• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6428 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes, at higher resolution, video will be slightly laggy as I mentioned before.

No monitor attached to the camera, so have to trial and error to position the camera.

Oh, you mentioned it before? Sorry, must have missed it.

So which model do u use in your front? N how much does it cost?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

From here.

Selectable Recording Resolution Modes - 320x240, 640x240, 640x480 VGA up to 30 ips, 1280x960 up to 8 ips

Wouldn't it be slightly laggy when recording in high res?

And does it come with a monitor to see what we are recording?

I am more concern in the lapse in recording which the first model has. If highest recording can only do 8ips than maybe just set it to the second best resolution?

To me it beats missing critical moments if there is a lapse.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

I am more concern in the lapse in recording which the first model has. If highest recording can only do 8ips than maybe just set it to the second best resolution?

To me it beats missing critical moments if there is a lapse.

Ah, I see what you mean.

So have you shortlisted anyone yet?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

Ah, I see what you mean.

So have you shortlisted anyone yet?

getting the DRS1100PRO. should be picking up this sunday or monday, the agent went oversea.

been thinking for a month, think better get it before its too late, touch wood..... too tired to source, anyways its only these few products in the market after so much google in the net.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Smartboy4
  • Smartboy4
    Clutched

Btw, I checked, there is a time lapse of 5sec creating each video file for this HD car camera. But my more expensive DRS1100PRO does not have any time lapse between files at all.

so it's true .. 5 sec is quite a lot leh sweatdrop.gif
if not for this, i didnt have to consider about getting it liao. everything else it has is all i need

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    6th Gear

contacted a Korean company before this was posted, one month ago, was quoted $350 with 1 year warranty and 4gb memory card.

They have an agent in Singapore, called him just now to confirm the price again, will be picking up this Sunday, no installation. need to do myself.

anyone interested, let me know I check with him on the price, as initially he quoted me $380 i said too ex, so he gave me special discount. not sure if it is for only 1 set.

bro,
how much you paying for the DRS1100?

I contacted Two suppliers in singapore.
S$388 per set.
Lowest is S$376 for minimum 2 sets.....seems like both suppliers are in-cahoot...both same answers

1 of them no stock...must wait for 2 weeks

Edited by Mcf777, 09 June 2010 - 01:24 PM.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

getting the DRS1100PRO. should be picking up this sunday or monday, the agent went oversea.

been thinking for a month, think better get it before its too late, touch wood..... too tired to source, anyways its only these few products in the market after so much google in the net.

Can PM me the name and contact number of the agent?

I'm thinking of getting it too.

TIA. wink.gif

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

bro,

S$388 per set.
Lowest is S$376 for minimum 2 sets.....seems like both suppliers are in-cahoot...both same answers

$350 for 1 with 4gb card

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

sorry guys, i just called the agent. He say $350 is for me only.. usually price is $399.

I told him a few ppl are interested. why cant he sell at that price? he say this is distributor's price, he gave me this price because he wanted me to promote for him.

So i said yes i did and now u got more potential buyers but at $399 they wont buy.

end of the story is, i am meeting him this sunday to pick up. Will talk to him again as he is oversea now.

Sorry for the excitement on the pricing, i didnt know too until just now its a one time only deal...... I believe $350 can be done...

Why don u guys, interested ones, give me a total qty than i can talk to him or someone here can follow me down on the day of my pick up to negotiate direct. WIth total order qty, i think he will give the price... i should be picking up at the east side.

I must stress i don earn a single cent from this thing.... please don misunderstand.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Smartmax85
  • Smartmax85
    2nd Gear

hi bro i am interested also, can pm me your contact as well thanks. =)

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Wrc206
  • Wrc206
    4th Gear

bro,

S$388 per set.

Bro can share your contact? I ordered 2 pcs and he not even willing to give a single cent discount.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear

sorry guys, i just called the agent. He say $350 is for me only.. usually price is $399.

I told him a few ppl are interested. why cant he sell at that price? he say this is distributor's price, he gave me this price because he wanted me to promote for him.

So i said yes i did and now u got more potential buyers but at $399 they wont buy.

end of the story is, i am meeting him this sunday to pick up. Will talk to him again as he is oversea now.

Sorry for the excitement on the pricing, i didnt know too until just now its a one time only deal...... I believe $350 can be done...

Why don u guys, interested ones, give me a total qty than i can talk to him or someone here can follow me down on the day of my pick up to negotiate direct. WIth total order qty, i think he will give the price... i should be picking up at the east side.

I must stress i don earn a single cent from this thing.... please don misunderstand.

Do help us speak to him on our behalf, bro.

Let him know if he dun agree to give us discounted price as well, then it will be negative publicity for him liao. laugh.gif

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear

Here's my DRS1100pro installed in the car, good size to make it unnoticeable from outside.
I ran the long cable in the roof liner at the windscreen, down A-pillar on right, across dash to left, into glovebox, in side of central panel and finally into cigarette lighter.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Gerrick74
  • Gerrick74
    Neutral Newbie

Anyone interested in the below can sms me at 9188-6447 for further discussion/viewing. Thanks.

