Encounters with tyre shop

Hungee

Neutral Newbie

seriously... sometimes i dunno what service you guys are expecting from tires shop....

too many questions to ask izzt but no one entertain you??

even if the sale person tell u, will u belive him or just think its sales talk??

do your own research online or ask frens for feedback, get what you need and leave..

always and forever complaining about the AMK shop.. i think people who complain are people who dunno what they wan and just keep staying there trying to ask qns but cant get much attention..

then other customers who come later and know what they wan sort of "cut Q "and people are not happy...

want stuff cheap, dun expect service...

tired of waiting and want competitive prices, go opposite the shops at the AMK shop lor... prices cant defer much...

↡ Advertisement

:blink: how come tyre shop owners coming in here to debate...best just read and let it be...

getting involved not gona help u much

i also say...not sure why they get so hot [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

After working in the retail industry for a couple of years, the magic "bite" for the shops are to create "wants". That means pushing things you might not need.

So far, in Ubi area, I find Kenda and AL to provide good services, haven't had the chance to try others. [:p]

i noe pandan there got a pretty good shop... my dad always change there... forgot the name.... hmmmm

Pandan Road "Yu Huat or renamed to YHI".

Pandan Loop and Pandan crescent too have couple of tyre shops around. Don't remember their shop name.

Neutral Newbie

seriously... sometimes i dunno what service you guys are expecting from tires shop....

too many questions to ask izzt but no one entertain you??

even if the sale person tell u, will u belive him or just think its sales talk??

do your own research online or ask frens for feedback, get what you need and leave..

always and forever complaining about the AMK shop.. i think people who complain are people who dunno what they wan and just keep staying there trying to ask qns but cant get much attention..

then other customers who come later and know what they wan sort of "cut Q "and people are not happy...

want stuff cheap, dun expect service...

tired of waiting and want competitive prices, go opposite the shops at the AMK shop lor... prices cant defer much...

Dun really understand what you talk leh. What ask many qn no one answer etc. I only registered one pt you say want cheap dun expect service. So if the shop offers cheapest, we have to kowtau to them instead ? Here I guess we all are rationale people, some feels good with certain shops some don't. So to each of it's own. AMK shop got some complained abt alignment gone after changing rims etc, but I went back to them to trade-in my 16" to 17" as he offered the best price I've researched (oh yes, I do research) so far.

Here in forum I find it's a good platform (at least) for me to do my research, but with a pinch of salt. Thus my sharing hopefully can contribute to the knowlegde-base for others to research. Believe it or not is up to inidividual liao.

Go try the mentioned tyre shop lor if in doubt, the one near to entrance. Nothing beats experiencing it 1st hand ! Cheers :wub:

After working in the retail industry for a couple of years, the magic "bite" for the shops are to create "wants". That means pushing things you might not need.

So far, in Ubi area, I find Kenda and AL to provide good services, haven't had the chance to try others. [:p]

Just to quote myself.

Now I feel like s--t whenever I look at my friend's ride with 16" Enkei Tuning T-Fork rims...

Time to satisfy some inner desire...

Salesman has finally succumbed to another salesman. [:p]

Have tried tyrepac previously, quite some time ago.

Price is cheap but service not so good ...

I did not went back even when they offered free alignment, Nitrogen gas top up etc ...

Once bitten twice shy

:blink: how come tyre shop owners coming in here to debate...best just read and let it be...

getting involved not gona help u much

it will only make matters worse.

Cheap price, how to offer good service probably only Santa has the capacity to offer free goods and delivery right up to your chimmey or rather doorsteps

i've tried goin to many of the famous shops recomended by forumers to check on their pricing & service levels, end up at one of the 3 storey high shop at Bendemeer Rd... Found their salesguy knowledge on rims & tyres is quite rich best of all willing to accept when u neg price with him. As usual cold pkt drink is served by lady boss & they offer foc nitrogen top-up for ur entire tyre lifespan.

Neutral Newbie

Cheap price, how to offer good service probably only Santa has the capacity to offer free goods and delivery right up to your chimmey or rather doorsteps

haha.. nice lol

cheap price with acceptable services still ok la, dont demand too much guys.

Neutral Newbie

When u buy is good cos they will act. Once u bought n it comes to warranty, they will siam like sprinters with all sorts of chicken n cows stories. Avoid arrow at all cost. My case is amaron battery warranty case. Take care bros and good luck to arrow.

When u buy is good cos they will act. Once u bought n it comes to warranty, they will siam like sprinters with all sorts of chicken n cows stories. Avoid arrow at all cost. My case is amaron battery warranty case. Take care bros and good luck to arrow.

elaborate more

First Centre ground floor has 2 tyres shops (at 2 extreme corners)

Personally I have patronized both and wish to share my experience.

I change 4 x CSC5 with the first shop visited by ts after severe negotiation. The plump guy tending the operation seems to be able to control the price negotiation very well as he offer me $950 for 4 pcs which I rejected. Afterwhich he asked if I opened to OEM which is cheaper at $880 for 4. I rejected as well. Then he asked what is my budget, I mentioned $850 (2 years back). He make a few calls and after that he came back and say his boss okie. As I have committed to the negotiation, I am obliged to change.

2 weeks later, while driving through Woodlands Customs, I lost concentration and hit one of my tyres at the kerb and the tyre suffered a deep slash. Changed spare and drove down the First centre. Went back to the same shop and they quoted me $235 for one pcs. Not willing to give in, since I already got spare tyre holding, I drove a couple of metre and went to Arrow Tyres, A gentleman looked at my tyre and told me non repairable, change to same tyre for $185. This is when I know I have been chopped.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

First Centre ground floor has 2 tyres shops (at 2 extreme corners)

Personally I have patronized both and wish to share my experience.

I change 4 x CSC5 with the first shop visited by ts after severe negotiation. The plump guy tending the operation seems to be able to control the price negotiation very well as he offer me $950 for 4 pcs which I rejected. Afterwhich he asked if I opened to OEM which is cheaper at $880 for 4. I rejected as well. Then he asked what is my budget, I mentioned $850 (2 years back). He make a few calls and after that he came back and say his boss okie. As I have committed to the negotiation, I am obliged to change.

2 weeks later, while driving through Woodlands Customs, I lost concentration and hit one of my tyres at the kerb and the tyre suffered a deep slash. Changed spare and drove down the First centre. Went back to the same shop and they quoted me $235 for one pcs. Not willing to give in, since I already got spare tyre holding, I drove a couple of metre and went to Arrow Tyres, A gentleman looked at my tyre and told me non repairable, change to same tyre for $185. This is when I know I have been chopped.

Maybe the first shop also get the tyre from Arrow Tyres...haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2