Accidents across the causeway!

PaiKia-Lee

u slammed into a tree sideways, passenger side right?

at 130km/h, i'm pretty sure even u in a volvo or audi, if u slam into drivers side, u will not make it out alive. and yes, seatbelt too

glad u are safe though. at least u live to learn and to play again [;)]

Nope, driver's side. The impact was just behind my driver's door! "C" pillar and rear quarter panel totally dented in. I don't deny i'm lucky. If impact at driver's door itself, my right shoulder and maybe head as well will surely up the lorry.

As i said, car still in one piece, and i managed to walk away thanks to the car's thicker sheet metal (i think) and wearing seat belt.

↡ Advertisement

There's something wifey can do that will keep you awake and her quiet at the same time. [sly]

Bro, I know where you are heading. Don't ever go there especially on the road...not to mention NSH with speed around 110km. [bigcry] Btw need to drive around 30min plus before the next nearer rest point(toilet) ever appear. Siong lah. [shakehead][sly]

only safe to do that when car is stationary lah [smash]

Not necessary lah. Just synchronize the movements can already. [laugh]

Such accidents on MY NSH involving SG cars are likely due to the drivers' lau larn attitude which they should not bring over there considering the higher speed on the hwy. Common traits of the SG lau larn drivers on NSH:

1. Hogging on lane 1 and refuse to give way to faster vehicles approaching from the rear. More so if the faster vehicles from the rear is perceived to be of inferior makes like Kancil, Saga, Wira, Waja and the likes.

2. Speeding on lane 1 without giving due consideration to vehicles in front. Eg, if the car in front is behind another truck due to an overtaking move, the speeding driver should employ defensive driving by anticipating this move of the overtaking truck holding up trafic on lane 1. Instead, the speeding driver choose to slam on the brakes close to the car in front, potentially slaming him from the rear.

3. Maintain speed and direction on lane 1 while an overtaking high powered vehicle high beam from the rear asking you to pull over.

4. Oblivious to the weather and road condition. Speeding even during heavy downpour.

Plus our local drivers are not socially gracious even while we are travelling and driving in foreign land.

Wonder y pple personally attack the deceased and gf..

U all know them?

Y care so much he dun hav license but own car..

Accident can happen to anyone...

Bro, I know where you are heading. Don't ever go there especially on the road...not to mention NSH with speed around 110km. [bigcry] Btw need to drive around 30min plus before the next nearer rest point(toilet) ever appear. Siong lah. [shakehead][sly]

Why would you need a toilet if wifey does it right? [:p]

Honda Civic. I was just less than half an hour behind this vehicle, I believe. Was stuck in the jam for half an hour due to this accident. Drove past it. Not a very nice sight.

Civic hatch??? or is it cui until boot gone???

Why would you need a toilet if wifey does it right? [:p]

If wifey does it right she would need the toilet not me. My hand on the steeling wheel bros. 't

STOP STOP STOP......MCF not SBF. [:p]

Civic hatch??? or is it cui until boot gone???

I think its a 4D FD bro. Can just about see the rear door on the right side, as well as the raised bootlid in the pic. So i think is the boot cui until jia lat.

If wifey does it right she would need the toilet not me. My hand on the steeling wheel bros. 't

STOP STOP STOP......MCF not SBF. [:p]

No lah - if wifey does it right, no need rest stop. Very nutritious, you know, good to the last drop.

OK, now I'll stop. [laugh]

condolence to the family.

the girl surely traumatise badly for this incident. See the pic also gek sim.

Conversely, in a separate accident, i slammed into a tree sideways at around 130km/h in my Nissan NX coupe.

Tsk tsk.