1. Vehicle DVR (economical)

http://www.flickr.co...N06/4679493824/

Features:
IR day and night vision for recording, LED auto light up at night
Cycled recording and video with time display
Motion Detector
Recording automatically after power up
Used SD/MMC Card from 256MB to 32GB

Come with Accessories:
Manual (English)
Li-ion Rechargable Battery
USB Cable
12V/24V Car Charger
Windscreen Mount
AV Cable
Kingston SD Card 8GB

Technical Specs:
Recording Resolution: 640x480 pixels
Recording file in AVI format, playable on windows media player
Repeat storage by section
Power Source: Li-ion rechargable battery, or 12V/24V Car charger
Support SD/MMC card (from 256MB up to 32GB)
Microphone: can record sound
Motion Detector

Promotional Price: $180

1. HD DVR (Mid-range)

http://www.flickr.co...N06/4678858859/

Features:
High Defintion DVR for recording
Video Recorder / Camera
Cycled recording
Motion Detector
Used SD/MMC Card from 1GB to 64GB

Come with Accessories:
Manual (English)
USB Cable
12V/24V Car Charger
Windscreen Mount
Kingston SD Card 8GB

Technical Specs:
Recording Resolution: Selectable 1280x720 / 848x480 / 640x480 pixels
Audio: Select On or Off
Motion Detect: Select On or Off
FPS: Select 10FPS/20FPS/30FPS
Date/time Setting
Preview on HD TV with HDMI link
Interface: HDMI & USB2.0

Promotional Price: $330

Attached Thumbnails

• HD_DVR.jpg
  • Vehicle_DVR.jpg

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Here is the video sample of the HD car camera from my way home today :

Good news, I checked and it comes with motion sensor. The video segments can be selected in 2, 5 and 15mins file size.

Only no good is the 5sec lapse in between video files created.

Check out the quality of the video. I muted the audio. biggrin.gif

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

1. HD DVR (Mid-range)

http://www.flickr.co...N06/4678858859/

Features:
High Defintion DVR for recording
Video Recorder / Camera
Cycled recording
Motion Detector
Used SD/MMC Card from 1GB to 64GB

Come with Accessories:
Manual (English)
USB Cable
12V/24V Car Charger
Windscreen Mount
Kingston SD Card 8GB

Technical Specs:
Recording Resolution: Selectable 1280x720 / 848x480 / 640x480 pixels
Audio: Select On or Off
Motion Detect: Select On or Off
FPS: Select 10FPS/20FPS/30FPS
Date/time Setting
Preview on HD TV with HDMI link
Interface: HDMI & USB2.0

Promotional Price: $330

Check out the above link I gave, only S$212 for the same item w/o any SD card.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

Coder
  • Coder
    2nd Gear

going to ShangHai this month, can help to bring max 4 set for member including 1 set for myself. i got the SH contact from supplier but yet to know the price.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear

Here's my DRS1100pro installed in the car, good size to make it unnoticeable from outside.
I ran the long cable in the roof liner at the windscreen, down A-pillar on right, across dash to left, into glovebox, in side of central panel and finally into cigarette lighter.

Bro,u did the installation urself? once plug it in,no need to set anything? will auto rec when engine start,and stop when engine off?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

Parkingidiot
  • Parkingidiot
    6th Gear

Here is the video sample of the HD car camera from my way home today :

Good news, I checked and it comes with motion sensor. The video segments can be selected in 2, 5 and 15mins file size.

Only no good is the 5sec lapse in between video files created.

Check out the quality of the video. I muted the audio. biggrin.gif

wow.. great quality video, man! Also impressive is the very wide angle of coverage. thumbsup.gif

And for extra effect the demister wiring looks like the crosshairs of a rifle scope or HUD... "Stay on target.. stay on target!!"
Visit http://carcameras.blogspot.com/ for HD Digital Camcorders for car use

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear

Do help us speak to him on our behalf, bro.

Let him know if he dun agree to give us discounted price as well, then it will be negative publicity for him liao. laugh.gif

i try la,bo promise. but with yrs and another bro ordering two, that will be three sets. If i am him i will give $350 laugh.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Thinkware FXD900 Car Black Box

Thinkware FXD900 Car Black Box  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Greyhound  |  Neutral Newbie

Thinkware FXD900

Had installed 3 other makes of car cam and found this to be the best. Nice-to-have features providing enhanced peace of mind. Only grouse is the parking mode. Initially, the parking mode surveillance could last overnight ( more than 12 hour... » Read More

Thinkware X300

Thinkware X300  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Bape85  |  Neutral Newbie

Reliable and easy to use

Gave up on blackvue and switched to this camera , works prefectly without any problems for the past few months , recommended to other users who are looking for a reliable camera ! LED in front looks cool too !

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Video Recorder

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users