Kia K5

Tohto

Like this??.. Hehehhe..

kia-k5-china-pink-cobra-1.jpg

Thailand alot of pink cabs. Haha.

Anyway, why cant memorize the road? Reliance on gps would only make you rely more in future. Its a good to have, but once you holland a few times without it you will carve the road directions in your mind.

↡ Advertisement

That one in SGCM is just a GPS unit of some kind that link to in-car system I think. The Eurostyle head unit offered by C&C for KIAs are a total head unit swap.

I assumed the latest Optima would be using a small color screen akin to that of the Cerato, but it seems what you experienced is similar to what I saw in a 2014 i40 estate last year. Except orange.

Apart from no GPS because no nav screen, that baseline head unit should at least have bluetooth and phone linking, sufficient for normal use. Then just get a external GPS unit imo.

Yeah it has the standard Bluetooth and phone uplink. Not sure if I want an external GPS unit. My dad gave the sales agent a call and he says the GPS unit is only $200+. I doubt it's the Eurostyle head unit though...

When you say total heat unit swap, then does the Eurostyle have all the Bluetooth and phone link plus mp3 USB aux etc?

Thailand alot of pink cabs. Haha.

Anyway, why cant memorize the road? Reliance on gps would only make you rely more in future. Its a good to have, but once you holland a few times without it you will carve the road directions in your mind.

Sorry I cannot... hahaha... just will 'holland', especially if I never go for a while... that's me... 'holland king'... in army, topo get zero...

Sorry I cannot... hahaha... just will 'holland', especially if I never go for a while... that's me... 'holland king'... in army, topo get zero...

Then you will need a darn good gps, not sure which is the perfect one, but last time I used a $400+ garmin gps and its so annoying I stopped using. Now gothere.sg is my friend every time I go to somewhere unfamiliar.

Then you will need a darn good gps, not sure which is the perfect one, but last time I used a $400+ garmin gps and its so annoying I stopped using. Now gothere.sg is my friend every time I go to somewhere unfamiliar.

My best friend is Google Maps. Always updated.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yeah it has the standard Bluetooth and phone uplink. Not sure if I want an external GPS unit. My dad gave the sales agent a call and he says the GPS unit is only $200+. I doubt it's the Eurostyle head unit though...

When you say total heat unit swap, then does the Eurostyle have all the Bluetooth and phone link plus mp3 USB aux etc?

I think it's compatible with the original car ports, being designed for the KIA cars but don't quote me on that

I think it's compatible with the original car ports, being designed for the KIA cars but don't quote me on that

Just got an SMS from the KIA sales lady...

K5 Optima at $114,000 for a $38,000 COE rebate & $111,000 for a $30,000 COE rebate. Price really good now...

Just got an SMS from the KIA sales lady...

K5 Optima at $114,000 for a $38,000 COE rebate & $111,000 for a $30,000 COE rebate. Price really good now...

38k rebate is quite low, they are probably intending to bid around 45k. Good if COE drops big again next round.

38k rebate is quite low, they are probably intending to bid around 45k. Good if COE drops big again next round.

actually C&C is playing a good strategies here to attract those buyer who want to buy soon but still waiting for the COE to drop. Current COE is $38,610, imagine if i buy the platinum package, COE rebate at $38,000  i no need to worry that the COE drop because i can get rebate. For example if the COE drop to $34,000, buyer can get back $4000 and you can get car faster because you already entered the market. Rather then you wait the COE drop $4000 and C&C drop the selling then you start enter the market.

And also if you think that the COE will drop more than 3K then go for platinum because you will be paying less than you get the standard package where the rebate is at 31K.

Test drive Kia Optima yesterday.  The car looks nice both front and back.   Engine sound is abit loud during acceleration and have gear shift is abit un-even. The front display is disappointing.  The screen is so small and the wordings has only 1 colour - Red.  I always thought red signify danger.

The back seats are comfortable and have ample space.

However, at $112K, it seems like a good choice compared to other Jap and Korean brands.

Test drive Kia Optima yesterday.  The car looks nice both front and back.   Engine sound is abit loud during acceleration and have gear shift is abit un-even. The front display is disappointing.  The screen is so small and the wordings has only 1 colour - Red.  I always thought red signify danger.

The back seats are comfortable and have ample space.

However, at $112K, it seems like a good choice compared to other Jap and Korean brands.

i cannot stand kia engine noise.. the interior noise is too loud.. the sound is like inside my ears, cannot concentrate wen driving, and not comfortable for ears as its noisy..but dont deny k5 hv spacious back seats...

Edited by Fruit-tart

Go test drive to find out lo

Free upgrade this weekend to mz6 luxury if u have 50% to down. Same price.

Cheese..... 1yr plus ago back i went to their showroom and see see the mazda 6. Was unimpressed by the cramped rear and cheaper looking interior than most of its competition then.

Maybe i went in with high expectations as i see the nice curves. Nice exterior.

Maybe i saw was the super bare stripped down version bah.

But cb. Any decent 2.0cc or mid sized sedan in this class should at least have a more decent interior and better seats mah.

5 mins later i was out of the showroom. No need testdrive.... even with supee handling also useless to me liao.

Maybe its just me. Interior plays a big part nowadays

Cheese..... 1yr plus ago back i went to their showroom and see see the mazda 6. Was unimpressed by the cramped rear and cheaper looking interior than most of its competition then.

But cb. Any decent 2.0cc or mid sized sedan in this class should at least have a more decent interior and better seats mah.

5 mins later i was out of the showroom. No need testdrive.... even with supee handling also useless to me liao.

then u should probably go again and see the FL 6..... the interior is much improved

• Praise 1

then u should probably go again and see the FL 6..... the interior is much improved

Nah. That was when i changed to another 2nd hand ride liao.

Next car target others liao

Surprise they still didn't improve on the engine sound. Six years back, I tested manual Avante and Forte, also cannot tahan the rough and noisy engine. [bigcry] Imagine 2.5K rpm you already start to feel irritated...

• Praise 1

Yeap. Those unclish sedans suit u better.

Mazda has always been basing emphasis on e driver position, not the back seat, and it's uniformed across e range.

Then again if someone is fun size den perhaps they are ok, like e japs.

Yeap. Those unclish sedans suit u better.

Mazda has always been basing emphasis on e driver position, not the back seat, and it's uniformed across e range.

Then again if someone is fun size den perhaps they are ok, like e japs.

Indeed i m turning uncleish liao. Hehe

i cannot stand kia engine noise.. the interior noise is too loud.. the sound is like inside my ears, cannot concentrate wen driving, and not comfortable for ears as its noisy..but dont deny k5 hv spacious back seats...

Haha. You very ar-tas and high class. Car interior noisy cannot concentrate.

↡ Advertisement