Decoder to watch Starhub channels

Carmour

If I am not wrong, the broadcast is one way.

just like a radio station will not know who are listening to them...

Then you're wrong..

Remember Starhub internet uses the same cables.

If the modem can send signals back to starhub... what makes you think the set top box can't? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I also say. But since we're all so daring here...

Anyone here got lobang to get some weed? How about cocaine? I've never tried them before. I wanna try. [laugh]

go to the coffee shops in amsterdam... you can get weed there and is legal

http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/News/Story/...207-106077.html

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatting/18...l-thriving.html

first off, I don't have cable and i don't watch cable or have any inclination to do so legal or illegally.

Nor am i encouraging anyone to pirate.

what I don't understand is how they say they can trace.

To my understanding, technically a cable operator

broadcast its scrambled signal ubiquitously regardless of whether you have subscribed or not.

you need a set top box to descrambled. Through the broadcast, they managed your subscribed channel

If I am not wrong, the broadcast is one way.

just like a radio station will not know who are listening to them...

It's two way communication. The modern cable descramblers are known as "addressable", because they have unique serial-numbers that can be individually "addressed" by the cable company signal. This is what let's them turn on WC or PPV movies for you remotely. It's also two-way communications - and this is what allows them to monitor what you're doing with the box.

There are non-addressable cable boxes available. Whether these work well and are undetectable, I don't know. But Starhub does practice quite cutting-edge countermeasures for their services, e.g. traffic shaping with Sandvine for torrent blocking, etc. so I don't see any reason to think they're suaku in this respect and can be easily fooled.

Thought people should be smarter nowadays, but seems like we always see people asking about how to access to illegal stuff online.. Think most forget rule number 7.

Dude,

it depends on whether urs is the old analog type or the new digital type.

From what i heard, it seems that the new digital type can trace back to you. Remember the new digital types can get automatic updates as long as you do a reset after a certain date ?? It's quite obvious that they can trace you, juz that its a matter of whether they want to do it or not.

It's two way communication. The modern cable descramblers are known as "addressable", because they have unique serial-numbers that can be individually "addressed" by the cable company signal. This is what let's them turn on WC or PPV movies for you remotely. It's also two-way communications - and this is what allows them to monitor what you're doing with the box.

There are non-addressable cable boxes available. Whether these work well and are undetectable, I don't know. But Starhub does practice quite cutting-edge countermeasures for their services, e.g. traffic shaping with Sandvine for torrent blocking, etc. so I don't see any reason to think they're suaku in this respect and can be easily fooled.

There'll be no end to counter-measures.

People will still come out with another walk around or discover another method to hack or break the current counter-measure.

This leads to another counter-measure and another round of breaking. It's never ending till the technology is obsolate.

Thought people should be smarter nowadays, but seems like we always see people asking about how to access to illegal stuff online.. Think most forget rule number 7.

In the same way people who go past 90km/h on lane 1 have the cheek to complain about people who stay at 90km/h on lane 1.

Break the law already still complain people prevent them from breaking the law. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Oi! This kind of thing, may TUA WAH ZIP LAH hor. Kumsia. [laugh] [laugh]

haaa that's why need to clarify lar... else later MO here MO there... mata thought its you..... [:p]

its 2 way communication

last time using analog they cannot trace you

thats why they charge you for using analog hoping you change to digital

i have a friend working with sh

i use to pose him the decoder question

he told me that they are upgrading into a new system (digital)

they can trace you

do you know that if you got analog set up

and bring into another address that are already cable ready but did not subscribe,

you can watch the whole channel free

i did that accidently in 2002

its 2 way communication

last time using analog they cannot trace you

thats why they charge you for using analog hoping you change to digital

i have a friend working with sh

i use to pose him the decoder question

he told me that they are upgrading into a new system (digital)

they can trace you

do you know that if you got analog set up

and bring into another address that are already cable ready but did not subscribe,

you can watch the whole channel free

i did that accidently in 2002

Me too accidently done that in early 2000s. Accidently "carried" the box over to my in law place. [laugh]

Me too accidently done that in early 2000s. Accidently "carried" the box over to my in law place. [laugh]

thats why they discourage analog users

Now Starhub no more analog already. All digital.

Each set top box now has a card, that is tagged to the specific box and address. This is another way to control the programs and track the usage.

Now Starhub no more analog already. All digital.

Each set top box now has a card, that is tagged to the specific box and address. This is another way to control the programs and track the usage.

I Still use the old anlalog box, so that means I can accidentally bring over to my in-laws and watch there without trace?

Ummmm

Then you're wrong..

Remember Starhub internet uses the same cables.

If the modem can send signals back to starhub... what makes you think the set top box can't? [laugh]

I forgot about that.... good point

iirc cannot

only way is SH block it,like TV signal

iirc all hub is activated,unless u have a decoder to do it...when add new channel,a signal is sent to 'ask' to activate

i might be wrong la..but i remembered my SH box no picture,i called, they said they send signal to reactivate back ,and instantly it come back..coz they accidentally send to switch off..

Supercharged

Each SH box prob has a unique ID that is tied to your name/house. So they can specifically send/receive data to/from individual SH box and know who is the owner.

However, 3rd party decoder boxes are not registered with SH. They may be able to see that an unknown decoder is connected at Blk xxx, but i believe the wiring for each riser to all units is shared.. so wonder how they can track to the exact unit that is using the unknown decoder box.

↡ Advertisement