Worst Car Parks design in Singapore

Troyempire

Can add Tanglin Mall to the list - the spirals are damn narrow

Liang Court also gets my beef - literally sweat when driving my SUV previously...

The older ones like Pearl Centre - narrow everything

Now I buy car, I actually consider the width of the car as one of the criteria...

↡ Advertisement

wah...u really that free or u stay nearby??

so not really bad right...I drive to tat carpark at least once a month....once u get use to the Spiraling up trip, it is ok...

seriously most of the F.E building carparks are terrrible! :angry:

[laugh] yes.. totally agree.. not just their carpark screw up.. even mall layout also kanasai.. [furious]

Oh yes, TTSH basement. Really have to go damn slow...... Should enter from the Novena side. Easier ride down.

yes yes.. TTSH basement carpark is quite terrible also.. hump so high, spiral down so narrow, ride so low.. bua till nobody's business.. [:(]

For all new building, maybe due to space constraint that y no choice.. For those old buildings I think the reason might be...back in the days, most of the cars all tiny tiny de.. unlike now, wider and more spacy..

For me, I'm always super careful when I wanna TURN out from wisma carpark, the exit part at the bottom left is very dangerous sia.. 90 Degree.. tight tight..

Liang Court is the worst car park i have ever seen. *Sweat*

Kana bua before. My side door totally dented

Just went to 313 recently. Not tight though but the height is scary...1 level up is so steep

• Praise 1

When I was driving the silly car then.... wah danz.... bua until no tomoorow too :(

yes yes.. TTSH basement carpark is quite terrible also.. hump so high, spiral down so narrow, ride so low.. bua till nobody's business.. [:(]

Liang Court, even if I drive small hatchback, I slow like hell. Cant imagine SUVs.

Liang Court is the worst car park i have ever seen. *Sweat*

Kana bua before. My side door totally dented

Just went to 313 recently. Not tight though but the height is scary...1 level up is so steep

Yo folks, lets check it out which shopping centres or hotels got the worst car park design.

:wacko:

lets see who is the developer for the projects (shopping ctr/hotels)

My term of worst is the number of lots in the car park.

Anyone been to Orchard Central....

• Praise 1

Liang Court, even if I drive small hatchback, I slow like hell. Cant imagine SUVs.

Tell me about it - I used to drive a CX-7

While it's not the biggest SUV around, the corners are so tight that I literally have less than 10cm of clearance each side...

I will keep watch on my side while my CO will keep watch on her side to get in and out of the car park without any scratches :wacko:

Neutral Newbie

liang court used to freak me out, now i got used to it, both central car parks is just spiralling all the way, passengers who gets car sick, avoid at all cost.

orchard cineleisure entrance has this sharp drop when turning in, quite scary for thos whos cars are really low

worse designs i feel is those carparks with &*!(@&$!$ lot of humps, esp at gantry or slope areas.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I will vote for the following:

Top 3most challenging carpark in Singapore

1) The Central at Eu Tong Sen Street

The height and steepness of the revolving slope to the car park is top notch. Space was pretty tight too and there are no scenery to see. Makes you giddy.. How many floors did it goes? 7 or 8?

2) Shaw House

Space not built for today's car size. If you drive a SUV, you need 2 lots or else you can't open your doors to climb up! For me, I drove a sedan and have to crawl my way in from the passenger door!

3) Parkway Parade

Parking and turning is challenging. Tight bends and narrow path. Once you spotted a lot and you want to park, you have to keep checking for cars coming from in front, behind and side!

• Praise 1

Don't be so quick to blame the architects.

I spoke to an architect before and he said that they understand full well that the car parks may be narrow and some designs are simply illogical. However, these are designed in such a way because the client (developer) insist on it. Simply put, any space that they can't sell or rent out is wasted. So they will go with the legal minimum space for fire escapes etc and will try to design the car park in a way that can maximize the more profitable space.

For a car park, the entrance and exit and slopes are all non-sellable spaces that you can't even charge parking fees for. Obviously the developers will have the incentive to minimize the floor area devoted to such space. In the end, the car park design is seldom a deal breaker in property crazy Singapore, be it rental or purchase. Unless of course we are talking about super high end developments where supercars often prowl.

• Praise 1

Tactical teaming lol

My wife would always shout when I am in my E10, she would say.. Dear ah, si bei close to the left ah!!!

Tell me about it - I used to drive a CX-7

While it's not the biggest SUV around, the corners are so tight that I literally have less than 10cm of clearance each side...

I will keep watch on my side while my CO will keep watch on her side to get in and out of the car park without any scratches :wacko:

the narrowest MSCP has got to be Pandan Valley - hands down the worst and most difficult to manoeuvre

Have to agree with this. Not sure if it's the worst in Singapore but it's the worst in my experience - no other carpark mentioned on this list (note that I've been to many of them with a Cabstar lorry).

Visited relatives there once and stupidly tried to enter the MSCP because I wanted to park in the shade instead of the outdoor lots. Had a hard time manoeuvring but didn't end up parking there anyway because the indoor visitor lots were taken. My uncle was damn shocked that the lorry could even get in.

Later on, I visited again in a rented Lancer and tried the MSCP again - it was just as difficult as with the lorry.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2