Any California Fitness member here?

Ayotee

Neutral Newbie

just wondering any California Fitness member here who took up those 6 weeks personal training? is it effective?

↡ Advertisement

Had very bad experience with them. Have a few friends who felt the same and jumped ship to other gyms instead.

But i do have one friend who's with them for a few mths so far. I also have some issues with their hard-selling methods.

Neutral Newbie

Used to be, now changed to FitnessFirst.

Cali equipments are quite old and also pissed of by constant hardsell by PT

Supercharged
(edited)

i have been with them for about 8-9 years....

rates wise they are still the most competitive in the market for mega gym. in fact, myself being early bird member, now is enjoying preferential rate only $60 per year.

my grouse is that their gym locations are all smacked in the center of singapore with nothing close to neigbourhood areas. in fact, their staff have misrepresented to me before that they intend to open tampines branch etc.

my other grouse is that sometimes it is wee bit crowded.

as for personal training, i took up before. the transformation was unbelievable. the only issue is that after i stopped personal training, stop taking supplements, i lose a lot of the mass. but still nto too bad, at least got some definition.

Edited by Acemundo

just wondering any California Fitness member here who took up those 6 weeks personal training? is it effective?

I would say it is effective if:

1)The person who signed up is really motivated

2)The PT is good (some is really good while some I heard can be crap in their training methods)

3)Careful diet (while I say it is not a must to count every calories consumed, it is probably not going to be much effective much if one had habit of frequent unhealthy suppers while taking up PT lessons)

I have seen people really getting the desired results in the presence of above factors while I know of a friend who din have much results becos I feel she is just going through the motions. [;)]

I will nvr change to any other fitness centre, not becos Iam in love with california fitness, but Iam paying just only $88 (before GST) per yr for renewal now. If I go to any other fitness centre now, I will have to pay much much more... :o

Neutral Newbie

i have been with them for about 8-9 years....

rates wise they are still the most competitive in the market for mega gym. in fact, myself being early bird member, now is enjoying preferential rate only $60 per year.

my grouse is that their gym locations are all smacked in the center of singapore with nothing close to neigbourhood areas. in fact, their staff have misrepresented to me before that they intend to open tampines branch etc.

my other grouse is that sometimes it is wee bit crowded.

as for personal training, i took up before. the transformation was unbelievable. the only issue is that after i stopped personal training, stop taking supplements, i lose a lot of the mass. but still nto too bad, at least got some definition.

do u see the results in 6 weeks?

wah piang....your memory so good...it happened such a long time ago.. :blink::blink:

I NEVER forget things wan...esp things of such bizarre nature [laugh][laugh]

so..found the bugger? :angry:

but 80 dollars per week, train for 5 days. IMO i think its abit expensive..

it is of cos expensive. nobody says it is affordable.

it really depends on all yourself..how motivated are you? how much you willing to spend? I can say to whip one into shape using these PT lessons would incur a cost of no less than $4000 or even more depending on your goals and the condition of your body in the beginning..

Neutral Newbie

haha.. then i will just go for the 6 weeks program and will see how from there.. to build up more mass and muscles.

Supercharged

yes....

put it this way......i was active sportsman and basketballer in school last time.

so the punishing gym and weight lifting routine was something i am used to. my instructor told me at first he was worried i cannot take the training since I am so skinny. well, i took the punishing routine well then.

plus with supplements, the results came very quicly.

my friends that saw me then all astounded that i gain so much mass.

haha.. then i will just go for the 6 weeks program and will see how from there.. to build up more mass and muscles.

pls dun assume you will get the full desired results in 6 weeks...you may see results but quite likely not up to the full results which you would likely aim for..be mentally prepared that you may need to sign up a further 6-8 weeks after the first 6 weeks. are you ok to do that in terms of $$?? cos many pple would see results in 6 weeks but not the exact results desired and it will be a waste to give up half way...I will just say that are you prepared to spend abt 4k in total? If not, perhaps you shouldn't even go for the 6 weeks program..

I NEVER forget things wan...esp things of such bizarre nature [laugh][laugh]

so..found the bugger? :angry:

hmmm, no...there are quite some bizarre characters in the locker room...just have to be more careful. [mad]

Supercharged

if you want to train long term, you will surely spend more than that.

my suggestion is you go with them short term then after you get the hang of it train on your own.

best is team up with buddy like me and damienic. in weight training it is more effective to have spotters, ie you help each other with the weight lifting so you can lift heavier weights.

hmmm, no...there are quite some bizarre characters in the locker room...just have to be more careful. [mad]

I can imagine...Porker is indeed bizarre [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement