Matte black paint job

Ssbcc

hello, you are giving the wrong info. the stickers do not come in standard size.

I guess 'standard size' meaning the width of the roll.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

But I suppose matte surface would increase the drag and therefore affect performance (may be just marginally).

Don't think so la, the typical race cars are plastered with loads of stickers which are same vinyl stickers anyway... There's always the aftermarket AMUSE carbon fibre lip/wings/bodykit, lowered HKS Hipermax III Sports suspension, lightened Robson Design carbon fibre body and the Atkins diet that will help any driver lose 20-30kg. That should be able to off-set the cost of vanity...

Edited by Zangetsu77

For sticker type, I assume no need to wash?

A wash and wax boss once told me that even matte black sticker cars MUST BE WAXED!! [knife]

I really won't know, but was told that clear water should be able to clear the dirt. I guess SG Jiao Sai can still stick to plastic material...

Out of curiosity, how do people maintain or detail matte paint or matte stickers?

Cool maybe, but I still prefer my car to be glossy & shiny. [:p]

matt stickers do not need to be polished. if you like polishing, then glossy stickers is for you.

Yeah, there's one Matte Black sticker GTR in SG, also featured on NAGTROC. There's even a Pink GTR (Donut King GTR, don't think there's Matte Pink, cos Pink is just Pink) ard in SG, and also a Green one.

I wanted to do Matte Black sticker, but was told by the sticker man himself it's really a hassle and better off spray painting, due to the fact the there'll be visible lines on the joints of the stickers, and near the hot areas, stickers won't last.

Then Matte Black paint, was told you need to find Ah Long, who works for Lambo apparently. But Looong waiting time...

try genconcept or dfm.

Neutral Newbie

Please consider that a matte black surface heats up faster than a shiny surface during the day. In the night, it loses heat faster though.

From Primary School Science....

Wrapping matt black of a lamborghini cause about 2k if smaller maybe cheap lor but it take 5days and above. I think got paint service for matt black u can go try maybe cheap

Neutral Newbie

Bro, forget it.Matt black is NOT aprroved.will get summons frm LTA, subsequently court if u do not comply.it is deemed not reflective at night, thus dangerous.

Bro, forget it.Matt black is NOT aprroved.will get summons frm LTA, subsequently court if u do not comply.it is deemed not reflective at night, thus dangerous.

How sad... Not enough collections i guess... Even lorries kenna road block these days for carrying too much passengers... [:p]

Ypu know who brightly lighted our roads are. Well, not that it matters to me. If like that how about those SAF vehicles, all matte color one?

Wrapping matt black of a lamborghini cause about 2k if smaller maybe cheap lor but it take 5days and above. I think got paint service for matt black u can go try maybe cheap

Genconcept qouted mi 2.5K to wrap my mini mazda 2 :angry:

Genconcept qouted mi 2.5K to wrap my mini mazda 2 :angry:

On a positive note, you can now claim your paint job is more expensive than Lambo.

On a positive note, you can now claim your paint job is more expensive than Lambo.

itz okie though coz i didnt do it [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Yea..ur rite, but I guess SAF has a tactical reasons to do so, the very reason y we can't 'matt black' or any matte for the reason.saf vehicles need to b 'stealth' looking for fear of enemy in times of war.but if u do it, first time is summons, den inspection, 2nd time summons, den inspection,3rd time court and vehicle compound, I know this cause I called LTA hotline to enquire sometime in NOV 09.I believe the rule still apply as there are no ammenments on the LTA website.

Yea..ur rite, but I guess SAF has a tactical reasons to do so, the very reason y we can't 'matt black' or any matte for the reason.saf vehicles need to b 'stealth' looking for fear of enemy in times of war.but if u do it, first time is summons, den inspection, 2nd time summons, den inspection,3rd time court and vehicle compound, I know this cause I called LTA hotline to enquire sometime in NOV 09.I believe the rule still apply as there are no ammenments on the LTA website.

Are you pretty sure?

I am able to do something to my car, if against the law then i wont do it.

dun wan to get fine. and have to do something to remedy it. waste $$

↡ Advertisement