Auto gear knob

Rickster86

Neutral Newbie

Any bros knows where to get auto gear knob with the button to press in to shift gear and Overdrive button Function?

My gearbox is not staggered type but those straight type

Went to few shops but no avail.. And i realize this type of gear knob quite hard to find.

Thus if anyone can recommend some shops will be very helpful to me thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Any bros knows where to get auto gear knob with the button to press in to shift gear and Overdrive button Function?

My gearbox is not staggered type but those straight type

Went to few shops but no avail.. And i realize this type of gear knob quite hard to find.

Thus if anyone can recommend some shops will be very helpful to me thanks!

i think Autobacs Ubi might have..The brand is lonza if i am not wrong..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

one of my fren went to commonwealth silent and found 1 of these knob as TS describe, however due to the design is like a fighter Jet lever and the 2 button is on top thus unable to fit in for his ride as his button is on the side.

I guess have to get a knob with direct positioning for those buttons like ur stock knob if i m not wrong.

Edited by Limiter

hey sorry guys i'm totally a dummy on cars. i have an auto car but the gear is those straight kind. i saw the staggered kind. how to operate the staggered kind, as in how to shift the gear? i've attached a pic to illustrate wad i mean. thanks and sorry.post-80464-1291618946_thumb.jpg

hey sorry guys i'm totally a dummy on cars. i have an auto car but the gear is those straight kind. i saw the staggered kind. how to operate the staggered kind, as in how to shift the gear? i've attached a pic to illustrate wad i mean. thanks and sorry.

Most staggered kind don't have the Shift Lever (button that we normally must press to shift the Gear), so they can freely shift it.

You can also convert your Straight kind to Staggered kind ^_^

For chevy auto cars; optra and aveo, got no button.. (we owned a 2006 and 2007 optra) to engage gear gotta push down gear stick... normal toyota corolla and honda civic and accord (our other cars) got button... the button and the push down method is there as a safety feature to prevent for accidentally engagment of gears.. once gear is engaged to neutral or drive, so long as the brake is depressed when stationary or while car is moving then it can be engage freely without pressing the button oe pushing gear stick.. meaning if i am at D4, i can down gear to 3, 2 on the chevy without pushing down and i can enage gear from D to N and N to D without pushing down.. likewise for our civic and corolla can engage N toD ans D to N without pressing the button, only thing is that my corolla and civic got no 3, got only 2 and L, so to engage them from D must press button but from L to 2 to D, no need to press button (engage upwards can, downwards so far got try but seems locked)

Accord has +/- so when on D4, shift to +/- no need to press button, just shift to the side hehehehe.. and same applies for N and D, D to N no need press button but the rest on the accord need.. means P to R to N :)

• Praise 1

Anyone knows where to find nice auto gear knob with shift button only?

Small one preferably..

find my shift gear kinda huge and want to get something smaller and more stylo.. like below..

http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet/2011_9999_cruze/interior/shift_knobs/momo/momo9500122.html

too bad it didn't come with a shift button...

Edited by Knoobie

i still prefer the original auto knob ;P

what car you driving leh?? Looks like cannot find universal gear knob for auto cars with shift button...

Wonder if can convert it to no need button..

Edited by Knoobie

what car you driving leh?? Looks like cannot find universal gear knob for auto cars with shift button...

Wonder if can convert it to no need button..

Try the scrapyards. I use to see loads of steering wheels n gear knobs there.

Ask if ty hv for yr car model. Ty can tell u which type wil fit.

Try the scrapyards. I use to see loads of steering wheels n gear knobs there.

Ask if ty hv for yr car model. Ty can tell u which type wil fit.

Bro, mine is not broken. Just want to change for a new look! butt itchy again!!

Twincharged
(edited)

http://www.techinsider.io/most-annoying-thing-about-new-cars-2016-7?utm_content=buffer3bf1d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-ti

Don't know what car designers are trying to prove. They are making this so difficult for us. Our life already so stressed and car designers nowadays come out with fanciful gear stick design that is complicated to use for the 1St few tries.

Take Toyota prius for example. The gear knob design looks and work so different from older design that we need some practice and get used to. They do not know the logic of simple is good meh? Make things so complicated for us. Haiz..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

hi friends.

I'm driving a honda stream and the rubber on my gear knob seems to be wearing out soon. any idea where can I get a gear knob or nice fitting cover?

I search many online shops but the knobs usually don't have the button to press. stream have the knob to press to change gear and a d3 button which I nv use before. any advise?

hi friends.

I'm driving a honda stream and the rubber on my gear knob seems to be wearing out soon. any idea where can I get a gear knob or nice fitting cover?

I search many online shops but the knobs usually don't have the button to press. stream have the knob to press to change gear and a d3 button which I nv use before. any advise?

Does this help: https://sg.carousell.com/p/honda-stream-leather-gearknob-wrap-123829465/

↡ Advertisement