Saw many new bmw 7 series breakdown require towing service

Elviskoh

Nah nah nah, no need to argue until cow come home. Just read below [bounce1]

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-whats-happening-my-bmw/

U created an account just to show me that? looking @ that page itself already makes me laugh...and like i said...the other german competitors are as equally guilty like BMW as well...due to the amount of technology thats packed ino the car...and in case u dont know...there is no such thing as a perfect car....the "u pay for what u get" theory sometimes dosent apply here...which is why italian cars are never really that popular in singapore...thats all i can say.

↡ Advertisement

IMHO most reliable cars are my left and right "kah".....low maintenance, highly reliable, somemore got accessories like moles, leg hair, w/o paying a single cent for them....CHEERS.

IMHO most reliable cars are my left and right "kah".....low maintenance, highly reliable, somemore got accessories like moles, leg hair, w/o paying a single cent for them....CHEERS.

Nope....it will still fail you. Don't believe go complete a 43km walk or run. [laugh]

(edited)

I agree they will fail you eventually......but I am proud to say mine had completed 72km FBO route march successfully....though at times along the route w force march pace, it did feel like breaking down.....many years ago though....

In times of flood, I am sure they will function well too.... :D No need for tow truck....

Edited by Sabretan

Neutral Newbie

U created an account just to show me that? looking @ that page itself already makes me laugh...and like i said...the other german competitors are as equally guilty like BMW as well...due to the amount of technology thats packed ino the car...and in case u dont know...there is no such thing as a perfect car....the "u pay for what u get" theory sometimes dosent apply here...which is why italian cars are never really that popular in singapore...thats all i can say.

Looking at tat page makes you laugh, why? Cause i managed to poke your little a....rse? :D Steam liao lar. All german makes are equally guilty? Wu yah bo? Have you gone into merc, audi & bmw forum boh, or you live in your little world?

When did i say about perfect car here? You said?

I just put a link to let potential buyers & existing bmw owners know they don't have to get into your 'u pay for what u get" theory sometimes dosent apply here' dream doesn't work here.

Looking at tat page makes you laugh, why? Cause i managed to poke your little a....rse? :D Steam liao lar. All german makes are equally guilty? Wu yah bo? Have you gone into merc, audi & bmw forum boh, or you live in your little world?

When did i say about perfect car here? You said?

I just put a link to let potential buyers & existing bmw owners know they don't have to get into your 'u pay for what u get" theory sometimes dosent apply here' dream doesn't work here.

if thats your point that u're trying to make then i apologise cos i have misinteprated your post [cool]..why i was laughing cos like i said...they just cant simply accept the car for what it is and always try to pick on al the small small thing just cos they so called "paid a high premium" for it. and FYI i dont need 2 go to BMW,merc or audi forums to know about their generic problems [;)] mainly its due to their spohisticated technology thats into these cars which causes some glitches here and there...and to put it simply if one dosent want any electrical problems in their car then they should just settle on one with that runs only on a carb and thats it.

u obviously dunno what u are talking about. What 'change their engine even at very low mileage'? What cars for that matter require a change of engine. This is not your Xbox car racing games where u can change anything. For your guide BMW is one of the companies that probably make some of the best and most reliable engines. Google the engine awards. Anything can fall apart in a BMW, the last thing to fall apart is their engine.

And who said BMW has the lowest rating in the USA. Have you lived there?

This guy has a chip on his shoulder against bimmers for the longest time - just because he claims he has a "lemon", all other bimmers are lemons...

Also claims servicing must change this and that and the bill runs into the tens of thousand...

My own experience can't be further from the truth - very fuss-free cars I had and only times I had to call for BMW roadside assistance was when my battery died on me...

But seriously, I doubt he even owns a bimmer before

u obviously dunno what u are talking about. What 'change their engine even at very low mileage'? What cars for that matter require a change of engine. This is not your Xbox car racing games where u can change anything. For your guide BMW is one of the companies that probably make some of the best and most reliable engines. Google the engine awards. Anything can fall apart in a BMW, the last thing to fall apart is their engine.

And who said BMW has the lowest rating in the USA. Have you lived there?

One of my ex-colleague, his less than 2yrs old 5 series had to have its engine replace leh.. Maybe even less than 1 yr old car. [;)]

One of my ex-colleague, his less than 2yrs old 5 series had to have its engine replace leh.. Maybe even less than 1 yr old car. [;)]

How come BMWs nowadays like that??? [shakehead] [shakehead]

Turbocharged

the local 7-Series that we have,

don't have to go for periodic servicing....

they'll only have to service the car when the car detects any problem with the car,

then sends a report to BMW Germany, afterwhich, BMW Germany will forward to PML to follow up on the car....

but that only applies to the new 7-Series, 740Li and 750Li models....

You really are one of the biggest idiots I've come across in cyberspace. And trust me there are many idiots out there but you take the icing on the cake

This guy has a chip on his shoulder against bimmers for the longest time - just because he claims he has a "lemon", all other bimmers are lemons...

Also claims servicing must change this and that and the bill runs into the tens of thousand...

My own experience can't be further from the truth - very fuss-free cars I had and only times I had to call for BMW roadside assistance was when my battery died on me...

But seriously, I doubt he even owns a bimmer before

he has trust me... [lipsrsealed]

You really are one of the biggest idiots I've come across in cyberspace. And trust me there are many idiots out there but you take the icing on the cake

ROFLMAO... nice one.

Neutral Newbie

Low maintenance but very high unreliablilty. confirm will break down if you try to push it past 30kph and will not last more than an hour at even 20kph. It will puncture and become soft and wobbly, very unstable even at low speeds.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Are you sure it's engine replacement or some part in the engine replaced? Some people just make it sound very serious by saying the whole engine is replaced (ie, the log card will have to be changed cos engine serial number is changed, have to go through LTA approval process and produce prove that engine is beyond repair, yada yada yada). It may well be just one engine part was replaced instead of the whole engine, engine is still the same old one. I'm not surprised.

One of the scenario which will warrant the whole engine block replacement is one of the piston arms broke and the whole piston went "free" and damaged the cylinder block. This kind no choice have to replace whole engine,

Edited by Dunno

I did witness a 4 month old 5 series which could not shift out of "P". That was just this year in March. No matter how the owner tried with the technical support thru phone also cannot. The owner even let slip and said her previous Jaguar also got a lot of problem, thought change new car no more problem. End up stuck in a shopping mall carpark on a Saturday and have to wait for their tow truck.

I really wonder if the fancy electronic auto shifter is more easy to use dan the conventional auto shifter.

I did witness a 4 month old 5 series which could not shift out of "P". That was just this year in March. No matter how the owner tried with the technical support thru phone also cannot. The owner even let slip and said her previous Jaguar also got a lot of problem, thought change new car no more problem. End up stuck in a shopping mall carpark on a Saturday and have to wait for their tow truck.

I really wonder if the fancy electronic auto shifter is more easy to use dan the conventional auto shifter.

manual best la...only reason why u cannot go into gear is yr gearbox broken or u are just simply too weak to engage gear :P

↡ Advertisement