Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 6 praises

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guys, I have a problem here......

my current Indo maid who has followed me for 4 years wants to go home. Great maid, no complaints, only compliments thumbsup.gif

we employed a Myanmar maid and she is currently understudying the Indo maid.

Problem:

Myanmar maid Cons: really cannot speak english.....real comms issue here.....not quite intelligent so not much cmmon sense power
Myanmar maid Pros: very hard working, willing to learn,

New Indo maid Pros: Ah Ma can speak a bit of Malay so solve the comms issue
New Indo maid Cons: take a risk on the character part

Should we train the Myanmar maid to speak English by giving intensive English lessons, maybe in DVD form
or
Should we go get an Indo maid?

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Salmon
  • Salmon
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Language...can learn and master
Attitude...quite difficult to change especially it is "born with it"
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Fantasy
  • Fantasy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

communication the the most important. however it also depends on whether the maid will take effort to communicate with you or read your mind.

my previous phi maid has perfect english but whenever i tried to talk to her (not scolding) friendly, she either walked away or ignored me with little response. she hardly talked to me too. then one fine day i got really angry with her keeping talking over hand phone. talked to her about the issue friendly but she chose to ignore me. no choice but to send her back to agent because i have small children at home but this hand phone kept distracting her work and attention. later she blamed me not telling her directly that hand phone was not allowed but it was too late already. it's pity that she stayed with me for 8 months but still could not clearly understand what i meant, even language is not an issue. so it really depends on the character of the maid. does she try to communicate and understand you and your instruction, or try to stay alone and hide somewhere else all the time.

i think you should consider that assuming there is no language barrier, which maid is more willing to communicate with you and listen to you. you may decide based on this. language is a tool and she can always learn, but only for the people who wants to make good use of it.

Edited by Fantasy, 06 July 2010 - 01:11 PM.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Ngck
  • Premium member
    Ngck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

communication the the most important. however it also depends on whether the maid will take effort to communicate with you or read your mind.

my previous phi maid has perfect english but whenever i tried to talk to her (not scolding) friendly, she either walked away or ignored me with little response. she hardly talked to me too. then one fine day i got really angry with her keeping talking over hand phone. talked to her about the issue friendly but she chose to ignore me. no choice but to send her back to agent because i have small children at home but this hand phone kept distracting her work and attention. later she blamed me not telling her directly that hand phone was not allowed but it was too late already. it's pity that she stayed with me for 8 months but still could not clearly understand what i meant, even language is not an issue. so it really depends on the character of the maid. does she try to communicate and understand you and your instruction, or try to stay alone and hide somewhere else all the time.

i think you should consider that assuming there is no language barrier, which maid is more willing to communicate with you and listen to you. you may decide based on this. language is a tool and she can always learn, but only for the people who wants to make good use of it.

busy talking to bangala... where got time for you...
People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why you never consider Pinos? Off day problem? Can nego one.
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

Fantasy
  • Fantasy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

busy talking to bangala... where got time for you...

think she just chitchat with her pinay maid friends because she never talked in english over phone. can bangala speak tagalog? in fact she got bachelor degree and quite pride so i dont think she will mess up with bangala. but anway it made me annoyed enough to send her back.

Edited by Fantasy, 06 July 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Fantasy
  • Fantasy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

since he has good experience with his previous indo maid, i do suggest him to continue using indo maid. they sure share many similarities, although wont be the same. chance of working out will be higher.

fil maids are very different from indo. apart from off day, they have higher demand for equality and freedom, they are very pride, less (or not) obedient, and much less hardworking comparing to indo maid. some (not all) speak good english although they may not bother to talk to you. they are generally smarter but not a pros if used at wrong place. if you are used to and like indo maid, i feel it's very difficult to move to fil maid. however i heard good stories when ppl move from fil maid to indo maid. in another word, fil maids are "happy, play, enjoy life" type and indo maids are "workhorse".

Myanmar maids are known to be stubborn and high maintenance cost (easily broken). character wise they are generally sit between fil and indo maid. again, it takes time and effort to get used to them, if you can.

Edited by Fantasy, 06 July 2010 - 03:25 PM.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

We have a pinoy maid for 4 yrs and she is leaving us for further study. Now we are getting another pinoy maid cos we think Indo maids are more vain and will do anything funny behind your back. They are usually the target for bangala which we heard and see too much. There was once when I was driving and stopped at a traffic light, there was an indo maid sitting behind his employer car which just stopped next to mine. When I look at the maid, she wink at me, OMG. My wife was then sitting next to me and I told her about it. When I wife turned to look at her, she quickly hid herself. Haha, my wife and I just laugh it off. laugh.gif

