Worst Car Parks design in Singapore

Troyempire

You must be working there or careful driver lah

This is more for first timer,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Tampines Street 33, the Neighbourhood Shopping Centre where there is Macdonald and Harvey Norman..

the MSCP, best in Singapore.

NINETY DEGREE NARROW TURN TO EXIT.

the wall already "bua" until cannot bua already.

Ya. Of all the carparks listed here that I have been too, I fully agree with this one (Tampines Mart). It is absolutely nuts. Have to see to believe. Designer ought to be shot. I think only motorbikes will love it.

Other 'favourites': Gleneagles Medical Centre. Tight, but still nowhere near the above.

OCBC Centre at Chulia Street. 1 side of the carpark building is so narrow only 1 vehicle can pass at any point, but it is bi-directional. Some more all traffic coming into and out of carpark MUST pass through those choke points. So as you approach that level you have to look at the mirror for oncoming traffic and stop to give way in advance. Or else both cars will kiss head on, and there will be a huge back up of traffic going down and going up. Some more the lots are so short, any car will 'stick out' at least 1/4 to 1/3, unless its a Mini Cooper. Making the lanes even narrower. Rush hours are seriously 'fun'.

The Central - I find it ok leh, it's one of my favourites actually cos the lots are nice and big. I think long steep spirals don't bother me. It's the impossible 90 degree turns that do, especially blind turns when you can't see who's coming around the corner. Shaw Centre also ok la, except the midget sized lots are quite hilarious. I think its designed in the 70s for cars of that era only.

I'm surprise no one mentioned abt Rocher carpark near Bugis. There is this particular part of the car park where it is usually empty because no1 can park in their car there. There are pillars all over the place and once the external row of car park is parked with car, the internal row will not be able to park any car because it is either block by the pillars or block by the car parked in front of them.

The location of the car park there is good because once u walked up the staircase, u will approach the traffic light, crossing toward to Fu Lu Shou but sometimes even when u see empty car park lot, u can't parked there because no room for the car to maneuvers.

Another bad design car park is the Plaza Sing car park. You have to gamble whether to go higher for a car park lots or praying that there are indeed car park lot in that level otherwise u have to turn all the way down to the exit and enter again to go higher up for empty car park lot. Therefore must observe carefully whether that level and below has a car park lot for you to park.

OCBC Centre at Chulia Street. 1 side of the carpark building is so narrow only 1 vehicle can pass at any point, but it is bi-directional. Some more all traffic coming into and out of carpark MUST pass through those choke points. So as you approach that level you have to look at the mirror for oncoming traffic and stop to give way in advance. Or else both cars will kiss head on, and there will be a huge back up of traffic going down and going up. Some more the lots are so short, any car will 'stick out' at least 1/4 to 1/3, unless its a Mini Cooper. Making the lanes even narrower. Rush hours are seriously 'fun'.

And to make things worse - there's a childcare on level 2 and that causes a jam during the morning peak and evening peak hours...sigh

when they design the carpark...they probably think everyone can drive very well without realising the fact that many don't and those who do may screw up on an unlucky day as well...ultimately they are also trying to put as many things inside a fixed area...so the problem arises....

Most building designs are like TV news casters. Wear Nice Nice on top but only wear shorts below.

The emphasis is on good shopping experience but little details for good car parking experience.

The best car park spacing has to be PSA Building.

1. BIG parking lot

2. Wide area even for 1 way only driveway.

For me, my worst carpark gotta be the MSCP beside Bukit merah Interchange. There's no kerb beside the wall when turning into the ramp, so if you misjudge your turning point, your car will scrap the wall instead of mounting onto a kerb.

That's golden land.

As the saying goes "an inch of land is worth thousand taels of gold", something like that lah.

I experience CP at CBD tighten that other areas- jus my general observations.

One good MSCP is at Margaret Drive, beside the NTUC. Very spacious ramp up/down and turning radius.

Oh yes, TTSH basement. Really have to go damn slow...... Should enter from the Novena side. Easier ride down.

This I agree.. The lucky part is they will show you left how far you still need to spiral to reach the gantry, so its like in my heart "hang on dude, you're reaching.. just abit more.."... Like running 2.4km IPPT test like that.. [laugh]

This I agree.. The lucky part is they will show you left how far you still need to spiral to reach the gantry, so its like in my heart "hang on dude, you're reaching.. just abit more.."... Like running 2.4km IPPT test like that.. [laugh]

oh? Have meh? That i can't remember...

Supercharged

my vote goes to -

1. novena sq (not sq2) b4 widening of up ramp - many bua marks. now oni left the down ramp dat cannot be widened liao.

2. shaw plaza - nothin wrong w ramp n driveway bu parkin lot is NARROWEST i've seen; think need sliding door car better (usually used to eat ino centre lot a bit so oni max 2 cars can park (tut tut developer miscalculated wahaha; next time must study human behavior ok?!)

3. 888 plaza at woodlands - narrow ramp & narrow driveway.

i'm ok w spirallin mscp cos it test my concentration; gg down even more concentration required!!! actually i i drive more relak den not gd for me cos i can get too relak n who knows wat kinda bug caught up w me :(

Supercharged

Most MSCPs are badly designed - I mean the Car park Lot - is just too small.

Even if your car wheels touches the Kerb - most family sedans have their front protruding out. Since we are taught not to touch the Kerb with our wheels, some Big cars have almost the whole front bonnet protruding.

And those Pillars that are smacked beside your Front Doors - It takes a contortionist to get out of the car.

And those Ramps that are so narrow you see so many scratch marks on the wall and kerb.

Even skidded in your MSCP ??

It makes me feel that they are design to inconvenience drivers.

wahaha... u spot on bro! now cp design like very shallow, even my cpt oso touchin front white line; n those pillars really can't position to front / thinner so can allow open front door!!!

thinkin again, i think the old Furama (or isit) oppo surb-courts has very narrow spiral ramp n driveway w lotsa columns!!! (now i got 4 votes)

Neutral Newbie

OC carpark is ok ma... not really that bad, New driver will be scare by the sharp turn, but seriously, after some though, those car that bang the side wall maybe due to after merry go round for a few floor than :wacko: liao, cant drive le.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone try Pandan Valley MSCP? Their side walls are very colorful !! [laugh] Worst, visitors must park at top level.

↡ Advertisement