Recommendation for water filter

Blackwind

i used before  ... when just started  , i was like having constipation , then kept drinking it and it got better and better  , but i din use long enough to actually feel the difference ,,, but those aunties in my previous workplace swears by it though . Anyway i din buy from her in the end and she stopped supplying and bring back home her sampling machine .It is expensive ... S$5000++ . i switched back to drinking normal boil water since she stopped supplying and strangely i kenna constipation again , had to eat papaya to normalise my system again.

anyone use Kangen Alkaline water ? Share your experience if you have tried it before.

↡ Advertisement

My wife continued with diamond water so for next 5 yrs no need to think. All these filters good or not, I also dunno.

filter-durability.png

At home I use Zerowater from amazon. It's pitcher and comes with a TDS meter. TDS= Total Dissolved Solids.

It doesn't have the uv light to kill water bacteria like some water dispenser. It's ok so far. It saves power compared to water dispenser only less convinient if you want instant hot/cold water.

• Praise 1

important to have glass or porcelain storage rather than plastic!..... after spending so much water on a dispenser....

Edited by Kangadrool

My wife continued with diamond water so for next 5 yrs no need to think. All these filters good or not, I also dunno.

Lol.

Dunno abt the water quality in HK. But if u pay for this stuff in singapore, u might as well give your money to me and let me tell you that all this water rubbish is well ... rubbish.

Lol.

Dunno abt the water quality in HK. But if u pay for this stuff in singapore, u might as well give your money to me and let me tell you that all this water rubbish is well ... rubbish.

No lah. They are not rubbish. They do filtering.

But if got spare money, don't give to Lala. Give here.

https://www.ccf.org.sg/donate_form.php

[laugh]

Filter is fine. The alkaline water part is really BS [:p]

Water is water. Your body needs water, just plain old water.

Water is H20, 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 atom of oxygen.

If you need alkaline or acid, add in yourself.

Baking soda for mild alkaline or bleach for strong alkaline.

Bleach kill 99% bacteria including the dreaded Ebola, so if you want alkali, this is it. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Lol.

To me, water quality in Sg sibeh tok kong.  My worry is the distribution network of water.  That's the only reason i had installed a simple water filter

To me, water quality in Sg sibeh tok kong.  My worry is the distribution network of water.  That's the only reason i had installed a simple water filter

yeah singapore the water distribution network is relatively new, and our buildings are not old.

In USA or other european cities with their pipe systems being possibly even >50 years old. I would be worried.

HDBs, 30 years they will change the water pipes already.

I use zerowater for drinking water.

My tap water is around 70 TDS.

After filtering, it's 0 TDS.

It does not kill bacteria.

However, I think it's adequate enough, after filtering through another carbon block filter.

I use zerowater for drinking water.

My tap water is around 70 TDS.

After filtering, it's 0 TDS.

It does not kill bacteria.

However, I think it's adequate enough, after filtering through another carbon block filter.

This is that pitcher on amazon.

But the accumulated reviews not very good. 3.5 stars.

This is that pitcher on amazon.

But the accumulated reviews not very good. 3.5 stars.

I bought 2 actually

https://www.amazon.com/ZeroWater-Dispenser-Meter-Dissolved-Solids/dp/B003QXM3U8/

It works as advertised.

However, the tricky part is putting the filter on.

The o-ring must be seated properly and tightened a fair bit.

If not, water seeps out, bypassing the filter, and thus people get more than 0 TDS and they complain.

The filter can be expensive depending on how you look at it.

For my case, it lasted about 3 months for a $15 filter.

When that filter is exhaused, > 6 TDS, the water will "stink" and give a weird taste.

So you need to replace it before it gets to that state.

It's main purpose is to remove heavy metal, if present, in the water supply.

However, it does not claim to remove micro-organism. You can optionally pre-filter it with another carbon block filter or boil it after.

http://www.zerowater.com/faqs.aspx

For me, I added a pre-filter for chloramine, hoping to extend its life.

• Praise 1

need advice on installing a water filter system. Saw a neighbour using watersource. Their feedback is costly filter replacements and waste of water (acid water) and need of electricity to operate.

I am looking for system which just provide clean water, clearing the chlorine, impurities for family consumption. Easily available, reasonably priced, installation filter. Electricity free, under the sink. Any recommendations?

For me, I boil my water instead to drink direct, so UV the water to kill bacteria not big concern.

My main concern is the filter system that stop harmful chemicals and impurities like chlorine and etc. Hyflux looks good but cost of filter seems high, about $600 for 3000 litres for alkaline water system and $ 390 for drinking water system. 

Can other brand users do a break down for filter cost maintenance? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement