Who should be next manager of Liverpool FC??

Damienic

Who should be next manager of Liverpool FC  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be next manager of Liverpool FC

• Roy Hodgson
    • Martin O Neil
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Louis Van Gaal
    • David Moyes
    • Mark Hughes
    • Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Kenny Dalglish
    • Others

(edited)

Lots of enthusiastic debate over at the other thread which I have decided to carry over to this thread to determine who in the mind of soccer fans is the most ideal manager to succeed Rafa Benitez at Liverpool FC assuming you are in the position to decide. I will just list down some of the managerial highs of each manager but not everything including their failures which would be too lengthy to write. We can discuss them in detail in subsequent postings.

Pls take your pick and discuss! For others, please do not select this option if your choices are managers who had zero or near zero probability of joining liverpool this season, such as SAF, Wenger, Ancelotti, Hiddink, Mourinho.

I have included Dalglish who is tasked with identifying the most suitable candidate but whom have been said to consider taking the job in the event that no suitable choices are available.

Candidates

Hodgson: Current reigning manager of the year in Barclays Premier League and who steered unfancied Fulham to a final appearance in UEFA cup final this year.

Martin O Neil: Aston Villa manager who have achieved consistent results for a club with tight budget and whom have achieved a domestic treble with Celtic in his first season at the club and an appearance in UEFA cup final in 2003.

Harry Redknapp: Took over when Spurs was in relegation zone and steered the club to champions league 4th spot in EPL within the first season.

Louis Van Gaal: Won the champions league and domestic league double with Ajax in 1995 and steered Bayern Munich to a domestic double and a final appearance in champions league this year

David Moyes: Secured champions league 4th spot in EPL for unfancied Everton in 2005 and consistently able to manage the team to a top 10 finish most of the time.

Mark Hughes: Steered unfancied Blackburn to 6th position in 2006 and consistently able to maintain a 7-8th finish with them in subsequent seasons

Sven Goran Erikkson: Won league titles with Benfica and Lazio. Coached England to qualification for 2002 world cup after taking over from Keegan when the team was in danger of missing out on qualification after certain poor results

Kenny Dalglish: Coached Liverpool to 3 league titles and 2 FA cup victories in 1986-1990 and steered Blackburn from lower division to the premier league in 1992 and winning the league title with them in 1995

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Martin O Neil or King Kenny

Actually Redknapp is not bad,but i scared he bought Owen,Keane,Crouch back..keke

BTW ManCity wana bid Torres making him richest player

Chelsea wana sign Benayoun..

wah Liverpool chui liaoz!!!

Edited by Freestylers09

(edited)

i would prefer Marcello Lippi. . .

he has expressed that he will step down as Italy Manager after WC2010. . .

and his CV is impressive. . . [rolleyes]

Source

Edited by Xtravagant

(edited)

i would prefer Marcello Lippi. . .

he has expressed that he will step down as Italy Manager after WC2010. . .

and his CV is impressive. . . [rolleyes]

I have thought of lippi but decide not to include him in this list as he once said

before that due to his inability in English language, he might not be suited to

take up a post in england. If I din rem wrongly, that was what he briefly said

that time when eng was looking for a manager and his name was mentioned

Edited by Damienic

Martin O Neil or King Kenny

Actually Redknapp is not bad,but i scared he bought Owen,Keane,Crouch back..keke

BTW ManCity wana bid Torres making him richest player

Chelsea wana sign Benayoun..

wah Liverpool chui liaoz!!!

city is unrealistic, always going for impossible targets. Why would torres join them??

Why you think redknapp would bring Owen to the club(I can understand why crouch and

keane was mentioned)?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Why SAF has zero possibility? He doesn't want or Liverpool doesn't want him?

If he wants to be the greatest manager, be the next Liverpool manager, win the league and his worst critics will be silenced. His salary should be performance-based, similar to what Owen is offered. Win the league and he'll get a big fat bonus, otherwise no pay at all.

Dare to take the challenge? come.

Dare not? then he is CHICKEN [sly]

Edited by Falcon1668

If he wants to be the greatest manager, be the next Liverpool manager, win the league and his worst critics will be silenced. His salary should be performance-based, similar to what Owen is offered. Win the league and he'll get a big fat bonus, otherwise no pay at all.

SAF not possible la...he alr said he will not retire until he win the record 19th crown at Man U...

WHAT ??? No Tohari Pajan ??? How can that be....he is so smart....everytime also get his tactic spot on...and can see all the EPL coaches weakness !!

Liverpool lost if New Paper gain.... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

should pick someone unknown and not so famous. u see those successful managers like SAF, Mourinho when they step out were some unknowns and build a name and legacy.

who knows, Steve Mcmanaman could be a good young manager like pep guardiola. steven ,mcmanaman is also very clever person.

should pick someone unknown and not so famous. u see those successful managers like SAF, Mourinho when they step out were some unknowns and build a name and legacy.

who knows, Steve Mcmanaman could be a good young manager like pep guardiola. steven ,mcmanaman is also very clever person.

Mcmanaman? but have nvr heard he might be taking up football management le...

McManaman is clever indeed ...... quietly tried to let his contract run out so he can free transfer to Real.

I vote for PN Sivaji

Sivaji? he got us relegated to the M-league 2nd division le.. [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

SAF not possible la...he alr said he will not retire until he win the record 19th crown at Man U...

In other words he CHICKEN la :D

switching to LFC would be the end of his glorious career. . . instead of becoming a legend at Old Trafford, he will be considered as a traitor instead. . .

who in the right mind would do that. . . it is as same saying Gerrard heading to Man U. . . [laugh] [laugh]

Macca?? i think he rather spent time with horse racing. . . [nod] [nod]

↡ Advertisement