Armed Forces Recruitment Ads from around the world

Genie47

First up our former colonial masters

The British Army set to Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream soundtrack This is a combination of many British ads for Army Navy and Airforce.

Australian Army

Great sense of history from their forefathers as the Diggers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99oYW75jkM

A contrast in recruitment ads. USMC vs Sweden's F

↡ Advertisement

On a related note, this is an Israeli ad for their reservist forces.

Not a recruitment ad.

It is a reminder for them to return their issued equipment so that they don't get into trouble with their laws!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDsHl6S0gg

Mwahahahaha. I wish we have one too for us to return all our stuff.

Now you know why I didn't mention ours?

I mean I watched ours and compared with all these. Even the Ukrainian Army ad was more honest even though it was like crap. [laugh]

Screw ours.

Even for Sweden who has not seen much combat action but took part in so many peacekeeping missions is able to convey a message based on reality. I know we do have hostile neighbors. Instead show what our men and women do for them instead of showing off tanks, gunships and fighters.

ya loh.. some how, there isn't any realism in Mindef's ads... it looked more like video games etc than a proper recruitment ad

There is one ad I didn't post because it is so ...... existentialistic or whatever. It is for Norways Forsvaret.

3 young adults are hanging around with their friends. One was with his motorcycle gang. One is a female with her prissy friends in a cafe and the other is this young fella playing basketball with his friends.

Then they stopped doing what they are doing and left. Like they realize their life is empty. Then they walked and as they walked they removed all their clothes until their undies like it shedding off the civvy attire and they come in front of the Forsvaret recruitment office.

I was like WTF! Sibeh cheem.