Accident! - SBS Bus : 0 / VW Passat: 1

Vinceng

Turbocharged

VW cars are made like Volvos of yesteryear (Remember the Volvo 240 & 740?).

My friend was in his VW Passat waiting for the lights to turn green on a gentle slope when he nodded off and lifted his foot off the brake. His Passat moved forward and he was awoken with a bump.

The front of his Passat had hit a SBS bus rear.

The damage?

The SBS (Volvo) bus bumper dented in but VW Passat was unscattered except for a hair line crack on the bumper.

I was surprised and amazed.

See pictures.

My next car would definitely be a VW. [;)]

post-27974-1277180760_thumb.jpg

post-27974-1277180787_thumb.jpg

post-27974-1277180801_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

show 2 different ways of dissipating energy... one by deformation and one by breaking (cracking). cant say which i'd prefer.

Neutral Newbie

ouchhhh sry to read about ur fren's mishap! tho i highly suspect the result prob would have been different if the passat had hit a volvo sedan instead of the sbs bus. the volvos of today (not including buses heh) are still solid as hell man!

ouchhhh sry to read about ur fren's mishap! tho i highly suspect the result prob would have been different if the passat had hit a volvo sedan instead of the sbs bus. the volvos of today (not including buses heh) are still solid as hell man!

I can't speak for their sheetmetal, plastics and support bars, but the actual frame for volvos comes second to none. They use more boron steel in it than any other marque.

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/Article/29...oron_steel.aspx

So sorry to hear about your friend's accident... But could the damage on the bus done previously cos looking at the damage is basically not tally lei....

sbs bus body are made locally, it carries the volvo badge which means it is powered by volvo engine.

slight cracked on the vw bumper, well that will maybe cost a leg and an arm to replace.

Turbocharged

which one better doesnt really bother me but im more worry about your friend on the road......if she/he doze off so easily, better don't drive and take mrt instead............safer for the public........ :blink:

I just hope the bus comapany do not claim $30,000 from the passat for the dented bumper and LOSS OF INCOME while the bus is under repair.

We all know how taxi co will claim super duper from the other part for even a slight bump!

Twincharged

Might have damage internally although the bumper looks like nothing much. Seen alot of videos on youtube showing those internal damage.

Turbocharged

I wonder how much is a bus bumper..

bumper is cheap.

But the loss of income for the bus for just 1 day will be very high.