with torn note

• Search this thread
19 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

just noticed a torn $50 note in my wallet...
the torn section is at the bottom RH corner.
about 9mm. the torn section is detached &
missing....must have received from someone
without knowing...what should I do??

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Mike1234
  • Mike1234
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Go ATM and bank in the torn note ?

Haa....Then withdraw a new $50 note out?....

I know i am being lame....

Becos, thats what i do..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Maybe you can also go to the bank and ask to change one new one?

I'm sure they will accept one...

Edited by Mike1234, 24 June 2010 - 09:58 AM.

My girlfriend leads a very sad life. That is why i existed

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Ruby_tan
  • Ruby_tan
    Neutral Newbie

i think you can bring it to the bank and "surrender" .. they should exchange one for you..
otherwise, quickly go buy something and "pass" the note down.. tongue.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Yup easiest is to deposit the $50 into your bank at the teller or ATM.
Or pay it to the china mei mei in the hotel for her service to release some steam for being stupid to get this torn money in the first place.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear

i think you can bring it to the bank and "surrender" .. they should exchange one for you..
otherwise, quickly go buy something and "pass" the note down.. tongue.gif

do you think the bank will charge any admin fees??

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear

Yup easiest is to deposit the $50 into your bank at the teller or ATM.
Or pay it to the china mei mei in the hotel for her service to release some steam for being stupid to get this torn money in the first place.

Ha! thks! for your interesting suggestion.. thumbsup.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Mike1234
  • Mike1234
    Supercharged

No , i dont think they won't charge one la...

My girlfriend leads a very sad life. That is why i existed

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

No. They will fine you for vandalism.

biggrin.gif No lah. They won't charge anything.
Winter is Coming!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

Bavarian

just noticed a torn $50 note in my wallet...
the torn section is at the bottom RH corner.
about 9mm. the torn section is detached &
missing....must have received from someone
without knowing...what should I do??

Torn notes can be exhanged at any banks as long as:

1. Serial number is visible (at least one side)
2. there is more than 50% of the surface area

Thats wat I know.
where is my pee pee corner?

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear

Torn notes can be exhanged at any banks as long as:

1. Serial number is visible (at least one side)
2. there is more than 50% of the surface area

Thats wat I know.

Wow! sounds like you have good knowledge of such things...maybe you work in the bank!
Thks! appreciate feedback.

Ruby_tan
  • Ruby_tan
    Neutral Newbie

like what everyone sad,i doubt they'll charge too .. wink.gif

Bavarian

Wow! sounds like you have good knowledge of such things...maybe you work in the bank!
Thks! appreciate feedback.

nah, just planning to rob one. pirate.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    Supercharged

Give it to me. I will dispose of it for you. No need to thank me. You are welcome. biggrin.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Shorty
  • Premium member
    Shorty
    Turbocharged

wat bavarian said is correct...as long as the full serial no is there...u can still use. 9mm tear is very small. so no prob.
Don't Give Up Hope...No Matter How Hopeless U Are...
Psn id: STR8_ACE07
super noobie

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Ixiz
  • Ixiz
    3rd Gear

Go to Singaporepools and bet $50 dollar Big on the serial number .If you heng heng strike 1st Prize . You could be $100000 richer. If you don't strike. You just help to donate to the charity . Either way will be a happy ending. The auntie behind the counter would not be bother with the torn and even if they do . You can always cancel the bet .

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Bavarian

Go to Singaporepools and bet $50 dollar Big on the serial number .If you heng heng strike 1st Prize . You could be $100000 richer. If you don't strike. You just help to donate to the charity . Either way will be a happy ending. The auntie behind the counter would not be bother with the torn and even if they do . You can always cancel the bet .

This thread just became "101 ways to spend that $50" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

Melvinwcc
  • Melvinwcc
    1st Gear

Is this the information you looking for?

Part1
http://www.razor.tv/...n/90/49592.html

Part 2
http://www.razor.tv/...n/90/49590.html

Edited by Melvinwcc, 24 June 2010 - 12:02 PM.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged

Mutilated currency notes and coins
19. (1) No person shall be entitled to recover from the Authority the value of any mutilated currency note or coin or any note or coin which has been illegally dealt with.
[11/82;3/91;25/2002]

(2) The circumstances in which, and the conditions and limitations subject to which the value of mutilated currency notes or coins, or notes or coins which have been illegally dealt with, may be refunded as an act of grace shall be in the absolute discretion of the Authority.
[11/82;3/91;25/2002]

(3) Mutilated currency notes or coins, or curency notes or coins that have been illegally dealt with, shall be repossessed by any officer of the Authority or other person authorised by the Authority when tendered to the Authority or such person, as the case may be.
[3/91;47/98;25/2002]

Q12

Where could one exchange mutilated notes?

A12

Under the Currency Act, mutilated notes and dirty/damaged coins command no value. Any award for mutilated note and dirty/damaged coin is an act of grace by MAS.

Customers may deposit the notes at any commercial bank instead of direct one-for-one exchange. The assessed value will be awarded by the bank according to the guidelines from MAS, and where necessary banks may refer the notes to MAS for a more thorough assessment.

Should you encounter problems in the exchange, please call MAS at 6349-4655 or 6349-4615 for assistance.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear

very good info! thumbsup.gif

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Panhard
  • Premium member
    Panhard
    4th Gear

thumbsup.gif Good!
Thks!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users