Matte black paint job

Ssbcc

Neutral Newbie

Are you pretty sure?

I am able to do something to my car, if against the law then i wont do it.

dun wan to get fine. and have to do something to remedy it. waste $$

Yes I'm very sure.late last year I went to Car Beauty n ask about the paint job.A guy named Lunatik (or is it Yusman I can't remember) told me about this ruling, just to keep me inform but he said if I still wanna do it den he can still do it.but, being the skeptical guys/gals we all are, I decided to go further by directly calling the relevant authoriting body.and voil

↡ Advertisement

Stupid LTA rulz, when considering some automaker are offering matte black as foctory option.

Like the Ford RS500

There is also a new paint called "fozen grey", which is like matte, which is a factory option for BMW as well.

Frozen Grey M3

whole car body can reflect AT LEAST 70% of light from the body..

Ask LTA to find a car that cannot reflect light.. I want to buy.

invisiblecar.jpg

(no light reflected = invisible) [cool]

Neutral Newbie

LTA ruling very grey. Matte black spray may or may not be approved. But matte black wrap is okay...

Genconcept qouted mi 2.5K to wrap my mini mazda 2 :angry:

good workmanship is never cheap. they got a bunch of filipinos to wrap for you.

Wah . . frozen grey very chio leh. :wub:

Looks like the colour of my new titanium silver fridge [laugh]

Tell to tell people that you have new Titanium sliver Fridge is it. [laugh]

Supercharged

to all,

i have just called up LTA with regards to matt black paint job.

it is legal, no concern at all.

woo, i'm going to change mine to matt black then

Neutral Newbie

to all,

i have just called up LTA with regards to matt black paint job.

it is legal, no concern at all.

woo, i'm going to change mine to matt black then

Bro, dun do la. You curse and swear after 2 bird bomb! [laugh]

Supercharged

Bro, dun do la. You curse and swear after 2 bird bomb! [laugh]

really? why?

care to share more.

what i intend to do is matt black on top and side while side skirting another color.

like that, hard to maintain?

Well I am running around in my matte lime green for a yr. It cost me 800 to wrap my car at Serangoon first centre seond floor. It is nice and I love it alot. Some xmm even try posing in front of my car and start taking pictures. haha

Wash? I have only wash my car 2 times over tha last 1yr.

Lines? erm yes I do have a few. but i can assure you, you wont see the line unless u look at it very specifically. That because the line are more all less idden at the corners. there are line not because the sticker is nit big nought and u have to join, rather at some very awkward corners when it is impossible to join, they use mutiple sticker.

TP? none... I even went down to inspection. very thing alright.

exhaust pipe? So far so good, a few cuts, but they are at the bottom i can live with it and who cares abt the area anyway.

Only thing to note? take care of yr car after wrapping , away from geen eyes. there is long deep line in my front bonnet after the 1st week. sigh.

Bird s--t? *#@%!!! yes unaturely alot of birdshit, aim specificaly at my car due to the bright colours.

Supercharged

Well I am running around in my matte lime green for a yr. It cost me 800 to wrap my car at Serangoon first centre seond floor. It is nice and I love it alot. Some xmm even try posing in front of my car and start taking pictures. haha

Wash? I have only wash my car 2 times over tha last 1yr.

Lines? erm yes I do have a few. but i can assure you, you wont see the line unless u look at it very specifically. That because the line are more all less idden at the corners. there are line not because the sticker is nit big nought and u have to join, rather at some very awkward corners when it is impossible to join, they use mutiple sticker.

TP? none... I even went down to inspection. very thing alright.

exhaust pipe? So far so good, a few cuts, but they are at the bottom i can live with it and who cares abt the area anyway.

Only thing to note? take care of yr car after wrapping , away from geen eyes. there is long deep line in my front bonnet after the 1st week. sigh.

Bird s--t? *#@%!!! yes unaturely alot of birdshit, aim specificaly at my car due to the bright colours.

[thumbsup]

steady, i'm going for matt paint work. will it be different with sticker?

like i said, i'm thinking of matt black on 3/4 of the car, then skirting another color.

hope to be glossy orange but too costy if i were to do 2 tone..

so likely to be matt orange too

Matt/murdered black is so 2010.

Get the Frozen black or grey better lah. I seen a car (BMW M3) in Frozen grey before. looks very sick.

Frozen Black

2011-BMW-Frozen-Black-Edition-M3-Coupe-With-a-Combination-Black-Paint-and-Shiny-Metallic-5.jpg

Frozen grey

4710229510_36ffb8e87a.jpg

↡ Advertisement