Car Bizz car dealer

Ah_nam

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

this is a true experience that i got from selling a car.

Pls help to read the blog and make it popular.

Don't let there be another victim.

Help Needed. Pls read

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

another one of the countless horror stories heard about dealing with used car dealers. if this is indeed true then good effort bro thx for the heads up! these slimy acts should all be exposed!

Neutral Newbie

And all the while the dad is the one handling all the sales.

So i think if things happen he can just play dumb.. thats why this guy is prepared.

And what anger me most is that there's nothing we can do to him!!!

Neutral Newbie

No doubt the sole proprietor is liable but if he say he got no money to pay, you would have wasted the lawyer's fees. And if you are to sue him for bankruptcy, you would have to fork out more lawyer's fees.

This is a loophole in the system.

Neutral Newbie

This is definitely something our gahment should look into.

Although all these takes time, but i think by the time this happen, many ppl would already die..haha..

Look at property sector, after so many year then they start looking into the problem..i wonder when will things get done...

No doubt the sole proprietor is liable but if he say he got no money to pay, you would have wasted the lawyer's fees. And if you are to sue him for bankruptcy, you would have to fork out more lawyer's fees.

This is a loophole in the system.

thanx for sharing, really.

I am in process of selling my car to a dealer too. I made them go to the settlement centre with me, and I'll bring a cashier's order, to the bank.

thanx for sharing, really.

I am in process of selling my car to a dealer too. I made them go to the settlement centre with me, and I'll bring a cashier's order, to the bank.

dont release it to dealer till bank give green light!! cos the car belongs to the bank not u..... (if u still own bank $$$)

dont release it to dealer till bank give green light!! cos the car belongs to the bank not u..... (if u still own bank $$$)

yup; thats why I am holding back my own NRIC and even went to LTA to get the transfer pin on my own (only 5-10mis, very fast!).

Until it's cleared, i'm not giving them the pin :)

Neutral Newbie

Bro you're so much luckier than me..or rather smarter than me.

Should have consult more ppl even before selling my car.

I always tot i should be careful when buying a car, even when i selling my car i should be careful.. [crazy]

yup; thats why I am holding back my own NRIC and even went to LTA to get the transfer pin on my own (only 5-10mis, very fast!).

Until it's cleared, i'm not giving them the pin :)

Thx for sharing TS..the co. shd really be blacklisted. [rifle]

i just sold my old car to a dealer too, but i guess i was luckier than you cuz actually i didnt take any precaution too... [:/]

collected a $500 deposit on e day i signed the agreement with the SE, then when they get back to me with the outstanding loan amt, i drove my car down the following day to his shop, pretty established..wrote a cheque and also my car, car key & NRIC. as all these were done on the 29th April, they need to settle my outstanding loan amt by 30th April, else the amt will be incorrect.

i was ok to hand everything to the dealer becuz of the following :

1. the scale of biz is prety huge, they literally occuppied 4 units at ubi auto point

2. i tot as long as the vehicle still have an outstanding loan with the previous owner, the ownership can never be transferred? even with the NRIC?

this thread should really be passed ard for awareness and darn those unethical car dealers!!!! [smash][smash][smash]

Neutral Newbie

I think one should at least check the size of the company. But so long you took a deposit of $500 or $1000, then it shld be ok..

My friend also kanna from a dealer who refuse to give him back the $1000 when his loan is not approved. The case is only resolved when my friend post in his forum and the manager saw it..

Why must we consumer go through all this hassle?

Thx for sharing TS..the co. shd really be blacklisted. [rifle]

i just sold my old car to a dealer too, but i guess i was luckier than you cuz actually i didnt take any precaution too... [:/]

collected a $500 deposit on e day i signed the agreement with the SE, then when they get back to me with the outstanding loan amt, i drove my car down the following day to his shop, pretty established..wrote a cheque and also my car, car key & NRIC. as all these were done on the 29th April, they need to settle my outstanding loan amt by 30th April, else the amt will be incorrect.

i was ok to hand everything to the dealer becuz of the following :

1. the scale of biz is prety huge, they literally occuppied 4 units at ubi auto point

2. i tot as long as the vehicle still have an outstanding loan with the previous owner, the ownership can never be transferred? even with the NRIC?

this thread should really be passed ard for awareness and darn those unethical car dealers!!!! [smash][smash][smash]

Neutral Newbie

Sad to hear this new, normally all listed car dealer should be ok , unless for some playing pang.

Any way when hand over your car to dearler to simple all thing , add in this cross , may all outstanding car loan to be settle by a date , cancel of car insurance and the tranfer date of your car to the dealer name.

hope this help.Need more info of tranfer name may contact LTA of the tranfer info to dcar dealer .

Does reporting to CASE help? Bro sad to hear this happened to u.. I heard a couple of ppl kana b4 also..

There are just so many of these black sheeps in the second hand car market!

It pays to do some background check on the dealer and shop.

I bet his son is just a ghost-owner here. Anything goes wrong with the business, he has the least assets to be sued for.

Good work to TS!! [sunny]

↡ Advertisement