Accidents across the causeway!

PaiKia-Lee

Agree with you ; also last time the guy whom crashed his car VW i believe (i think he was in some kind of advertising biz) early morning his car mounted up on the Laguna Park exit on ECP ; someone said the same; He was travelling at break neck speed too and some one had recorded upto his car mounting the kerb and ....... rest is history  

Yes Malaysia you want to Stylo Milo drive must have balls of steel ; Their seasoned drivers know how to drive at break neck speeds and some might be already in Spirits form up there;  Even when you think you are driving at 130-140 km/h on Lane 1; some a**hole will come so close to your bumper and flashing lights intimidatingly and you try to move to Lane 2 which might be crowded too with not much distance to cross over and even if you do to drop yor speed from say 130 km/h to say 100 or 90 on the Lane 2 to avoid any collision with the car in front of you and also at the back of you; Have to be damn alert to be on Malaysia roads;  And this kind of stuff gets even scarier at night 'cos the speeders have lights modified to literally blind you from the distance and you want to move to lane 2 also lagi like blackout    

You should always keep a lookout when driving on the overtaking lane lei ... So what if you are travelling 130 - 150 km/h , if someone can come so close to your bumper , then you are hogging and you should have moved to the slower lane ages ago .

That's why Singapore cars are so unpopular on NSHW , cos alot of the singapore drivers thinks that its not their fault that they cannot shift to slower lane cos there is no gap , they should be alert enough to notice that there is a fast moving car coming behind them .   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

You should always keep a lookout when driving on the overtaking lane lei ... So what if you are travelling 130 - 150 km/h , if someone can come so close to your bumper , then you are hogging and you should have moved to the slower lane ages ago .

That's why Singapore cars are so unpopular on NSHW , cos alot of the singapore drivers thinks that its not their fault that they cannot shift to slower lane cos there is no gap , they should be alert enough to notice that there is a fast moving car coming behind them .

Problem is that the slower lanes or if there is just only 2 lanes and the slower ones with trucks and slow vehicles are doing only like 90km/hr and all the 1st lane ones are doing like average 120/130km/h and suddenly many of this high speeders come in want to potong thru at 150++ kmh , so all on Lane 1 have to give way one by one to the Speeder and make no mistake about it - they are so intimidating that they want you out of lane 1 immediately pronto- good drivers will use right signal light to indicate and have patience a little bit more -I've been driving for over 35 years now even before the NS highway was even coined and back then the only exciting highway was the KL-Seremban highway which was the only Shiok ! Highway back then , I'm lucky to be alive still

Driving on the NSH is also being aware of the kind of vehicle you are driving and its handling. You may not be speeding in your MPV, but what if the car from another lane suddenly swerves to your lane (you might be in his blind spot), which is what happened here.

post-27974-0-64261100-1479995975_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Problem is that the slower lanes or if there is just only 2 lanes and the slower ones with trucks and slow vehicles are doing only like 90km/hr and all the 1st lane ones are doing like average 120/130km/h and suddenly many of this high speeders come in want to potong thru at 150++ kmh , so all on Lane 1 have to give way one by one to the Speeder and make no mistake about it - they are so intimidating that they want you out of lane 1 immediately pronto- good drivers will use right signal light to indicate and have patience a little bit more -I've been driving for over 35 years now even before the NS highway was even coined and back then the only exciting highway was the KL-Seremban highway which was the only Shiok ! Highway back then , I'm lucky to be alive still

A few years ago, I was regularly doing 150~180 km/h on NSH.

Now I think back, it was a foolish thing to do.

At those kind of speed, any mistake is fatal.

Even when i am doing 150km/h, i will shift immediately when a speedster chionging towards me.

Regardless of number of years you have been driving (i know that saying i eat more salt than you eat rice), reflex and awareness is getting more importance on NSH.

Reflexes and awareness can be sharpened but not using car.

Driving on the NSH is also being aware of the kind of vehicle you are driving and its handling. You may not be speeding in your MPV, but what if the car from another lane suddenly swerves to your lane (you might be in his blind spot), which is what happened here.

someone bothered to use a drone to take that photo with out helping out??

yea agreed.. i saw a car flip from a small block of wood...   after that.. i dont dare liao.. stick to 110~120 all the time lane 2...   

oh.. and paying accumulated speeding fines of 1k+ myr helped make that decision too.. haha

accident can just happen anytime when its time to go   [sweatdrop]

6 family members die in car accident on the way to Perak for Qing Ming
Jastin Ahmad Aarmizi, M. Kumar and Justin Zack
Monday, Apr 3, 2017

post-1109-0-92785100-1491190095.png
KUALA KUBU BARU: "I don't want to live anymore, I don't want to live anymore."

Such was the heart-wrenching cries of a relative of the six people who were killed in a tragic accident on their way to Bidor, Perak, said to be for Qing Ming.

The six died after their MPV was crushed by a trailer along the North-South Expressway near the Tg Malim toll plaza. The trailer was driven by a man with a record for drug and eight road offences.

