Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
106 replies to this topic | 370 praises

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am watching the television now....Channel 8....I saw an advert for a variety show which the chef move to some ulu place for cooking...then I thought didn't I saw something similar done by the koreans recently on out free to air channel as well ???? we really having a brain drain that we almost copying all the variety show from other countries???? shakehead.gif shakehead.gif sad shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You mean you still watch Mediacorpse shows? Gave up their channels long ago. biggrin.gif

Edited by Fcw75, 11 July 2010 - 11:01 PM.

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

NO !!!!
1 Anonymous member praised this
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Marvelicious
  • Premium member
    Marvelicious
    5th Gear
    Author Image

haha, and here i am thinking that it was a novel idea to bring these chefs to picturesque countryside and have them do their cooking for the villages. didn't know that it was yet another copied idea!

gosh, we are wasting our tv licence.

first we have "celebrities" bringing tour groups overseas and making a show of it. seriously, who really bother about them???

then, we have sub-standard and below par ch8 serials that have the same plot.

now, we see copied ideas from overseas (which i am sure they have done many times before).

and i thought we are paying tv licence to watch good quality programmes?

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think Mediacorp long ago give up liao. Pander to those poor folks with no cable.

It's like a pity channel. No cable? Watch our crap.

rolleyes.gif

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

Jp66
  • Jp66
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think Mediacorp long ago give up liao. Pander to those poor folks with no cable.

It's like a pity channel. No cable? Watch our crap.

rolleyes.gif

Oh I see rolleyes.gif , no wonder Mediacorp did not charge sillyporean per channel basis. lipsrsealed.gif
知足常乐
行到水穷处 坐看云起时

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i was watching the taiwanese eating programme....ha ha ha....just finished... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Ssbcc
  • Ssbcc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Our medicacorp has a long history of "importing" ideas.
Remember when first started making drama serials, the directors etc were from HK.
Now try to copy the Taiwanese (who in turn copy the Japanese) in those vairety shows where they flash those captions on the screen (trying to be funny, but mostly not).
It's been a long while since there was an original idea... thumbsdown.gif
人的地位,虽然有高低之分;但是,人格,不应该有贵贱之别

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think entertainment industry is similar regardless of location. You copy my idea I copy yours.

An example will be the Japanese drama called "Mr Brain" played by lead role Kimura Takuya. After watching it I find that the concept is no different from U.S of A's CSI shows. There's the slight difference whereby they add a brilliant psychologist to the forensic science drama played by Kimura.

Which ever idea that sells ppl in the entertainment industry will copy the idea and do the same.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

Razgriz
  • Premium member
    Razgriz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The different is.... in other country.. they will try to repackage abit and send out.. e.g the "百万大歌星.. the concept is from Dont forget the lyrics.. but added a taiwan flavour...

but here in SG.. they can start a "我要唱下去! which from 1 see is "Dont Forget the Lyrics" chinese version.. yet Mediacropse can declare that SG de is original de.. that Harlem's "百万大歌星 is copy de.. wtf?!

like 1 of the dunno HK or Taiwan host got say before.. .. entertainment is copy here & copy there.. but.. SG is copy till too obvious till like jus copy & paste.. "Nah u sillyporean can only accept"

Edited by Razgriz, 12 July 2010 - 12:54 AM.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:58 AM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Our medicacorp has a long history of "importing" ideas.
Remember when first started making drama serials, the directors etc were from HK.
Now try to copy the Taiwanese (who in turn copy the Japanese) in those vairety shows where they flash those captions on the screen (trying to be funny, but mostly not).
It's been a long while since there was an original idea... thumbsdown.gif

I rather they use script writers and directors from HK to make those serials than to copy or use their own scriptwriters. At least in the case of the former, the shows are still watchable..

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

Zyrofillica
  • Premium member
    Zyrofillica
    6th Gear
    Author Image

you know wats your annual TV license for? Its so that mediacork can survive. laugh.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:25 AM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

bo pian. collect money liao must fill all the slots. even if it means producing crap fit for the trash.

if not, how will people subscribe to cable tv?

its all part of the plan to keep the money spinning machine going.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Mediacorps is just a small organisation lah.

The monies fr liciences is abt $110 000 000 per year.

With small domestic market & no foreign market,we can't expect them to produce

great shows like the US. smile.gif
Relocated

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:56 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

They got talents meh?

We go act also better....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Aeromania
  • Aeromania
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You mean you still watch Mediacorpse shows? Gave up their channels long ago. biggrin.gif

Hi 5

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

They got talents meh?

We go act also better....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not so SURE,

but we TK sure better lor! laugh.gif
Relocated

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Dj_spike
  • Premium member
    Dj_spike
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Juz dun copy my 2 days 1 night from kbs can liowz
The lark shall rise from the ashes like a phoenix and walk thru the storm......

MCF Premier League Team: Athletico Madrid

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mediacorps is just a small organisation lah.

The monies fr liciences is abt $110 000 000 per year.

With small domestic market & no foreign market,we can't expect them to produce

great shows like the US. smile.gif

Mediacorp is owned by Temasek, who we all know got a lot of money.

Also, Mediacorp probably gets a lot of money from advertising.

On their website, they say they want to be the top media company in Asia.

Yeah, right. rolleyes.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

Aeromania
  • Aeromania
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mediacorp is owned by Temasek, who we all know got a lot of money.

Also, Mediacorp probably gets a lot of money from advertising.

On their website, they say they want to be the top media company in Asia.

Yeah, right. rolleyes.gif

Southeast asia, I think is achievable.

Asia........ I seriously don't think so.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users