Good & Reliable Movers To Recommend?

Biatch

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys, i'm looking to move home and need recommendations for movers. I have quite a lot of heavy items (each weighing more than 60kg).

I've heard too many horror stories of irresponsible movers who damage your items and those who suddenly demand a top-up on the day of the move.

Will they help wrap your furniture or should I wrap them myself first?

Please do share your experience and the contact. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

I used Hercules Movers the last time I moved - not too sure if they are still around.

A lady came over first to make an assessment and give a non-obligatory quote. She took note of the items we were going to move and estimated for us the size and number of cardboard boxes we would need - they provided the boxes. She also counted the number of steps her men would have to climb and the distance from the nearest lift, and where we would be moving to.

On the day of the move, they came in two covered lorries with ten men at the agreed time (actually they were earlier but waited downstairs). All I had to do was passed over the keys to my new place to the supervisor (very jovial fellow), and he told me what time they would be at the new place. And he told me not to worry, they would take care of everything - that's it! They wrapped the mattresses and furniture with plastic sheets and placed cardboard at the corners of tables. My family and I went for our leisurely breakfast and left them to do their work.

We met them at the new place about five hours later. I briefed the supervisor the rooms and they started unloading the boxes. We marked our boxes prior to the move and they just moved them into the rooms accordingly - they were very fast and did'nt waste any time. Everyone knew what they had to do and they did it with a smiling face! Everything was done with military precision and very professionally - we were very impressed! [flowerface]

Shalom movers. Seriously good stuff.

My experience with them is not perfect but useable [laugh].

Regards,

Its important to use a reputable mover and I am not too sure some of those "ah peh" movers in the small classified ads qualifies. Not too long ago one of my staffs called one of those in the small classified ads to help her in her move. They agreed on a price and on the date. [:)]

On the day of move, the movers came as agreed and started moving her things downstairs to the carpark/void deck area. More than half-way through they said that she had too many items and wanted to be compensated more (something like 2x more), or they would leave! :o

She was left with little choice but to accede to their request as it was also threatening to rain. She was living alone. :mellow:

avoid the one man show or those small mover companies.........they are bad!

i have always liked to order those unique furniture/items for my home from the internet.usually the bulky ones i will get this mover that i got to know from yahoo auction (old site).he drives a blue korean lorry and his name is [email protected] was quite good until.........

so came a day when i had to move house 4 years ago.called him up and he said no problem.and that was when the problem all started!

he came to my house prior to the moving day to give me a quote.i found it reasonable as it was 300 plus and he said he will supply the manpower.i agreed.

on the moving day,he came in the late afternoon with just 2 bangla!i felt bad and i had to help.i also became the bangla and was moving my stuff from the 6th floor of the old house to under the bllk where the lorry was parked.KNN!

charles was upstairs with my wife and he gave my wife a snide remark as to why we had so many things and that she shud help him pass the boxes to the bangla at the main door!again KNN attitude from him!

to make matters worse,he had only small 1 lorry and he had to do 4 trips!

on the 3rd trip,he was grumbling and making a stoopid face! i told him to just shut up and do his work and its not like i was not paying him!

when it all ended,i actually pity him and asked him how much as a courtesy when i jolly well know its just 300 plus.his crapppy mouth said 500 plus! [rifle]

if i had a gun, i would have shot his mouth wide open! [mad]

Neutral Newbie

try Helping Hand

they are cheap and good, and it's for a good cause.

would they help themselves too with their hands to your things

actually if i am missing something i would not know

except for the larger items

my friends straight plant became a 90 degree plant

Supercharged

would they help themselves too with their hands to your things

don't trust then don't use lor.

get your family members to move for u then,

unless u don't trust them too,

then u DIY better.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks brothers. Will call them up for a quote.

Hopefully our items will remain intact after the move... always preferred to get things done myself. if only they weren't so heavy :P

avoid the one man show or those small mover companies.........they are bad!

i have always liked to order those unique furniture/items for my home from the internet.usually the bulky ones i will get this mover that i got to know from yahoo auction (old site).he drives a blue korean lorry and his name is [email protected] was quite good until.........

so came a day when i had to move house 4 years ago.called him up and he said no problem.and that was when the problem all started!

he came to my house prior to the moving day to give me a quote.i found it reasonable as it was 300 plus and he said he will supply the manpower.i agreed.

on the moving day,he came in the late afternoon with just 2 bangla!i felt bad and i had to help.i also became the bangla and was moving my stuff from the 6th floor of the old house to under the bllk where the lorry was parked.KNN!

charles was upstairs with my wife and he gave my wife a snide remark as to why we had so many things and that she shud help him pass the boxes to the bangla at the main door!again KNN attitude from him!

to make matters worse,he had only small 1 lorry and he had to do 4 trips!

on the 3rd trip,he was grumbling and making a stoopid face! i told him to just shut up and do his work and its not like i was not paying him!

when it all ended,i actually pity him and asked him how much as a courtesy when i jolly well know its just 300 plus.his crapppy mouth said 500 plus! [rifle]

if i had a gun, i would have shot his mouth wide open! [mad]

Oh man - that's bad! Already moving is so stressful, that's the last thing we want. Next time it is better to get a professional mover. They may cost more but its worth it. You only need to deal with the supervisor and he will do the rest. And they are not "light fingered" too.

Supersonic

Shalom movers. Seriously good stuff.

Not during certain month of the year! My experience - they dragged the desks inverted! Can imagine the scratches?

Thumb up for Elite , used them twice to move some item and they handled it very well. Always with two person and wrap all the things swee swee.

I always use small movers.... maybe coz I dun have any antiques or expensive designer furniture..... [:p]

One thing I liked about my small mover is that they are very flexible and not sticky on the number of boxes to be shifted..... coz w/o fail, my number of boxes or the no. of items to be moved will magically increase and while the "boss" will kpkb a little... he still moves them for me w/o extra charge. But still I will tip his workers like 10 bucks each for their help.... I used the same guy like 3 times already....

Go for Hercules Movers, if they're still around. I use them three times before,

very professional, on time, and a real bunch of nice guys as well. [thumbsup]

Hey guys, i'm looking to move home and need recommendations for movers. I have quite a lot of heavy items (each weighing more than 60kg).

I've heard too many horror stories of irresponsible movers who damage your items and those who suddenly demand a top-up on the day of the move.

Will they help wrap your furniture or should I wrap them myself first?

Please do share your experience and the contact. Thanks!