Refrigerator conked out, please recommend.

Vroomtattat

I think is samsung... [sweatdrop]

wah bro then your fridge when open got files fly out anot? [sweatdrop]

Hitachi brand?

My Hitachi fridge is a lemon from day 1. The gasket is "loose", small flies can go inside too.

↡ Advertisement

I think is samsung... [sweatdrop]

wah bro then your fridge when open got files fly out anot? [sweatdrop]

all went in but frozen inside. [laugh] Until now, I still can't figure out how they "penetrate" in 'cos even if the seal is not tight enough, the gap is too tight for flies to go in unless they land at the door seal area, then wriggle themselves in.

Edited by Kangadrool

Thanks bro...maybe later go back check again. Coz did make sure nothing is blocking the door, as only the top part (usually the egg tray section) cannot be close properly, thus the button like thingy cannot be activated and cold air not coming out...

The button-like thingy is a switch to turn off the interior lamp, when the door is closed, and does not control the air flow. And therefore would not affect the cold air blowing out.

[i am saying this because whenever I open the door, cold air would be blowing out if the blower fan is in the "ON" cycle.]

With the door open, try pressing this button with your finger. The interior lamp would goes off when the button is pressed in .

Maybe the egg tray was not properly mounted. Try removing the egg tray, and see whether the door can close completely.

hmmm...you the man bro! will try it tonight! [thumbsup]

The button-like thingy is a switch to turn off the interior lamp, when the door is closed, and does not control the air flow. And therefore would not affect the cold air blowing out.

[i am saying this because whenever I open the door, cold air would be blowing out if the blower fan is in the "ON" cycle.]

With the door open, try pressing this button with your finger. The interior lamp would goes off when the button is pressed in .

Maybe the egg tray was not properly mounted. Try removing the egg tray, and see whether the door can close completely.

wah... [sweatdrop] but is those fruit flies size right bro? if not scary leh...think your gasket got 1 big lobang...hehe [:p]

all went in but frozen inside. [laugh] Until now, I still can't figure out how they "penetrate" in 'cos even if the seal is not tight enough, the gap is too tight for flies to go in unless they land at the door seal area, then wriggle themselves in.

hmmm...you the man bro! will try it tonight! [thumbsup]

If the door can close completely, and the cold air is not blowing or very weak, try the next step.

Is the freezer cold ? The lower compartment is not cold, cold air not blowing ?

If this is the case, "reboot" the fridge ---> turn off the fridge, leave the door wide open overnight [you can decide what you like to do with the contents in the fridge [:)]]. There is a possibility that ice had form up and block the internal air passage between the freezer and lower compartment. Let the ice defrost over the night. Turn on the fridge the next morning. Close the door and monitor for cold air blowing about 30mins later.

Hope your fridge get well soon :D .

• Praise 1

yeah...Thanks bro! [thumbsup]

If the door can close completely, and the cold air is not blowing or very weak, try the next step.

If this is the case, "reboot" the fridge ---> turn off the fridge, leave the door wide open overnight [you can decide what you like to do with the contents in the fridge [:)]]. There is a possibility that ice had form up and block the internal air passage between the freezer and lower compartment. Let the ice defrost over the night. Turn on the fridge the next morning. Close the door and monitor for cold air blowing about 30mins later.

yeah...Thanks bro! [thumbsup]

how old your fridge bro?

mine is like that and i notice stuffs were getting not fresh by the days.

in the end is the efficiency of fridge that is running low on. Dumped it and realize how good the new fridge is.

I bought a Sharp and to me at that time, is the most value for money. [thumbsup]

....waa, you sounds like expert....yes this is the way to test it out

I think about 7-8years liao...nowadays appliances not that lasting. -_-

how old your fridge bro?
mine is like that and i notice stuffs were getting not fresh by the days.

in the end is the efficiency of fridge that is running low on. Dumped it and realize how good the new fridge is.

I bought a Sharp and to me at that time, is the most value for money. [thumbsup]

....waa, you sounds like expert....yes this is the way to test it out

Just sharing, not expert. Encountered similar situation [cold air not blowing] about 8 yrs ago, with our GE fridge [about 4yrs old at that time]. Instead of spending money to buy a new fridge, just try to trouble-shoot by trial & error. Fortunately, the fridge recovered and is still working for us. Hoping for more good years.

Nice sharing, will keep this in mind in case my conk out in the future [thumbsup]

Never know fridge can "reboot" [laugh][laugh]

For a moment I thought you were joking. Luckily you never say reinstall the fridge [:p]

If anyone has a fridge that is getting a little warmer by the day and you have an "automatic" fridge, you might have a dead heater.

In an automatic defrost fridge, there is a heater that works off a typically 8 hr timer. This heater melts the ice that formed on the cooling coil.

If the heater stopped functioning, the ice just gets bigger and more covering the coil, reducing the cooling effect.

Nice sharing, will keep this in mind in case my conk out in the future [thumbsup]

Never know fridge can "reboot" [laugh][laugh]

For a moment I thought you were joking. Luckily you never say reinstall the fridge [:p]

High tech fridge comes with ctl, alt and del button... Hehehe..

Manage to rectify my fridge without changing the rubber gasket. Fault comes from the detached gasket of lower door frame due to frequent opening/closing of fridge. Also duno why so lousy can come out... [:|]

Wipe down the door frame as well as the rubber gasket areas. There after use this

201310281126503HG0MBOFZSOYX_220x160.jpg

and seal up all gaps that can be seen. Tried shutting it and viola! but waited for about 2hr+ before opening the fridge door. [thumbsup] Now ok liaoz. Hope can last for a few good years more before I buy a new one to replace it.

Bros who has similar problem as mine can try this method. Cheaper to use this than calling the repairman. [sunny]

• Praise 1

Acme - dont know if this brand is still around. Used 30+ years.

Only just konked out last month.

Replaced with Samsung cos it looks cool.

Are you referring to Acma (not Acme)? This brand has disappeared from the market for a long long time. I just acquired a Samsung fridge yesterday too after my present Samsung fridge knocked off after 6 years due to a compressor problem. A new compressor costs $600 plus and the warranty for it is only one month and there is no guarantee that the new one or other parts will fail after this. In the end, had to get another side-by-side fridge but this one is Made in Korea plus it comes with a 10 year warranty for the digital invertor compressor.

↡ Advertisement