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

We have a pinoy maid for 4 yrs and she is leaving us for further study. Now we are getting another pinoy maid cos we think Indo maids are more vain and will do anything funny behind your back. They are usually the target for bangala which we heard and see too much. There was once when I was driving and stopped at a traffic light, there was an indo maid sitting behind his employer car which just stopped next to mine. When I look at the maid, she wink at me, OMG. My wife was then sitting next to me and I told her about it. When I wife turned to look at her, she quickly hid herself. Haha, my wife and I just laugh it off. laugh.gif

errrr................. if you don't mind, go down to Lucky Plaza on Sunday and you will see plenty of Bangala with Pinoy....... you might catch your maid there also .... lipsrsealed.gif

TPY Hub also a lot of Bangala & Pinoy on Sunday. They are hugging, kissing and raba raba at the staircases on the top floor of MSCP....... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Indon still better as in contract, tell her that no 'off' days (pay her of cause)..... Mine is Indon maid.... smile.gif

Pinoy contract must have 'off' day & no washing of car ...... sad.gif

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tried out a few maids in the past both indo and filipino, and this is my observation. Nowadays, as in any job, the attitude of the worker has really changed.

In the past, people are more hard-working and accepting of the job situation. Objective is to earn salary for a living, or support the family, etc.

Nowadays, some maids don't know how to behave like an employee should - hence, all the "communication" problems, etc. Likewise, maids also know how to choose employer these days. They know that working for rich family, living in condo or bungalow with all the facilities, is definitely much better than having to slave away doing the same job in a little pigeon-hole HDB flat. So sometimes when the maid shows "attitude" problem, it's because they are pressurising you to return them to the agency where they get another shot at clinching a better (i.e. more comfortable, high-class, whatever...) household.

My opinion is that in general, filipino maids are more likely to be more "educated" and so will give you more attitude problems. Myanmar and Indo, on the other hand, have other problems related to superstition, which leads them to try funny things at your home etc. Yes, it happens!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nego like you bring her out on her off day (one to one) ...... sly.gif cool.gif

OK lar........... I sacrifice my sunday to bring her out ....... tongue.gif tongue.gif

Edited by Picnic06, 06 July 2010 - 04:58 PM.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tried out a few maids in the past both indo and filipino, and this is my observation. Nowadays, as in any job, the attitude of the worker has really changed.

In the past, people are more hard-working and accepting of the job situation. Objective is to earn salary for a living, or support the family, etc.

Nowadays, some maids don't know how to behave like an employee should - hence, all the "communication" problems, etc. Likewise, maids also know how to choose employer these days. They know that working for rich family, living in condo or bungalow with all the facilities, is definitely much better than having to slave away doing the same job in a little pigeon-hole HDB flat. So sometimes when the maid shows "attitude" problem, it's because they are pressurising you to return them to the agency where they get another shot at clinching a better (i.e. more comfortable, high-class, whatever...) household.

My opinion is that in general, filipino maids are more likely to be more "educated" and so will give you more attitude problems. Myanmar and Indo, on the other hand, have other problems related to superstition, which leads them to try funny things at your home etc. Yes, it happens!

Indon maids more of age problem...... sweatdrop.gif

stated on passport 23 but when arrived in SG, they look more like 17 to 19 yrs..... furious.gif

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I would prefer the myanmar maid...

thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would prefer the myanmar maid...

thumbsup.gif

This is my view... ph34r.gif

Myanmmar maids tend to work better in a Buddhist families than any other families as seen with my friend maid. Maybe they feel at home working with such families..... sly.gif

Myanmmar are Buddhist.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Four4s
  • Four4s
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Stick with the Myanmar maid. Have experience all 3 nationalities. Personally will not ever hire pinoy again (too street smart and also kenna theft in the house before), Indonesian maid is hit and miss... got some very good and some lazy, depending on their background (e.g. kampung or city)... everything on their CV for Indonesian maid cannot be trusted including age... so is really hit and miss. Myanmar maid got huge language barrier but is very hardworking and importantly, honest... also willing to learn.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Pinoy contract must have 'off' day & no washing of car ...... sad.gif

Sure or not? Think you are not updated lah. My car everyday wash also can but I didnt want to. Water is precious. tongue.gif

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

OK lar........... I sacrifice my sunday to bring her out ....... tongue.gif tongue.gif

You sure bo? Every weekend you come and bring her out, I will be more than happy. sunny.gif

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suggest that you get your maids trained first, doesnt really matter which nationality they are, whats important is that they are trained properly. I know a maid agency that takes their time to train their maid, before sending them to houses and families, I dont know if this will be of help to you, but you can try looking here http://nationmaidagencyjurong.com

Seems you are keen to recommend that agency and in another thread one member suggests you are doing FOC advt. How many years did you use that agency?

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suggest that you get your maids trained first, doesnt really matter which nationality they are, whats important is that they are trained properly. I know a maid agency that takes their time to train their maid, before sending them to houses and families, I dont know if this will be of help to you, but you can try looking here http://nationmaidagencyjurong.com

Nation doesnt mean good

Depend on maid character and ur luck lol
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Myanmar, Maid, change, Indo and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users