Accidents across the causeway!

PaiKia-Lee

Sad to hear that such a young life was wasted in such a tragic way

Car rental companies in Bolehland should put a condition that rental should be done to adults with at least 4 years of experience or something like that even though they may be 21 and considers adults and excess might be high enuff already

Driving on NS highway has its own set of unwritten rules that even some of the locals also don't know

Cars can be on lane 1 with some hitting 150km/h and considered normal

Anyone 'road hogs' in lane 1 at 130km/h will get flashed and they will drive like so close to your bumper flashing away and they want you immediately off lane 1 and even if lane 2 is packed - they don't care -Balls can drop one !!

Some are shitty Kanchils which I wonder how can go to like 160km/h .... Like any moment the car is going to fly off

The courteous ones would indicate the right signal if they want you to give way

• Praise 6

RIP

Yong Peng Pagoh stretch is supposedly haunted, apparently many unexplained accident, presumably just lost control (google and you will find). Northwards, its the stretch just before Pagoh exit, between 120-145km.

Heard from Malaysian friends, even the Police were not keen to do a speed trap there (station under the bridge).

If you notice, its one of a few stretches of NS highway where road surface reflectors were install on some parts.

Be extra careful, do not speed excessively, respect the place.

Another possibility is the long distance (with corner/hills) between exit (think around 40km) and with no R&R - driver fatigue.

RIP

Yong Peng Pagoh stretch is supposedly haunted, apparently many unexplained accident, presumably just lost control (google and you will find). Northwards, its the stretch just before Pagoh exit, between 120-145km.

Heard from Malaysian friends, even the Police were not keen to do a speed trap there (station under the bridge).

If you notice, its one of a few stretches of NS highway where road surface reflectors were install on some parts.

Another possibility is the long distance (with corner/hills) between exit (think around 40km) and with no R&R - driver fatigue.

Awww

I wasn't aware of this

The 125km mark cuts through some hills, with no space on either side for the Police to hide to set up speed cameras.

I normally push quite hard during this stretch to blow off some carbon.

A nice straight section with a slight slope. Good to rev up high.

I guess I need to be extra careful.

I'm not sure if ghosts come out so early at 5.30pm.

Need to ask @RadX to confirm.

RIP

• Praise 1

I have rented cars in Malaysia many times and from reputable companies. My advise - if the car is an old car, most of the times the brakes are not effective enough. Always try to rent newer cars and most important is to test the brake effectiveness if you intend to speed on the highway. If the brakes are not effective, do not speed and prepare longer braking distance.

• Praise 1

probably use oil to lubricate their brakes. :XD:

I rented a Proton in Langkawi. First time braking, I thought I was trying to "e-brake" a VLCC oil tanker in the deep blue sea.

I have rented cars in Malaysia many times and from reputable companies. My advise - if the car is an old car, most of the times the brakes are not effective enough. Always try to rent newer cars and most important is to test the brake effectiveness if you intend to speed on the highway. If the brakes are not effective, do not speed and prepare longer braking distance.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Ever hit 180 for like 5 seconds in a lancer cvt 1.6l before.

The sound of the engine and wind is deafening.

Car like floating on the road.

Once is enough......scary to the max.

Sometimes I wonder how those puny Kanchils can hit such high speeds - modified or what ?? Even the sound of the wind near my windows makes me scared already

I will drive within the speed limit with ample buffer for rental car.

The car is not well-maintained to a large extent.

• Praise 2

Sometimes I wonder how those puny Kanchils can hit such high speeds - modified or what ?? Even the sound of the wind near my windows makes me scared already

I think cuz the cars are really light. Don't need much power to go fast.

Whenever some young punk die on the road, family and friend will come out and say "He is a safe driver.....". Seriously, are they really safe driver? Maybe when safe when driving in front of family. Dare devil when driving out alone.

Driving in Malaysia requires experience. I vividly remember my first trip up north, I read up a lot on car maintenance, cross wind, overtaking, road culture etc.... For a beginner driver, I believe he don't know what's cross wind and safe braking distance and how to safely apply brake at high speed. Anyway, accident happened... Lucky for his friend, there's still a restart button. For him, too bad and too late... RIP young boy..

