS1100PRO, I think it is one of the better car camera in the market. It comes with shock sensor, GPS, mega resolution recording, wide angle lens, etc.....

If you have S$350 budget, get the DRS1100PRO. U will never regret, it is made in korea. If the local vendor no stock, u can search online and get it from korea. It will be almost the same price. S$350 price is only for MO of 5 units and more If I am not wrong. Normal special price is S$388.

When my vandalism case is resolved, I plan to do a video screening dedicated to the DRS1100PRO which captured the a------e in action. laugh.gif Then u guys can see the real recording of the guy's face. My fren comment that his hair stand when he saw how clear the video recording of the a------e in the act.

No more OT from me. laugh.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users