Car Bizz car dealer

Ah_nam

On behalf of the of a MCFcian.

"hi pal

I am trying to sell my car on sgcarmart also and I got a deal close to my asking

He claims himself to be mr lee

after meeting him, and a few days of him chasing my asking, i know he is called Sam

it wasnt until he asked me to write a cheque to his fren's company called Car Bizz that it rang a bell. To fish out more details I asked if the owner name is Abel (that one is carbiz from turf city) and he said, no it's kenny.

i insisted on meeting at my bank to do settlement which he also not willing to. that really sets off an alarm.

immediately I recalled your post.

I found your blog and yes, the numbers match perfectly. despite having paid the deposit for my other car, I will now forsake it. luckily the dealer I am buying from understands the situation (Meridian auto) and is willing to return my deposit.

thank you so much for the heads up! you've saved me many sleepless nights!!!

regards"

haha i just spoke to a friend today and he wants to get a 2nd hand car. I str away refer him to your blog. hopefully he'll be able to find some tips and feel safe getting a 2nd hand car :) and wont kena [knife]. thanks for your help TS.

↡ Advertisement

Thanx for sharing. Good karma for you.

I think car owners really need to exercise prudence; make the dealer/buyer go down to the settlement centre with you, with a cashier's order.

That's what I did when I sold my previous car. If they are sincere in buying your car, they will go with you.

It may make you sound like a real an*l person for details/making things difficult/Ku*i l*n or whatsoever, but it really safeguard your interest.

From my experience, the settlement centre will only accept a cashier's order; no cheques, cash, etc.

For those not in the know, a cashier's order is equivalent to cash. You need to use cash to purchase a cashier's order over the counter, and an admin fee is usually charged. Just make sure the details of the BANK (NOT THE DEALER) is written correctly on the order chit.

As for the transfer pin from LTA; my understanding is that LTA will issue you the transfer pin only if you have:

1) original NRIC

2) settlement receipt from the bank (if the car is under loan)

at least that's what I was told.

Of course, the easiest way out is to pass the dealer a cheque. But that really depends on your level of trust.

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

for the transfer PIN, u can get it so long there's an original IC.

But the transfer can only be done when the full settlement is done.

Thanks for the info.

Neutral Newbie

Sure bro.

Do hope your friend is more careful than me. If he need more help, feel free to contact me. As for getting a 2nd hand car, u can try my dealer. But same thing i tell everyone, price right, car ok, then buy..

All the best!

haha i just spoke to a friend today and he wants to get a 2nd hand car. I str away refer him to your blog. hopefully he'll be able to find some tips and feel safe getting a 2nd hand car :) and wont kena [knife]. thanks for your help TS.

Haha bro next time if i wan change car or sell car i will ask u go along with me.. Think u have good experience with this kind of 'jian shang' lol.. =P

you monitor this thread everyday to UP it?

everyday one of us should post here so that no need him to UPZ everyday haha. we also can clock post :P

write down my experience here also, sold my car to a dealer too a few months ago, delaer paid deposit of 500 to me. I asked when the car can be full settled and they say within 2 weeks. When 2 weeks closing, they called me again said their cash tied up somewhere and couldnt full settle for me. I actually had black and white that car must be settled within the time frame. But..didnt want to go through the hard way of taking back car, look for lawyers. SO trust them, every 2-3 days call to update status, all the while worried and keep thinking as my new car already here. The guy finally full settled the car 1 month later. And its not by the dealer, its because they managed to find a buyer for the car!!

Come to think of it, think most small scale dealers are doing it this way now, they grab your car, hold the settlement, try to sell, all the while without having to pay any money. 'WU BEN JIN YIN'! I checked around, those established ones will get temp loan from finance company to full settled your loan at a certain interest. Think threadstarter is unlucky like me, meet this kind of dealer.

For small players like us, we are stucked , die die have to sign sales agreement, even if the dealer play punk, we also LL dont want the hassle of looking for lawyers whatsoever.

Any experts here can list down a better solution to prevent future bros to become stuck like us?

write down my experience here also, sold my car to a dealer too a few months ago, delaer paid deposit of 500 to me. I asked when the car can be full settled and they say within 2 weeks. When 2 weeks closing, they called me again said their cash tied up somewhere and couldnt full settle for me. I actually had black and white that car must be settled within the time frame. But..didnt want to go through the hard way of taking back car, look for lawyers. SO trust them, every 2-3 days call to update status, all the while worried and keep thinking as my new car already here. The guy finally full settled the car 1 month later. And its not by the dealer, its because they managed to find a buyer for the car!!

Come to think of it, think most small scale dealers are doing it this way now, they grab your car, hold the settlement, try to sell, all the while without having to pay any money. 'WU BEN JIN YIN'! I checked around, those established ones will get temp loan from finance company to full settled your loan at a certain interest. Think threadstarter is unlucky like me, meet this kind of dealer.

For small players like us, we are stucked , die die have to sign sales agreement, even if the dealer play punk, we also LL dont want the hassle of looking for lawyers whatsoever.

Any experts here can list down a better solution to prevent future bros to become stuck like us?

i think the only way is full settlement on the spot... go with them to the bank..

i think the only way is full settlement on the spot... go with them to the bank..

NO dealer will do that, what happens if he prepares everything and you play him out?

↡ Advertisement