Don't we have better talents in Mediacorp ??

Seaweed

With only one TV station doing all the shows and the red tapes surrounding the company what talent will we see coming out of it?

Our market is too small to have more TV station la, decade ago there are two TV station and after some years also cannot make it.

↡ Advertisement

Year in, year out, the same actors and actresses go up to collect the award. Nothing new and nothing excited about.

They will thanks their father, mother, fans, Director, Producers, ... etc. :slow:

I still prefers "The Golden Horse Award", Asian film stars .............. :wub:

Same lah. U go see golden horse. Male lead usually the same. Most people depend on whether tony Leong got movie that year or not. If no movie Huat ah... New face... If got movie... All sleepZ

The popular ones now are mostly HK directors/producers, just as the early SBC drama were mainly HK directors and script writers. This one you mentioned in particular, had HK directors.

The early China period drama in the 1980/90s like æ°´æ»¸å³ (Water Margins) and ä¸åæ¼ç¾© (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) were really good, they were not yet so much commercialized.

Golden Horse one is about the only film awards in the world today that accepts nominations from any Chinese (incl. dialects) language productions, regardless of nationality.

Political induce mah. What to do.

Induced where ?

Sorry lousy English. Political driven. Just like the recent Hong Kong award.

Anyway, now a day China drama are getting better and better. Just make sure don't get from those country side one, usually story line pretty good..

Ancient time story or wixia one HK no fight already.

Modern one start to shine too. Vicky Zhao's cat Father and tiger Mother is very good.

1. This is free.

Tie and interweave our distinct cultures together.

Artistic Liberty here. Or autistic visualization.

Porker and Enye strolling down Tanjong Pagar towards MRT, dressed stylishly of course for the pig, the Enye like HDB unker as bears are wont to, discussing about corporate fraud. (Channel Lima). The pig buys a newspaper with elderly Chinese man chatting with property agent daughter regarding druggie ex husband and super car new love, they have to move table aside as they blocking delivery lane. Channel fatt. Abang delivering office supplies ( that kampung a yam) self employed, bluetoothing his wife about children's schooling and elderly mum up north. Cut into Telugu lady taking delivery while smsing son about NS and public scholarship from SRN or going to work for Mr Mustafa.

Background noise can be ah tiong grumbling.

The script is the key recipe.

The director is the cook and api.

Everything else is the producer daiji.

Actors and actresses. You wanna bet you can find them easily.

Who knows how Wong the Sim foo looks like? If they are so inclined.

Heck, you can even build in MC and the crazy woman channel being changed while Abang is sending children to Skool in the am.

You know why we stop watching local cept for news. We need to study and concentrate at work. No time for making delicious 'food'. This is what I think.

You oughta have faith that propaganda/societal direction can be done artfully and benefit everyone.

I believe there are reasons for foot dragging. It is called 好吃好睡 syndrome. Protecting lice bowl.

I can see it everywhere in our house, ji bai jialat Liao.

:XD:

Mediacorps is just a small organisation lah.

The monies fr liciences is abt $110 000 000 per year.

With small domestic market & no foreign market,we can't expect them to produce

great shows like the US. smile.gif

i agree with you. i think media corp has also improve quite a bit... my children all improve their chinese language by watching the 9pm shows..

i think not easy for media corp to be like HK standard but our family will continue to support them.. anyway, we also dont have a lot of time to watch tv... want to watch golf, soccer, news 9PM Channel 8 show, need to work, one day only have 24 hours nia.

This one strike jackpot, better than any stupid award.

[grin]

post-1829-0-04752400-1507093206_thumb.jpg

The groom is the son of Singaporean tycoon Sam Goi, famed for his popiah skin business Tee Yih Jia. Sam is currently ranked 10th in Forbes’ Singapore’s 50 Richest, and has a net worth of US$2.1bil (S$2.86bil). 

• Praise 1

we (we and my BIL/SIL) were just discussing this last night after i sent them the link on monday.

haha really $$ talks. Though in all honesty, even my SIL and my MIL didn't know who she is, other than vague impressions of her (even though they watch most mediacorp shows)

at least she zhuan dao

This one strike jackpot, better than any stupid award.

[grin]

attachicon.gifcollage.jpg

The groom is the son of Singaporean tycoon Sam Goi, famed for his popiah skin business Tee Yih Jia. Sam is currently ranked 10th in Forbes’ Singapore’s 50 Richest, and has a net worth of US$2.1bil (S$2.86bil). 

Edited by Lala81

we (we and my BIL/SIL) were just discussing this last night after i sent them the link on monday.

haha really $$ talks. Though in all honesty, even my SIL and my MIL didn't know who she is, other than vague impressions of her (even though they watch most mediacorp shows)

at least she zhuan dao

She has always been cast as supporting actress but this time huat ah!

Only remembered her from C.L.I.F and the long running 730pm drama Peace and Prosperity.

Can lead Tai Tai life liao. 

Popiah king son is a very nice humble guy, happy to sit with u at kopitiam lim Liang teh.

I had no idea who he was until some time later another person told me. Think he prefers ppl not to know his background. Happy for him :)

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3