Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

Supersonic

Support Singapore made engine oil.

Fully synthetic at $39.90 for TWO 4-litre bottles.

Selling at NTUC Jems.

Interesting that it states recommended for moderate to severe service. Iirc, turtle bottle states '...light driving...'

Any 1 knows any workshop at Yishun that change oil n oil filter for 20$ ?

I have my own oil and oil filter. Thanks.

Any 1 knows any workshop at Yishun that change oil n oil filter for 20$ ?

I have my own oil and oil filter. Thanks.

i dunno about yishun, but i just came back from the caltex workshop at whitley road. got the advertisement  from gumtree,... $25  to change engine oil and filter ( bring your own). 

i too lazy to go buy filter so just ask if i use my own engine oil but use their filter so how much? that guy say  $25..hummm....okay ley.

anyway it is just a corner space manned by an old guy and young chap, no fancy hydraulic jack....he use the big hand crank type jack to lift my car to change filter. overall i find they are nice, the young guy after changing engine oil and filter also take out air filter to clean, check tire pressure, check battery charge and top up water/fluids etc. 

• Praise 2

Driving a 2 mth old Qashqai and still using mineral oil. Intending to change to synthetic oil. How do i know what type of oil is suitable?

Driving a 2 mth old Qashqai and still using mineral oil. Intending to change to synthetic oil. How do i know what type of oil is suitable?

You can read your owner's manual or google online.

Alternatively, 5W-40 confirm can use for any B&B car out there.

Turbocharged

Sale at Giant Turf City till 14 July. The Mobil 1 Gold is a very good deal. Just snapped up 3 bottles. Date of manufacture - June 2015

post-27974-0-44015100-1467989165_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-09487200-1467989178_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Mobil One "gold" 0W-40 is a little different from the 0W-40 in non gold bottle?  Some say the gold is smoother but when I compared last tum, all the description and info is sama sama.

I always ask this question.

Sale at Giant Turf City till 14 July. The Mobil 1 Gold is a very good deal. Just snapped up 3 bottles. Date of manufacture - June 2015

thanks bro! shall try this mobil 1 gold out.

Actually Giant special promotion are only slightly cheaper compared to mxtradings regular pricing, their Shell Helix Ultra regular prices cost only $50/5L while Mobil 0w40 $56/4L and Castrol Edge 0w40 $55/5L. So not much difference.

Anyway my car doesn't like thick 40 oil and i only go for 5w30. Since their price are reasonable, i usually buy all my oil, K&N oil filter, duragloss detergent/aquawax and my favorite Redline SI-1 injector cleaner together when servicing due. Save the effort from sourcing around, just buy all at once.

Pennzoil oil selling in Amazon very cheap..usd25 including shipping... If order 5 of that to make up 125 free international shipping

Any difference between the green cap mobile 1 and silver cap one?

Also the Castrol green cap and black bottle.

Anyone can shed some light? Thanks.

Pennzoil oil selling in Amazon very cheap..usd25 including shipping... If order 5 of that to make up 125 free international shipping

missed their liqui molys. also very cheap for their 5L.

too bad no shipping to SG already

yes am using that too. alittle rought for w30 but the w20 is more expensive

I think using the 'short of top end' oil (e.g. those $40 for 4 litre Shell helix Ultra from supermarket) but changing oil a bit more frequently, is probably better for the engine then putting the very best oil you can buy.

Supercharged

my previous car and current car use supermarket engine oil as soon as they are out of warranty.

combined supermarket engine oil mileage of the two cars is around 250,000km, so far so good.

• Praise 1

Yeap, I keep buying that, as long as it can ship.

Sometimes Amazon will not allow it to ship, then it reverts, ding dong, ding dong.

Other times, I'd buy the Shell from Giant Tampines, whenever they are on sale.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement