Existing Unichip Version Q users: Please look here

Theoldjaffa

Guys, for those who are already on Unichip Version Q, just to check:

where was the Unichip installed? In the engine bay or pulled into the car interior such as under the front passenger seat?

mine was installed in the engine bay behind the battery. wonder if the heat from the engine bay will kill off the unichip. for those who are familiar with the R18 engine, it will be on the right side of the engine beside the stock airbox.

do i need to relocate the piggyback into the car or leave it where it is now?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

never see before people install like that..better get tuner to check it back..as i heard unichip is sensitive item..

Neutral Newbie

mine was installed near to the ecu... and its at the front passenger side, under my carpet.

funny tat ur tuner installed in the engine bay where its so hot.

where was the Unichip installed? In the engine bay or pulled into the car interior such as under the front passenger seat?

mine was installed in the engine bay behind the battery. wonder if the heat from the engine bay will kill off the unichip. for those who are familiar with the R18 engine, it will be on the right side of the engine beside the stock airbox.

Mine is behind the glove compartment as my ECU is near there...

I saw my friend's Unichip is placed in the engine bay... He is driving a Stream... His tuner is Au*o Tech**c*...

(edited)

This is the first time I heard of this placement. In the Engine Bay? Harness not long enough so take short cut?

It should be in the glove compartment or below it beneath carpet.

Edited by Achtung

yup, my engine is the same as FD1 and RN6. seems like the ECU is located behind the battery.

harness is not long enough, thus its very near the ECU.

my tuner did tell me to go GT Autosound to relocate the ECU to the glove box as placing the ECU in the engine bay is not recommended.

i just wanted to ask around for opinions and this more or less has confirmed my doubts.

thanks all!

• Praise 1

My ECU is in engine bay beside Batt but the tuner extended all wires just to put the chip behind glovebox. Please do relocate as the heat from engine bay will kill it.

Behind the glove compartment in the car interior.

First time I heard it is installed in the engine bay.

Neutral Newbie

i drive a lancer ex and my ECU is also in my engine bay leh. my unichip was placed near to the ECU (i.e. in engine bay). haven't been giving me any problems though...hmmm...

Neutral Newbie

IMHO, putting the unichip in the cabin is safer (away from water and heat).

Mine was installed inside cabinet. Yes safer if not water or heat will spolit ur unichip.

Neutral Newbie

I think most will install near your ECU depending where your ECU is.

But you can go to another installer to pull it into cabin under the front passenger side carpart for a small fee.

Neutral Newbie

Depends on car type, Lancer Cs3 is inside car and my Sss is in engine bay. So far i Used for 3Yrs before change, everything is ok. Workshop i visit is C.h motors.