Where to buy bitumen sheets for soundproofing?

Vroomtattat

Any brudder got any idea where to get?

I'm thinking of DIYing sound proofing my car's flooring (is that what it's called?) as my CO is still complaining

of road noise although I have changed my 4 tyres to Yoko 501.

Please advise urgently as I think her nagging sounds louder than the road noise. Haiz ... [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

Go to sgsoundsystem forum and look for the freelance sellers. They sell by the box. Be forewarned though, DIY soundproofing is a backbreaking task, been there done that.

If you fall in a platoon to help, it will be faster. Seats, carpets, all must come out. But when put them back, it may not be the same again. something loose or not aligned properly.

If sala-- kenah sign extra?

Soundproofing can be done in the cabin or under the chassis, or both. Soundproofing for doors, roof, boot or wheel walls.

Soundprrofing sheets are better than the spray on type

My advice, better get it done by soundproofing workshop.

If you really need to try, go to Tonita, at 50 Ubi Cres. suppliers of car polishes, equipment.

When you have finished with car, you will be promoted to soundproof Leopard tanks [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If all things fail you can use this, sure work

Good luck, roger out

post-69449-1277646029.jpg

(edited)

I'm thinking of DIYing sound proofing my car's flooring (is that what it's called?) as my CO is still complaining

Please advise urgently as I think her nagging sounds louder than the road noise. Haiz ... [dizzy]

=================

Soundproofing your car is not so easy.

There r so many ways sound(noise) can enter the cabin.

If u soundproof(SP) the floor, next u wil find wind noise too loud. Then if u SP the door panels, u wil find engine noise from the firewall. Then if i SP the firewall, u wil find noise from the transmission tunnel.

Even if u send to those "professional" shops, the results might not b as good as u expected. And they r not cheap.

Even your door rubber seals wil let in noise if they r slightly hardened or misaligned.

Just tell your CO that yours is the "sport" model & the sound alone cost $2K extra so just enjoy it.

For me I just lay an extra set of thick mats on the floor to absorb some noise & ensure all your door/window seals r in good condition. I use Armourall to apply to them once a year to keep them soft & get a better seal.

Edited by Pisces69

Go to sgsoundsystem forum and look for the freelance sellers. They sell by the box. Be forewarned though, DIY soundproofing is a backbreaking task, been there done that.

Ooohh? I thought it look kind of simple, guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the info bro. [:p]

If you fall in a platoon to help, it will be faster. Seats, carpets, all must come out. But when put them back, it may not be the same again. something loose or not aligned properly.

If sala-- kenah sign extra?

Soundproofing can be done in the cabin or under the chassis, or both. Soundproofing for doors, roof, boot or wheel walls.

Soundprrofing sheets are better than the spray on type

My advice, better get it done by soundproofing workshop.

If you really need to try, go to Tonita, at 50 Ubi Cres. suppliers of car polishes, equipment.

When you have finished with car, you will be promoted to soundproof Leopard tanks [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If all things fail you can use this, sure work

Good luck, roger out

That's a roger! Did not know there;s so much to SP?

Tango Yankee, out! Pssstt! [laugh]

=================

Soundproofing your car is not so easy.

There r so many ways sound(noise) can enter the cabin.

If u soundproof(SP) the floor, next u wil find wind noise too loud. Then if u SP the door panels, u wil find engine noise from the firewall. Then if i SP the firewall, u wil find noise from the transmission tunnel.

Even if u send to those "professional" shops, the results might not b as good as u expected. And they r not cheap.

Even your door rubber seals wil let in noise if they r slightly hardened or misaligned.

Just tell your CO that yours is the "sport" model & the sound alone cost $2K extra so just enjoy it.

For me I just lay an extra set of thick mats on the floor to absorb some noise & ensure all your door/window seals r in good condition. I use Armourall to apply to them once a year to keep them soft & get a better seal.

Yeah man . . . guess I better take good care of the door seals . . . they do look kind of worn :o

Thanks for the advice, brudders!!

Any more? Keep them coming . . . . bring it on! [laugh]

Turbocharged

Bro, this kind of $$$ heng lan tan lar..... not say your skill no good or what.... later spend the $$$, the time, the backache and what not, then end up not sextisfy, still need to redo..... boh hua leh....

Neutral Newbie

Sounds more like you need masking tape for yr CO.

Bro, this kind of $$$ heng lan tan lar..... not say your skill no good or what.... later spend the $$$, the time, the backache and what not, then end up not sextisfy, still need to redo..... boh hua leh....

if sway, may also accidentally break the clips etc.....

Si hor . . . okay, I go look up SP workshop. BTW, li woo kang tao boh?

Aiyoh, tau tiah liao [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

SP the wheel arcs also. That's one of the main culprit of road noise.

Bitumen is not good enough, it only dampens vibration. You have to lay another later of foam-based sheet over it to cut out the noise.

I did SP on the wheel arches of my previous car--Low cost, simple and effective way:

Get a can of the foam spray from hardware store. Pump into the void behind the wheel arch.

its a never ending process. once you SP that area, another area will give out noise. only do it if you have spare cash

It is just like finding fault with the car.

But the car is not at fault in the first place.

Accept the car as it is, nurture( maintain) it and the car will serve us as it is made.

There are many engineers in my office, and they are those that actually dont bother to modify their vehicle. They always said if you want powerful car buy one, if you want bifuel car (CNG) buy one factory built. All their cars are factory stock...

many people pay 60-70k for a car and expect merc that type of quality finishing.

it simply cannot be done.

look at the wiring behind the centre console of a mercs and a 60-70k bead n butter car. then you can see the way that the cables, wires, fittings of a mercs is simply excellent.

↡ Advertisement