car vehicle recorder

• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6428 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My front view camera is the more expensive DRS1100PRO.

http://www.drivesurv...DRS1100PRO.html

I am trying to stick to the topic and TS budget of S$250, did not recommend this one.

For S$350 I paid for the DRS1100PRO, I think it is one of the better car camera in the market. It comes with shock sensor, GPS, mega resolution recording, wide angle lens, etc.....

If you have S$350 budget, get the DRS1100PRO. U will never regret, it is made in korea. If the local vendor no stock, u can search online and get it from korea. It will be almost the same price. S$350 price is only for MO of 5 units and more If I am not wrong. Normal special price is S$388.

When my vandalism case is resolved, I plan to do a video screening dedicated to the DRS1100PRO which captured the a------e in action. laugh.gif Then u guys can see the real recording of the guy's face. My fren comment that his hair stand when he saw how clear the video recording of the a------e in the act.

No more OT from me. laugh.gif

am just curious why would u need one for the back, surveillance purpose? can give the local vendor's contact?

Edited by Tom_kkh, 08 June 2010 - 05:13 PM.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am trying to stick to the topic and TS budget of S$250, did not recommend this one.

For S$350 I paid for the DRS1100PRO, I think it is one of the better car camera in the market. It comes with shock sensor, GPS, mega resolution recording, wide angle lens, etc.....

If you have S$350 budget, get the DRS1100PRO. U will never regret, it is made in korea. If the local vendor no stock, u can search online and get it from korea. It will be almost the same price. S$350 price is only for MO of 5 units and more If I am not wrong. Normal special price is S$388.

When my vandalism case is resolved, I plan to do a video screening dedicated to the DRS1100PRO which captured the a------e in action. laugh.gif Then u guys can see the real recording of the guy's face. My fren comment that his hair stand when he saw how clear the video recording of the a------e in the act.

Thanks. it is a good especially is it stick on top behind the mirror. At least it is not as expensive as MARC. Double the price.

Torco Racing Engine Oil User

PSN ID: pboong | PS3 PSN/MSN

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged

am just curious why would u need one for the back, surveillance purpose? can give the local vendor's contact?

For safety with a back camera recording. U never know tho. =)
Torco Racing Engine Oil User

PSN ID: pboong | PS3 PSN/MSN

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    2nd Gear

Hi Guys...I am looking for a in car recorder ...so can count me in for a MO also :)

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Supercharged

Adrian,
for those camera without any LCD screen, how do you guage that you are capturing the right angle?

I think a simple camera with clear resoultion is good enough (without capture of speed).
I dont want to be summon for speeding in the event of any accident
Thanks

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Usamomo
  • Usamomo
    1st Gear

hi friends, gotta remember above $400 need to pay gst.
since free shipping might as well order individually

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ak7887
  • Ak7887
    2nd Gear

bro, check http://video.vigidrive.com/videos.php
I think this is the correct link to the videos recorded using this model from vigi.
Looks good for the night and day shot for the new model.
In fact my company just complained to SMRT about a taxi driver whose behaviour will make anyone angry when you watched it. Sent the video to SMRT and demanded an apology from them. That driver really wanted to create an accident mad.gif
The video was made using the older model. Although much cheaper, the video which was recorded at night, was quite clear. Managed to catch the taxi number plate when we paused the video.
Ip Man said:- "Its not about winning, its all about learning to respect each other." So what if you have a faster car??

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Ak7887
  • Ak7887
    2nd Gear

I think one for the back may not be necessary. When you are hit at the back, the recorder will record the sudden bump and movement of your car. Basically that is enough evidence. Also, was told that if someone wants to pick a fight with you on the road, just ask them to come near to your car and point the camera..... they usually will back out laugh.gif
Ip Man said:- "Its not about winning, its all about learning to respect each other." So what if you have a faster car??

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear

bro, check http://video.vigidrive.com/videos.php
I think this is the correct link to the videos recorded using this model from vigi.
Looks good for the night and day shot for the new model.
In fact my company just complained to SMRT about a taxi driver whose behaviour will make anyone angry when you watched it. Sent the video to SMRT and demanded an apology from them. That driver really wanted to create an accident mad.gif
The video was made using the older model. Although much cheaper, the video which was recorded at night, was quite clear. Managed to catch the taxi number plate when we paused the video.

