Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

Rickster86
  • Rickster86
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any bros knows where to get auto gear knob with the button to press in to shift gear and Overdrive button Function?

My gearbox is not staggered type but those straight type

Went to few shops but no avail.. And i realize this type of gear knob quite hard to find.

Thus if anyone can recommend some shops will be very helpful to me thanks!
Slow Driver Lives Longer

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

R_aquarii
  • Premium member
    R_aquarii
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

up for you.
looking for this too...

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

Mike80
  • Mike80
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Any bros knows where to get auto gear knob with the button to press in to shift gear and Overdrive button Function?

My gearbox is not staggered type but those straight type

Went to few shops but no avail.. And i realize this type of gear knob quite hard to find.

Thus if anyone can recommend some shops will be very helpful to me thanks!

i think Autobacs Ubi might have..The brand is lonza if i am not wrong..

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

Limiter
  • Limiter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

one of my fren went to commonwealth silent and found 1 of these knob as TS describe, however due to the design is like a fighter Jet lever and the 2 button is on top thus unable to fit in for his ride as his button is on the side.

I guess have to get a knob with direct positioning for those buttons like ur stock knob if i m not wrong.

Edited by Limiter, 22 June 2010 - 09:53 AM.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Limiter
  • Limiter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bro any idea how much? i will tell my fren to go there and take a look. :)

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Nerdy2010
  • Nerdy2010
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hey sorry guys i'm totally a dummy on cars. i have an auto car but the gear is those straight kind. i saw the staggered kind. how to operate the staggered kind, as in how to shift the gear? i've attached a pic to illustrate wad i mean. thanks and sorry.untitled.jpg

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Benjamintoh
  • Premium member
    Benjamintoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hey sorry guys i'm totally a dummy on cars. i have an auto car but the gear is those straight kind. i saw the staggered kind. how to operate the staggered kind, as in how to shift the gear? i've attached a pic to illustrate wad i mean. thanks and sorry.

Most staggered kind don't have the Shift Lever (button that we normally must press to shift the Gear), so they can freely shift it.

You can also convert your Straight kind to Staggered kind happy.gif

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

straight type = most likely have OD button

those pattern pattern type = will have L1 L2 D3 or + / - slots....

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Meganut
  • Meganut
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For chevy auto cars; optra and aveo, got no button.. (we owned a 2006 and 2007 optra) to engage gear gotta push down gear stick... normal toyota corolla and honda civic and accord (our other cars) got button... the button and the push down method is there as a safety feature to prevent for accidentally engagment of gears.. once gear is engaged to neutral or drive, so long as the brake is depressed when stationary or while car is moving then it can be engage freely without pressing the button oe pushing gear stick.. meaning if i am at D4, i can down gear to 3, 2 on the chevy without pushing down and i can enage gear from D to N and N to D without pushing down.. likewise for our civic and corolla can engage N toD ans D to N without pressing the button, only thing is that my corolla and civic got no 3, got only 2 and L, so to engage them from D must press button but from L to 2 to D, no need to press button (engage upwards can, downwards so far got try but seems locked)

Accord has +/- so when on D4, shift to +/- no need to press button, just shift to the side hehehehe.. and same applies for N and D, D to N no need press button but the rest on the accord need.. means P to R to N :)
alphard96 praised this

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Anyone knows where to find nice auto gear knob with shift button only?

Small one preferably..

find my shift gear kinda huge and want to get something smaller and more stylo.. like below..

http://www.andysauto...omo9500122.html

too bad it didn't come with a shift button...

Edited by Knoobie, 26 December 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Pabuaytio
  • Pabuaytio
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i still prefer the original auto knob ;P

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i still prefer the original auto knob ;P

what car you driving leh?? Looks like cannot find universal gear knob for auto cars with shift button...

Wonder if can convert it to no need button..

Edited by Knoobie, 27 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what car you driving leh?? Looks like cannot find universal gear knob for auto cars with shift button...

Wonder if can convert it to no need button..

Try the scrapyards. I use to see loads of steering wheels n gear knobs there.

Ask if ty hv for yr car model. Ty can tell u which type wil fit.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Try the scrapyards. I use to see loads of steering wheels n gear knobs there.

Ask if ty hv for yr car model. Ty can tell u which type wil fit.

Bro, mine is not broken. Just want to change for a new look! butt itchy again!!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro, mine is not broken. Just want to change for a new look! butt itchy again!!

U can still try the scrapyards.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://www.techinsid...paign=buffer-ti

Don't know what car designers are trying to prove. They are making this so difficult for us. Our life already so stressed and car designers nowadays come out with fanciful gear stick design that is complicated to use for the 1St few tries.

Take Toyota prius for example. The gear knob design looks and work so different from older design that we need some practice and get used to. They do not know the logic of simple is good meh? Make things so complicated for us. Haiz..

Edited by Yewheng, 10 July 2016 - 07:47 AM.

Sunny and car50 praised this

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

kuramafox
  • kuramafox
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi friends.

I'm driving a honda stream and the rubber on my gear knob seems to be wearing out soon. any idea where can I get a gear knob or nice fitting cover?

I search many online shops but the knobs usually don't have the button to press. stream have the knob to press to change gear and a d3 button which I nv use before. any advise?

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

hi friends.

I'm driving a honda stream and the rubber on my gear knob seems to be wearing out soon. any idea where can I get a gear knob or nice fitting cover?

I search many online shops but the knobs usually don't have the button to press. stream have the knob to press to change gear and a d3 button which I nv use before. any advise?

Does this help: https://sg.carousell...wrap-123829465/

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

kuramafox
  • kuramafox
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Terrylmt, yeah! It looks good. Haha. It's a little costly but seems like my options are limited.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Noraa
  • Noraa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Terrylmt, yeah! It looks good. Haha. It's a little costly but seems like my options are limited.

Actually can recommend you to one of the accessories shop in Malaysia.

Mine also have a button with OD button but i gave up the OD button and just changed to aftermarket gear knob.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Auto, gear, knob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users