Like that you can stop buying Evo already.

post-18739-1276970549_thumb.jpg

Wah, u mean until today honda civic the metal still so milo tin type ah? I remember there was a period of time in the mid '90s when quite a few EG9 civics (and quite a few Suzuki GTIs oso lah) broke in half in high speed crashes. A very good friend of mine was in hospital for 2 mths+ after he crashed his 1st generation CRX into a tree. The crx was totally crushed, almost like the pic posted above like tat. Conversely, in a separate accident, i slammed into a tree sideways at around 130km/h in my Nissan NX coupe. My nissan still in one piece, and i walked away from the accident. I dare not think of the consequence had i been in a honda then. And I'm probably thankful that i always wear my seatbelt, cos the T-bar above me broke, and i would have undoubtedly been flung out of the car had it not been for the seatbelt. Till today, I've owned the more sporty cars from the major jap brands (mitsu, nissan, subaru), but never a Honda. [shakehead]

Actually quite true, half a year ago back when i took a taxi to collect my car from servicing. Tat uncle told me his son 09 civic had an accident in Singapore & it tore into half when it skidded & it a curb from back wheel at 90kmh. Saw also the recent post here about some China hondas wheel broke off. Feels kinda of unsafe [dizzy]

Such accidents on MY NSH involving SG cars are likely due to the drivers' lau larn attitude which they should not bring over there considering the higher speed on the hwy. Common traits of the SG lau larn drivers on NSH:

1. Hogging on lane 1 and refuse to give way to faster vehicles approaching from the rear. More so if the faster vehicles from the rear is perceived to be of inferior makes like Kancil, Saga, Wira, Waja and the likes.

2. Speeding on lane 1 without giving due consideration to vehicles in front. Eg, if the car in front is behind another truck due to an overtaking move, the speeding driver should employ defensive driving by anticipating this move of the overtaking truck holding up trafic on lane 1. Instead, the speeding driver choose to slam on the brakes close to the car in front, potentially slaming him from the rear.

3. Maintain speed and direction on lane 1 while an overtaking high powered vehicle high beam from the rear asking you to pull over.

4. Oblivious to the weather and road condition. Speeding even during heavy downpour.

True, i'm a true blue Singaporean but i the way S'porean drive in Malaysia is really asking for trouble. Last week at second link after passing Malaysia custom, it was pouring in the afternoon & this idiot Spore subaru forester turbo seems like got something to prove to Malaysians car, he was like shooting like 140-160kmh right lane on a pouring & wet day, lucky i in middle lane doing around 80-100kmh. I told my passengers, if got 1 lorry suddenly come out to overtake, than tat fella's family gotta collect his corpse [shakehead]

Guess the speed they are travelling in?

I simply dont understand what is the mentality of these young people. How come you cannot keep to speed limit?? Young, inexperienced and like to hao-lian. Next time no chance to hao-lian already. I use the highway 15 times a month and most of the time my speed is a mere 110km/hour even though my car is bloody damn stable and my tyres will never burst due to extra applicant being applied on it. But I still keep to speed limit.

Please learn your lesson. For many people, they learnt their lessons when they go downstair.

She blames herself for driving car

S'porean killed, girlfriend injured in N-S highway crash

By Amanda Yong

June 17, 2010

He would have turned 22 today.

But Mr Soh Weihao died in a car crash in Malaysia on Tuesday evening.

And his girlfriend, student Kammy Goh, 20, blames no one but herself.

The second-year nursing student at Nanyang Polytechnic was behind the wheel when the vehicle hit a central divider on the North-South highway in Johor.

The car was Mr Soh's, but he does not have a driving licence. ( And why he bother to buy a car to hao-lian in the first place?! )

]

The impact flung the young couple out of the car.

Kammy suffered a head injury and fractured three toes on her right foot, her doctor said.

Mr Soh, who had serious head injuries, died instantly. His body was taken to a mortuary in Batu Pahat.

No need to guess the speed la. It was fast enough to kill.

R.I.P

Tsk tsk.

Like that you can stop buying Evo already.

Now i appreciate why my car got side & curtain srs airbag, though a few kilos heavier but peace of mind [laugh]

RIP to the guy and hope the lady recovers soon... -_-

Hmm...the pics from the blogspot looks familiar from the Goreng Pisang stall...I think I know where this Kammy works.. [:)]

RIP to the guy and hope the lady recovers soon... -_-

Hmm...the pics from the blogspot looks familiar from the Goreng Pisang stall...I think I know where this Kammy works.. [:)]

she studying right? now no bf u sure go and tackle her man hehe

↡ Advertisement