Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
192 replies to this topic | 214 praises

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My 12 years old Sanyo fridge just "up lorry", any brand to go for/avoid and the reason?

My budget is S$1,000 and below, just a simple one will do.

Please advise. Thank you.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Tigerr1001
  • Tigerr1001
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just recently bought a Toshiba GR-R72MD. It is big and spacious. Nearly cant get pass the door to get into the kitchen. So, measure the size of the kitchen door before you buy if you are thinking of a big one unless your door is big.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My 12 years old Sanyo fridge just "up lorry", any brand to go for/avoid and the reason?

My budget is S$1,000 and below, just a simple one will do.

Please advise. Thank you.

Actually $1k is quite alot, really depends on the size needed. I suggest F&P, good at energy conservation. Pay a little more upfront, save on monthly electrical bills.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Actually $1k is quite alot, really depends on the size needed. I suggest F&P, good at energy conservation. Pay a little more upfront, save on monthly electrical bills.

F&P is American brand? Okay, noted . . . can check out later tonight.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I just recently bought a Toshiba GR-R72MD. It is big and spacious. Nearly cant get pass the door to get into the kitchen. So, measure the size of the kitchen door before you buy if you are thinking of a big one unless your door is big.

Oh yea, must note the dimension as well. Thanks for the reminder, bro.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

F&P is American brand? Okay, noted . . . can check out later tonight.

Fisher & Paykel (Not sure if the spelling is correct) :P
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

F&P is australia brand me think.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Jermy
  • Premium member
    Jermy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thumbsup.gif F&P is good

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your Sanyo lasted 12 years and you consider another brand?

Where is the brand loyalty?

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Uhmm... you still can find Sanyo?

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

sweatdrop.gif I thought I try some other brands.

Aiyoh . . . now where got such thing as loyalty? laugh.gif Sounds like some kind of triad. lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe they last so long so no repeat business until cannot sell any more?

Bad strategy.

that pollute the earth

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Uhmm... you still can find Sanyo?

Huh?? Boh liao meh? sweatdrop.gif

what happened to them?

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sweatdrop.gif I thought I try some other brands.

Aiyoh . . . now where got such thing as loyalty? laugh.gif Sounds like some kind of triad. lipsrsealed.gif

I am just joking bro! biggrin.gif

These days electrical things dun last so long anymore.

They dun make them like they used to.

that pollute the earth

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

thumbsup.gif F&P is good

Didn't know that F&P is good . . . but will give it serious thoughts as many brudders here mentioned this brand.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hoppie24
  • Premium member
    Hoppie24
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i am using Fisher & Pykel and i swore by it! Best consumption rating and reliability in it's class :)
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Huh?? Boh liao meh? sweatdrop.gif

what happened to them?

Think they stopped selling fridges in Singapore, but don't quote me on that.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i am using Fisher & Pykel and i swore by it! Best consumption rating and reliability in it's class :)

Huh!! You another one! Wah lao, F&P is that good?

I was thinking of getting a sushi fridge all these time . . . blink.gif

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yep, Sanyo no longer selling fridge here.

http://www.sanyo.sg/...ance/index.html

Anyway, how many Japanese products are still made in Japan nowadays? Most from China or Thailand.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If Sanyo lasted 12 years, my next fridge will be a Sanyo.

Anyone's F&P lasted more than 12 years?

Alamak not making anymore.

Built to last until never break down and

no repeat biz. Really bad strategy.

Edited by Jamesc, 05 July 2010 - 05:31 PM.

that pollute the earth

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Refrigerator, conked, please and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users