• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic | 45 praises

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Blackwind
  • Blackwind
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://diamondwaterw...PID=12373396929

i was looking at the above website... looks good

anyone has tried or have links to better water filters..... thinking of getting a good one for my family smile.gif

any recommendations wave.gif

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

google hyflux.

Edited by Booboon, 07 June 2010 - 06:10 PM.

Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

google hyflux.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

anyone has tried or have links to better water filters..... thinking of getting a good one for my family smile.gif

I wrote about this before...
I have Diamond water filter system at home.
It depends what are your needs. If you have no health problems, don't bother to buy lah.
I bought bcz my son suffered constipation and go toilet only 7 days 1 time and each time rock come out if you know what I mean.
We tried Prunes, bananas, papaya and no choice occasional laxatives (which I think is real bad).
Finally we got a trial period on Diamond water and after drinking he got diarrhoea but after that got Hives (agent told us don't stop continue..) now bowels everyday... already 3 yrs using it.
Wife got eczema patch (20Cent coin) on forehead everyday dap with DW, and spray on it when outside, the patch healed.

Edited by Tigerwoods, 07 June 2010 - 06:52 PM.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Blackwind
  • Blackwind
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I wrote about this before...
I have Diamond water filter system at home.
It depends what are your needs. If you have no health problems, don't bother to buy lah.
I bought bcz my son suffered constipation and go toilet only 7 days 1 time and each time rock come out if you know what I mean.
We tried Prunes, bananas, papaya and no choice occasional laxatives (which I think is real bad).
Finally we got a trial period on Diamond water and after drinking he got diarrhoea but after that got Hives (agent told us don't stop continue..) now bowels everyday... already 3 yrs using it.
Wife got eczema patch (20Cent coin) on forehead everyday dap with DW, and spray on it when outside, the patch healed.

it seems like it really worked for your case

how is the aftersale service..... and maintenance? issit very troublesome? how abt installation?

sorry for asking too many qtns... but hope to get feedbacks from real users like you

thnx alot!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Blackwind
  • Blackwind
    4th Gear
    Author Image

google hyflux.

looks good... perhaps i'll go down and take a look at one of their outlets tomorrow

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how is the aftersale service..... and maintenance? issit very troublesome? how abt installation?

sorry for asking too many qtns... but hope to get feedbacks from real users like you

thnx alot!

once u hear abt e mnaintenance costs, cfm turn off wacko.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

not sure is which kind..

i ever saw demo of a filter that filter chlorine..wah power sia

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go JB Tesco and buy the cheap water filter.

What you need is simple types of filter:
1. Sediment
2. Carbon/chlorine
3. Bacteria/cryptosporidium/giardia

It doesn't need to cost a bomb.

Only the filters here seems to have "magic" and costs thousands of dollars.

Edited by Kb27, 07 June 2010 - 08:59 PM.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

Kspchew
  • Kspchew
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am using Hyflux's pitcher type water filter for coming 3 years, prior to that I am using Brita until the pitcher broke. Quality quality is quite good, be it for drinking or for my espresso machine

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1. Sediment
2. Carbon/chlorine

saw tis too at JB, tink its call "RO" water.............. idea.gif , they call it membrane rather than filter nod.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

1. Sediment
2. Carbon/chlorine

yeah i;ve got one of these. base cost 30 bucks, got one carbon canister and one filter canister. i know it works cos there's no tap water chlorine smell at all after filtration.

cheap and good enough grin.gif

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

saw tis too at JB, tink its call "RO" water.............. idea.gif , they call it membrane rather than filter nod.gif

Google for crypto and giardia. These are the commonly found water-borne parasite that cause diarhhoea, abdominal cramps and vomitting.

RO and very fine filters down to 1 micron will filter out these parasites.

But the final solution is still boiling your drinking water....however safe you think our tap water is.. biggrin.gif

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

Chewbacca
  • Chewbacca
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Eh, hehe. I've been drinking straight from the tap for quite a while.

Don't think it has affected me much...

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Google for crypto and giardia. These are the commonly found water-borne parasite that cause diarhhoea, abdominal cramps and vomitting.

RO and very fine filters down to 1 micron will filter out these parasites.

But the final solution is still boiling your drinking water....however safe you think our tap water is.. biggrin.gif

i think in the long run a water filter still saves on costs. boiling requires gas or electricity.

where i work, also not possible to have boiled water, unless i bring all the water i need for a few days out at sea from home. in any case, my water is filtered only, not boiled.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

google hyflux.

I'm quite impress with Hyflux water system taking the water from the Air... good for a Humid climate in SG.
Eventually its the cost/cup of water - is it near to Tap water or closer to Bottle distilled water ?

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thnx alot!

No problem...
There are 4 filter to change and 1 set last around 1.5yrs cost $500~600 I think. Thats the maintenance you need only.
Aftersales I donno but I don't get any complaints from my wife so I guess its OK.
Once you drink this water, tap water taste bad. We don't buy Bottled water outside for our kids and bring our water.
Now there are so many types of water like Akaline water (my P-I-L using) - It separate the Acidic Water from Akaline water so you need a pail to contain the Acidic water for washing but its troublesome as you have pails and pails of water (if you don't mop/wash floor everyday). and How to bathe with pails of cold water ?
I don't have a garden to use that water... so its not very practical.

I think you can consider the Hyflux system - which I like - take from Air and make water - Air Water Vapour is free laugh.gif Tap water cost $ too...

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm quite impress with Hyflux water system taking the water from the Air... good for a Humid climate in SG.
Eventually its the cost/cup of water - is it near to Tap water or closer to Bottle distilled water ?

I think that is the best solution.

Cannot get any cleaner water than water from the air.
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Genevieve
  • Genevieve
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi hi,

Hv u bought the water system for your family?

I would like to share my experience with you of my purchase from EVOPURE abt 6mths ago.. a minimal cost of $1 per day...

It is not a MLM Company which a lot of my friends thought so, and it is Made in Korea (a country whr the ppl r health conscious).

I bought the Alkaline AntiOxidant Water Filtration System for my family espeically for my mother in law, cos she was suffering from Joints Pains.. whenever she sits for 1/2hr or so, she will hv difficulty standing up, cos her knees will hurts.. and also partially for her health purpose too..

After drinking the water from the water system, the pain that she usuali feel in her knees reduced, I dun hear her go "aiyo aiyo" when she stands up.. ;p
And her recent medical report shows improvement as compared to the report done 6 mths ago..

If any of you are interested, can PM me, I can recommend my Sales Agent to you.. cos I find him very detailed and patience to ans all qns and doubts..

Wish you & your family healthy. =)

Edited by Genevieve, 23 January 2011 - 06:32 PM.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Nowadays the tap water very very poisonous!

When I add tap water to my fish tank....many of my gold fishes died overnight.
It happened over manY months. I tried those fish rot medicine, anti chlorine, etc, very expensive to buy as well.

Then one year ago I bought a water filter for family use.
Then I started to use the filtered water for my fish tank........Miraclelously....zero fish died with the filtered water!!

I cannot Imagine how much poison I have being drinking over these years!!! Slow poison!!!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users