• Praise 3

Most of those modded Peroduas throw in a 1.3L or 1.5L turbo engine. Makes for a very impressive power to weight ratio.

• Praise 2

Whenever some young punk die on the road, family and friend will come out and say "He is a safe driver.....". Seriously, are they really safe driver? Maybe when safe when driving in front of family. Dare devil when driving out alone.

Driving in Malaysia requires experience. I vividly remember my first trip up north, I read up a lot on car maintenance, cross wind, overtaking, road culture etc.... For a beginner driver, I believe he don't know what's cross wind and safe braking distance and how to safely apply brake at high speed. Anyway, accident happened... Lucky for his friend, there's still a restart button. For him, too bad and too late... RIP young boy..

Agree with you ; also last time the guy whom crashed his car VW i believe (i think he was in some kind of advertising biz) early morning his car mounted up on the Laguna Park exit on ECP ; someone said the same; He was travelling at break neck speed too and some one had recorded upto his car mounting the kerb and ....... rest is history  

Yes Malaysia you want to Stylo Milo drive must have balls of steel ; Their seasoned drivers know how to drive at break neck speeds and some might be already in Spirits form up there;  Even when you think you are driving at 130-140 km/h on Lane 1; some a**hole will come so close to your bumper and flashing lights intimidatingly and you try to move to Lane 2 which might be crowded too with not much distance to cross over and even if you do to drop yor speed from say 130 km/h to say 100 or 90 on the Lane 2 to avoid any collision with the car in front of you and also at the back of you; Have to be damn alert to be on Malaysia roads;  And this kind of stuff gets even scarier at night 'cos the speeders have lights modified to literally blind you from the distance and you want to move to lane 2 also lagi like blackout    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

And if the brake don't work

make sure the horn works

so can warn other drivers

:D

Had been driving for the past donkeys years in MY and every time I drove, I would be extra careful cos one never know what will be the road condition even for a few hours ago you had passed by it. Unforeseen items could had been left there by other and if one not careful, you will be sorry state. 

In Highways, anything can happen. Just like I arrived in Malacca, check in hotel and come down to Muar to buy some errant. Return to Malacca using the Highway and suddenly, there are large oil spill (diesel) on the road. A lot of cars including Malaysian car skidded. I had just passed by there 2 1/2 hours ago and thing happen.

Sad for the 21yrs old boy  :a-rip:   but careful driver on the road doesn't means he got that experiences when travelling oversea routes of another country. I believe that it was reported first time going to Malacca. 

Long distant driving doesn't only look at careful drivers or experience drivers. Even experience drivers have to do the following:

1.. Check the engine oil to ensure no leaking

2.  Check the radiator rubber hose to ensure that they are not harden. Harden rubber hose tend to crack after prolong driving (due to boiling water) and steam escaping causing low water in the radiator. If one not careful to check your indicator light on the dash board for the 'engine' logo. Your car will cease in the middle of highway or crack engine housing due to overheating of engine block & gasket leading to leaking engine oil 

3.  Checking of brake fluid 2 week before and just when you start the journey is a must. If the brake fluid reservoir lower then 2 weeks ago reading, then brakes got problem 

4.  Ensure that all brake pads are at least more then half available.

5.  Check tyres to ensure they are not bald. Must ensure that there are groves on the tyres of at least 3mm ~ 4mm thickness 

6.  Tyre pressure slightly lower than the recommended for good road holding although fuel consumption higher. But with travelling constantly at 90km/h, it break even or even getting a longer mileage than our city driving. 

7.  Sleep early and have a good rest. Before starts of the journey, take a cool bath, change fresh clothing (dirty & sticky clothing will cause you uncomfortable).

8.  Prepare some cool towels inside vehicle (cooler bag with ice pack) if you preparing not to stop along the journey. If not, at least plan one stop to rest and get refresh.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SERICE YOUR CAR 1 MONTH BEFORE DRIVING UP NORTH

Even if you plan to rent a car, one still need to do the above. Checks the rental car... :a-aggressive:

:ignoring:  :ignoring:  :ignoring:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6