Dark chocolate?

1l0v3you

Like these? Saw these, almost wanted to buy until I saw the meiji ones... Heng arh never buy, or else waste money liao!

Reminds me of petrol ... 92, 95, 98 ... :-D
↡ Advertisement

Heng don't have 100% (100RON) like Petronas..... dunnoe what will happen if we take 100% cocoa?

Maybe "Heatiness Index" 100/100

:D

Reminds me of petrol ... 92, 95, 98 ... :-D

(edited)

Long long time ago... I lived in kampung where I had some cocoa trees...

As what you have seen... The cocoa fruit looks like a mini ruby ball or giant olive.

You break open, there are many seeds... The outer is coated with white fleshy like thingy like soursop, it tastes like little sourish iirc, but mostly bland. Remove the white flesh, you have the cocock. It's bitter, unpalatable.

Why would anyone want to eat cocock?

You mix it with fillers and it tastes great.

Of course, the more % of cocock you have, it's more bitter and skew towards unpalatable taste. 

In conclusion, the fillers matter a lot in determining how great the chocolate tastes. There are dark chocolate that taste great, there are some horrible.

It's a fairly easy plant to grow and little to maintain with human level height for ease of harvesting. So, I don't understand why there is noises saying that cocoa is in short supply or facing "extinction".

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

Because they cannot afford the blue pill? :D

• Cacao is a natural aphrodisiac. Many people discuss chocolate's ability to act as an aphrodisiac, but it's actually the chemicals in the raw bean that stimulate the senses and heighten feelings of joy and pleasure.Mercola.com lists it as one of the top aphrodisiacs, attributing its power to the "bliss molecule," anandamide, and phenylethylamine, "the love chemical," which makes the brain release dopamine during sex.

http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/Raw_Cacao_Side_Effects

As what you have seen... The cocoa fruit looks like a mini ruby ball or giant olive.

You break open, there are many seeds... The outer is coated with white fleshy like thingy like soursop, it tastes like little sourish iirc, but mostly bland. Remove the white flesh, you have the cocock. It's bitter, unpalatable.

Of course, the more % of cocock you have, it's more bitter and skew towards unpalatable taste. 

In conclusion, the fillers matter a lot in determining how great the chocolate tastes. There are dark chocolate that taste great, there are some horrible.

It's a fairly easy plant to grow and little to maintain with human level height for ease of harvesting. So, I don't understand why there is noises saying that cocoa is in short supply or facing "extinction".

last night news reported that Yuhua planted mangoes and distributed to residents by Grace Fu.

maybe another town council can start planting cocoa trees.  [:p]

for me, I like bitter chocolate ... maybe one day I try 90%  :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2

Meiji Black how many % is the cocoa? I cannot seem to find the % numbers on the rear of the packaging after standing at the aisle holding the 2 for comparison, so decided to just buy both to try.

from the Internet meiji black has only 42% cocoa (that's why it was called black and not dark chocolate [laugh]), hence is quite low for dark chocolate. I tried those above 80% is really really bitter not to mentioned 90%.

how much is the Meiji 72%?

Thanks for info!

The shelf label/pricing all messed up. But at the checkout counter, 1X black + 1X 72% = $9++. Did not really check the receipt before throwing as I was rushing to another place. [:p]

from the Internet meiji black has only 42% cocoa (that's why it was called black and not dark chocolate [laugh]), hence is quite low for dark chocolate. I tried those above 80% is really really bitter not to mentioned 90%.

how much is the Meiji 72%?

• Praise 1

reminder to eat everything in moderation including healthy and cholesterol free food like oysters.

I see people scooping up raw oysters at those buffets... [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

I only like dark bittersweet chocolate, usually >80% cocoa.

Found this in fridge. Am sure there are plenty of other kinds (added in after back from travels) but fridge is too congested. Sometimes, when I come across one, then would get to enjoy it until the next time I 'discover' another one .

post-109106-0-23524100-1466324231_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

reminder to eat everything in moderation including healthy and cholesterol free food like oysters.

I see people scooping up raw oysters at those buffets... [rolleyes]

ahem, ahem ... 

@2BDriver

true ... everything have variety and moderation ... then can enjoy ....  [:)]

So which dark or the darkest chocolate is best value or bang for the buck  for $$.... In my case I still stick with Cadbury and sometimes when I go to Mustafa they got UK ones in huge big bars too (twice our local normal NTUC sizes) sometimes packed in cardboard type; only thing is i have to be careful that I dont leave them in the car with heat on as they become out of shape 

99% ... Wow ...

must be super dry and bitter, higher % doesn't taste sweet at all and i dun think its enjoyable eating it.

must be super dry and bitter, higher % doesn't taste sweet at all and i dun think its enjoyable eating it.

haha ,,, maybe will try if and when its on sale ... else will just stick to 70%.