In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

(edited)

thanks for the reply. The pause I am referring is, is there any few second delay when it auto loop when the memory card is full?

The delay you are talking about is the bottle neck of the SDHC memory since all flash memory take longer time to erase than read or write.

Edited by Wahlin
↡ Advertisement

here's a cool comparison video of the F500HD and HD720P. very well produced and objective video.

Both the cams have their plus points.. when in doubt, get both!!

Remember to read the detailed comments accompying the video

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

guys can take a look on comparison for the HD720P (the one at dealextreme) vs. F500HD

edit: oh someone posted above me [laugh]

like the guy said, both have its strengths. while wide angle can cover wider area at close range, it cant see far objects as clear as the normal angle one. (check out the other video : HD720P vs. F500HD cop gets cut off)

wahlin, where did you get your F500D from? got website where u purchased? u had a MO as well?

so as u say, it does not have any time lapse in between files.. ? can it auto start record when 12v power is supplied?

Edited by Smartboy4

MO for F500HD (if 10 units are ordered)

1. Eviltrap

2. 3dwin

3. HeartBreakKidZ

4. Maxoo

guys can take a look on comparison for the HD720P (the one at dealextreme) vs. F500HD

edit: oh someone posted above me [laugh]

like the guy said, both have its strengths. while wide angle can cover wider area at close range, it cant see far objects as clear as the normal angle one. (check out the other video : HD720P vs. F500HD cop gets cut off)

wahlin, where did you get your F500D from? got website where u purchased? u had a MO as well?

so as u say, it does not have any time lapse in between files.. ? can it auto start record when 12v power is supplied?

yeah.. also found the ebay link: Ebay Link for F500HD

They even have an optional wide angle lens !!

The price for the F500HD on ebay is: S$ 239.61 + +S$ 45.42 (S&H).

And the wide angle is: S$ 28.36 + +S$ 26.94 (S&H)

I am quite keen, esp if MO can reduce the price.

Bros, forget about the group buy... Check out this link, looks exactly the same. Great price, and free delivery somemore. I bought ala-carte from this website before to build my own car DVR. Good response.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products...2G-SD-Card.html

If you need to talk to someone, email Sara at [email protected] . She should know me by my nick...

Enjoy :)

(edited)

Regarding the DRS1100PRO, since it doesn't have a LCD screen, like to know how you position

this device and know that it was recording at the proper or correct area?

will check with the agent if the unit can be hook to the dvd hu of my car. will keep u posted.

Or if anyone knows if its is possible to hook up?

seeing the FD500 price and specs plus the video, tempting to change.... but can it be directly connected to the car for auto start and off?

Edited by Tom_kkh

will check with the agent if the unit can be hook to the dvd hu of my car. will keep u posted.

Or if anyone knows if its is possible to hook up?

seeing the FD500 price and specs plus the video, tempting to change.... but can it be directly connected to the car for auto start and off?

The DRS1100PRO cannot be hooked up to any external display as far as I know. You got to do trial n error when fixing it. Its a wide angle lens, so as long as ur location is near the rear view mirror, the coverage area will record the whole car bonnet.

Me also interested in the FD500HD but would prefer with wide angle lens and waiting for price drop. :D

Bros, forget about the group buy... Check out this link, looks exactly the same. Great price, and free delivery somemore. I bought ala-carte from this website before to build my own car DVR. Good response.

If you need to talk to someone, email Sara at [email protected] . She should know me by my nick...

ok.. this is by far the cheapest option yet. Thanks for the contact ... I'll email Sara and fing out if they also have the wide angle lens for the F500HD.

The DRS1100PRO cannot be hooked up to any external display as far as I know. You got to do trial n error when fixing it. Its a wide angle lens, so as long as ur location is near the rear view mirror, the coverage area will record the whole car bonnet.

Me also interested in the FD500HD but would prefer with wide angle lens and waiting for price drop. :D

Hi Adrian,

Care to share with us what's the advantage of FD500HD over DRS1100PRO? I'm also trying to decide between these 2 [laugh]

Tot you have 1 for ur rear? U getting the 3rd cam? kaa

Turbocharged

for those who speed, i think DSR1100PRO not suitable leh.

Since it records the speed that u are travelling.

Hi Adrian,

Care to share with us what's the advantage of FD500HD over DRS1100PRO? I'm also trying to decide between these 2 [laugh]

FD500HD is 1080iHD video quality + 60fps. :o

Not using it as car camera lah. Later idiots smash my window just for this fancy camera how??? Using it for home video of my r/c heli and boat. :D

DRS1100PRO and HD720 hides away discreetly from the dashboard when mounted.

(edited)

for those who speed, i think DSR1100PRO not suitable leh.

Since it records the speed that u are travelling.

Yes, it does record ur speed but does not display it on the video output. It display in the software application only. If you wana submit evidence, submit the video file only. But if TP ask for the RAW format then the game is up lor. :D

The GPS function shows ur exactly location on the google map(must connect to internet) and speed. If yoid not speed, then no problem have the GPS function.

Just to clarify, DRS1100PRO records all information in its own propeitary file format. So no editing of information. It is able to export the video recorded to AVI file format.

Edited by Adrianli

bro, contacted Sara. She replied pretty fast, and remembers you.

The camera does not come with mounting kit and car charger - but she gave some suggestions and prices.

What about you - what accessories did you get?

woo.. FD500 is indeed a good camera.

I guess that HD720 should do the job tho. Alternatively, what adrianli is using, DSR1100PRO. Adrian, without having it load to youtube, does it look very sharp and clear on the car plate number?

Still thinking if I should get it.

Allow me to summarise:

1. DRS1100PRO

- Make in Korea

- 1280 X 960 5fps

- GPS

- Wide angle 152 deg

- SDHC 4GB includsive

- SGD350+

2. HD720P

- Make in China

- 1280 X 720 30fps

- With LCD

- Variable fps (newer model only)

- Motion detect (newer model only)

- Wide angle 120 deg

- SGD200+

3. F500HD

- Make in Taiwan

- 1920 X 1080 30fps

- With LCD

- Wide angle len optional

- SGD150+

All above got auto start, auto stop, auto loop when memory full. Depanding on what you want. If you want GPS go with option 1, if you want wide angle and LCD go with option 2, if you want Full HD go with option 3.

The spec for option 2 (HD720P) especially the newer model looks really good.

woo.. FD500 is indeed a good camera.

I guess that HD720 should do the job tho. Alternatively, what adrianli is using, DSR1100PRO. Adrian, without having it load to youtube, does it look very sharp and clear on the car plate number?

Still thinking if I should get it.

Here is a sample video from DRS1100PRO :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh1VCvtacyo

Yes, I submitted video to Comfort Delgro already and standard reply that they counselled the taxi driver. Just keep it as a momento. :D

↡ Advertisement