Wow,great,can show the vid here?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

Thanks for sharing this great cam. Do u notice any lapse between recording for DRS1100PRO. Am thinking of getting it too. Please advice. TIA

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

It is a spare camera for me. Front already have, rather than keeping it in the storeroom, put it in the back lor. Just in case someone wana tailgate me in a threatening way, also got evidence when submit to TP. biggrin.gif

I went back to check and my setting of 15mins segment created the video file size 700+mb. I am unable to load such a huge video file here for you guys to see. I will change the setting to 5mins segment and see the video file size and try to load it to youtube.

Btw, I checked, there is a time lapse of 5sec creating each video file for this HD car camera. But my more expensive DRS1100PRO does not have any time lapse between files at all.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

hi friends, gotta remember above $400 need to pay gst.
since free shipping might as well order individually

Errrmmmmmmmm..............its under-declared when it was sent to me and inicated as gift. lipsrsealed.gif

The declared amt was US$60+ only. lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

It is a spare camera for me. Front already have, rather than keeping it in the storeroom, put it in the back lor. Just in case someone wana tailgate me in a threatening way, also got evidence when submit to TP. biggrin.gif

I went back to check and my setting of 15mins segment created the video file size 700+mb. I am unable to load such a huge video file here for you guys to see. I will change the setting to 5mins segment and see the video file size and try to load it to youtube.

Btw, I checked, there is a time lapse of 5sec creating each video file for this HD car camera. But my more expensive DRS1100PRO does not have any time lapse between files at all.

great! thanks, I will order the DRS1100 pro today than. tired of searching.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear

The price is now $350 or $388 huh?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged

piangz, your screening is a invite only or pay per view?
your friend hair stand? I think the screening better than prawn. LOLz

To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

The price is now $350 or $388 huh?

contacted a Korean company before this was posted, one month ago, was quoted $350 with 1 year warranty and 4gb memory card.

They have an agent in Singapore, called him just now to confirm the price again, will be picking up this Sunday, no installation. need to do myself.

anyone interested, let me know I check with him on the price, as initially he quoted me $380 i said too ex, so he gave me special discount. not sure if it is for only 1 set.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

great! thanks, I will order the DRS1100 pro today than. tired of searching.

From here.

Selectable Recording Resolution Modes - 320x240, 640x240, 640x480 VGA up to 30 ips, 1280x960 up to 8 ips

Wouldn't it be slightly laggy when recording in high res?

And does it come with a monitor to see what we are recording?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

contacted a Korean company before this was posted, one month ago, was quoted $350 with 1 year warranty and 4gb memory card.

They have an agent in Singapore, called him just now to confirm the price again, will be picking up this Sunday, no installation. need to do myself.

anyone interested, let me know I check with him on the price, as initially he quoted me $380 i said too ex, so he gave me special discount. not sure if it is for only 1 set.

I'm still torn between the original one mentioned in the beginning of this thread, or this one.

But this one has the problem I mentioned above. only 8fps at high res recording. And seems like to screen to see where we are recording.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

From here.

Selectable Recording Resolution Modes - 320x240, 640x240, 640x480 VGA up to 30 ips, 1280x960 up to 8 ips

Wouldn't it be slightly laggy when recording in high res?

And does it come with a monitor to see what we are recording?

Yes, at higher resolution, video will be slightly laggy as I mentioned before.

No monitor attached to the camera, so have to trial and error to position the camera.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

piangz, your screening is a invite only or pay per view?
your friend hair stand? I think the screening better than prawn. LOLz

Currently private screening only. No videos available online yet.

After case close, will be public viewing on youtube. biggrin.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Garmin GBC 30

Garmin GBC 30  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JohnnyFannyginaHead  |  Neutral Newbie

The awesome dashcam!

I got this GBC 30 along with the GDR 30, since the salesman had recommended that this 2 works well. It did by the way. Installation on the front and the back of my car was really simple, and setting up the settings were even easier. It was al... » Read More

IROAD V7

IROAD V7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by nicolasphua  |  Neutral Newbie

Review of the iRoad V7 2-channel car camera

[B][U]IROAD V7 full unboxing and review on the exterior design of the device[/U][/B] My first look of the front and rear camera was that it was futuristic and compact. I have experience with another brand of camera and I have to say the de... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Video Recorder

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)