It is learnt that the six victims were from three generations in a family - Lam Wai Loon, 46, who was driving, his wife Wong Check Lee, 53, and their two sons Jie Yang, 19, and Jie Hong, 13, together with Wai Loon's father Leong Choy, 76, and brother Wai Keat, 35.

Distraught relatives and friends were seen at the mortuary of the Kuala Kubu Baru Hospital, where the bodies of the victims were sent.

An elderly woman, believed to be Wai Loon's mother, wailed after arriving at the mortuary at about 4.30pm yesterday, repeating the distressing phrase in Cantonese.

Journalists were not allowed into the mortuary while family members declined to be interviewed.

Earlier at about 2.50pm, an unidentified male relative was seen entering the mortuary accompanied by police.

It is learnt that he was supposed to meet the six victims at Bidor, but they did not show up.

He tried calling them to no avail, and was informed by another relative that they were involved in an accident.

The bodies of the deceased were later taken to Nirvana Memorial Centre at Sungai Besi for a bereavement service.

According to the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (operations) Mohd Sani Harul, it is believed that one of trailer's tyres burst, sending the vehicle careening into the family's car that was travelling in the same direction.

"It took us over an hour just to get the bodies out of the wreckage.

18110_1491183242.jpg

"We had to use special tools and a crane to retrieve the remains," he said.

Hulu Selangor OCPD Supt R. Su­­pra­­maniam said the trailer driver, who was not injured, has been detained under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act for reckless driving resulting in death.

While the driver's urine test came back negative, the police found out that he has a criminal record for drug offences.

Supt Supramaniam revealed that the driver was previously involved in two road accidents in the Kampar and Kuala Pilah area, and that six summonses have been issued to him for offences including driving without a licence and driving an uninsured vehicle.

• Praise 2

the tyre blew.... i dont understand why the media need to bring up the reports of his drug and road offences.... 

• Praise 2

RIP. What irks me is the trailer driver escaped unhurt ..  [thumbsdown]

the tyre blew.... i dont understand why the media need to bring up the reports of his drug and road offences.... 

too many such driver in MY ... remember the coach driver case sometime back? there is no legit and reliable system to track such drivers.

too many such driver in MY ... remember the coach driver case sometime back? there is no legit and reliable system to track such drivers.

.... u just proofed my point ley....  his tyre blew...  whether he got drug/traffic offences etc has got nothing to do with it... 

trailer driver was lucky to escape unhurt... but... 

If you ask me... i think the road condition in malaysia contributed more to the accident than the trailer driver it self... 

the bolehland media dont want people to point it out only... 

• Praise 3

RIP........

so for a drug offenders they are not allowed to drive for a living, is that what the journalist trying to say?

rubbish article by him or her.

• Praise 2

If a person time is up, even making no mistakes will be fatal

.... u just proofed my point ley....  his tyre blew...  whether he got drug/traffic offences etc has got nothing to do with it... 

actually i thought such vehicles have double tyres on each point?

Is losing one tyre so catastrophic? 

I've no idea. Just thinking out aloud. 

Tragic ... whole family gone in one instant.

From the news, trailer tire burst, what's there to blame for the driver?

The trailer driver is just doing his job driving the trailer leh, why he can't escape unhurt?

What "track such drivers"?

U really very dog eye see people down!!!

• Praise 1

(edited)

.... u just proofed my point ley.... his tyre blew... whether he got drug/traffic offences etc has got nothing to do with it...

If you ask me... i think the road condition in malaysia contributed more to the accident than the trailer driver it self...

the bolehland media dont want people to point it out only...

sometime these MY good vehicles and buses lacks maintenance....use until chui. The case of the motorbiker who died after being hit by a loose tyre is one. Most prob that vehicle also came from MY. So we must blame the vehicle owner as maintenance falls under the owner's responsibility. But you know lar....these companies usually will heck-care about all these....as long as they make money the owners will be happy.

Whenever i passed an MY vehicle and see their condition...i also feel scared seeing their condition.

Edited by Eviilusion

18110_1491183242.jpg

My understanding from the graphic, the tyre blew belong to one of the 3 sets of rear tyres. This will not cause the trailer to veer off to the right.  :slow:

These sets of tyres are just holding the weight of the trailer body and not a directional tyres. So if one burst, the trailer will not veer off as there are other sets to hold on to it.

The only possibility is the front tyre of the Prime mover burst. Then it will cause the trailer to veer off road to the right (right tyre burst & to the left if left tyre burst).  

[confused]  [confused]

sometime these MY good vehicles and buses lacks maintenance....use until chui. The case of the motorbiker who died after being hit by a loose tyre is one. Most prob that vehicle also came from MY. So we must blame the vehicle owner as maintenance falls under the owner's responsibility. But you know lar....these companies usually will heck-care about all these....as long as they make money the owners will be happy.

Whenever i passed an MY vehicle and see their condition...i also feel scared seeing their condition.

they like to use "re-con" tyres for trailers and trucks........... 

↡ Advertisement