Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

Maybe giant should sell $70 and stated original price $54, then it will be genuine engine oil. Coz made in Germany.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

They may really receive such a letter one day and do a mass recall of all the shell oils they sell. Nothing is impossible

Giant selling fake Shell oil? You ok bro? One lawyer letter from Shell and I think Giant got to close down their tampines store to pay for damages...

SHELL is British-Dutch company. Not German.

https://www.shell.com/about-us/who-we-are.html

it is not a German comonay, but the oil made in Germany as stated on the bottle. Apple also not a China company but products made in china.

What ever made in German should be atas? Anyway hint of sarcasm on my previous post. Cheers...

Edited by Hachi

it is not a German comonay, but the oil made in Germany as stated on the bottle. Apple also not a China company but products made in china.

What ever made in German should be atas? Anyway hint of sarcasm on my previous post. Cheers...

Noted. My bad for misunderstanding your previous posts. Cheers!!
  • Praise 2

They may really receive such a letter one day and do a mass recall of all the shell oils they sell. Nothing is impossible

It's good to be skeptical sometimes, but we're talking about Giant, not xyz minimart in HDB void deck.

Sell cheap, people think fake. Sell expensive, people say profiteering. Companies do biz very tough...

• Praise 3

if really scare than you buy those atas oil and change for a peace of mind. others want to buy is still their choice, their money, people here are sharing lobang. if you think the oil is fake and you are worried. than i think you should end your comment here. let those interested be interested. 

• Praise 4

Hey, does anyone have an experience of using motor oil packed in ecoboxes? It has the same label as in cans... but what about the quality? Is it different in those boxes or the same?

I buy those boxes all the time. I buy Everest oil and so far so good. Can't tell a difference at all. But the price is smaller and less harm to the environment. Pure profit)

Here's their company's website - http://usglobalpetroleum.com/category/engine_oil

You can find the one for yourself.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 3

It's good to be skeptical sometimes, but we're talking about Giant, not xyz minimart in HDB void deck.

Sell cheap, people think fake. Sell expensive, people say profiteering. Companies do biz very tough...

I attended  a talk organsied by MCF at a tyre shop cum servicing workshop at Lok Yang many years back. Even the presenter said there is no way they can control the source of the engine oil. Shell engine oil can come from S’pore, M’sia, Hong Kong.

Some source may be more riskier as the bottle may contain recycled oil, which looks similar to brand new oil It depends on the workshop manager’s honesty.

Many car distributors like Kah Motors, Komoco, Cycle & Carriage also use Shell engine oil. There is no way car owners can verify the source of the oil which come in drums. Even VW can rig emission levels – what level of honesty can you expect from big established companies?

• Praise 2

Alternate brands are available for peace of mind

I attended  a talk organsied by MCF at a tyre shop cum servicing workshop at Lok Yang many years back. Even the presenter said there is no way they can control the source of the engine oil. Shell engine oil can come from S’pore, M’sia, Hong Kong.

Some source may be more riskier as the bottle may contain recycled oil, which looks similar to brand new oil It depends on the workshop manager’s honesty.

Many car distributors like Kah Motors, Komoco, Cycle & Carriage also use Shell engine oil. There is no way car owners can verify the source of the oil which come in drums. Even VW can rig emission levels – what level of honesty can you expect from big established companies?

Hi.my engine oil and emmision control lamp indicator is on when i want turn in the ignition key. And my car cant start. I need to wait a while den my car can start. Also my radio and ckock setting will reset. Can i know the problem if my car. What i need to do.

• Praise 1

I m shell EO user from their HU0W40 and now running on their new HU ECT C2/C3 this oil never disappoint me and from what I know all shell EO use in Singapore is mainly from hong kong. those sell at giant is from PI and from shell company

Likely battery gonna kaput or Battery terminal contact loose

Hi.my engine oil and emmision control lamp indicator is on when i want turn in the ignition key. And my car cant start. I need to wait a while den my car can start. Also my radio and ckock setting will reset. Can i know the problem if my car. What i need to do.

Shell back on offer at Giant at 29.90

i just came back from Tampines giant. the price is $39.90 and the offer for this is until 28 Feb. Where you get the $29.90 price?

post-38466-0-88495500-1519106660_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement