Don't we have better talents in Mediacorp ??

Seaweed

Who is she?

well i dunno who she was....

but i know who she is now....a very wealthy lady

:D

• Praise 2

different topic from me.  but last night while during commercial break for Channel 8 news, flashed across some trailers of mediacorp drama featuring felicia chin in casual wear for a backdrop of home scene.  i couldn't help but remarked that mediacorp artist look very ordinary and plain in such garb as compared to their hong kong counterparts in similar backdrop.  

Popiah king son is a very nice humble guy, happy to sit with u at kopitiam lim Liang teh.

I had no idea who he was until some time later another person told me. Think he prefers ppl not to know his background. Happy for him :)

That's good to hear. Son of a billionaire. Didn't know Popiah King was so wealthy.

Popiah king son is a very nice humble guy, happy to sit with u at kopitiam lim Liang teh.

I had no idea who he was until some time later another person told me. Think he prefers ppl not to know his background. Happy for him :)

different topic from me.  but last night while during commercial break for Channel 8 news, flashed across some trailers of mediacorp drama featuring felicia chin in casual wear for a backdrop of home scene.  i couldn't help but remarked that mediacorp artist look very ordinary and plain in such garb as compared to their hong kong counterparts in similar backdrop.  

I find the current batch of HK actor/actresses also very plain looking when i see some of the serials when i do switch on regular ch 8 broadcasting.

That's good to hear. Son of a billionaire. Didn't know Popiah King was so wealthy.

I find the current batch of HK actor/actresses also very plain looking when i see some of the serials when i do switch on regular ch 8 broadcasting.

i am generally in agreement with your assessment that the standard of looks in TVB have also dropped a lot recently.  few months ago while watching tvb drama i also commented as such abt some lead actresses looking plain. but still, when assessed across the board, i still find TVB ones better looking on the screen (could be due to makeup also).  to be fair to me, during my statement made last night, i didn't really conclude that TVB ones really looked better in real person.  i asked my wife is it due to the better makeup skills or what but mediacorp actresses on the whole looked much more ordinary than tvb ones where the scene/setting is for home.

i am generally in agreement with your assessment that the standard of looks in TVB have also dropped a lot recently.  few months ago while watching tvb drama i also commented as such abt some lead actresses looking plain. but still, when assessed across the board, i still find TVB ones better looking on the screen (could be due to makeup also).  to be fair to me, during my statement made last night, i didn't really conclude that TVB ones really looked better in real person.  i asked my wife is it due to the better makeup skills or what but mediacorp actresses on the whole looked much more ordinary than tvb ones where the scene/setting is for home.

Is she still in mediacorpse?

Not sure. Have not seen her on any shows since the one she played the second sister with a bit of mental problem.

Not bad looking at certain angles. 

I actually find the current batch of HK actor/actress lacking the vigor to act these days, unlike those old timers in TVB or HK movies. 

Sighzzz...  :mellow:

I actually find the current batch of HK actor/actress lacking the vigor to act these days, unlike those old timers in TVB or HK movies. 

Sighzzz...  :mellow:

The old timers are all acting in china. Haha don't need to worry.

i don't really watch TVB or what for many years. But yeah none of them have the star power of say xu shi man last time.

Is she still in mediacorpse?

Still need to act for what?

Marry into rich family. Isn't that what some actress wanted? No need work for life lo.

Somemore, she was never a lead actress. Always supporting actress.

Her contract ended in 2015 and she never bother to renew after knowing this scion. 

i do agree that HK actresses tend towards striking. Maybe it's the TV culture there towards a preference towards individuality.  While many mediacorp actresses tend to be next door girl pretty but have no real distinction.

To me, many actors and actresses look the same nowadays. I have no idea who most of them are unless they are particularly funny or have some x-factor.

Marry into rich family. Isn't that what some actress wanted? No need work for life lo.

Her contract ended in 2015 and she never bother to renew after knowing this scion. 

ok lah. 32 and still not famous, time to look for a better life liao.

At least now she hook some rich and humble scion  [smash] 100 times better than fiona xie right.

Even marry into rich family still can continue to act just to pass time ma. Lol. Same like Jin Yin Jin, thought she is very rich de, but she also continue to act. But think she also did not renew her contract with mediacorpse recently and left liao.

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

Last weekend's news in Life section.

Quest for new opportunities prompts exodus of artists from Mediacorp

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/facing-challenges-and-uncertainties

More than 10 full-time artists have parted ways with the broadcaster in the past year, including actress Tong Bingyu and host Sharon Au, as they seek new opportunities

Who have left, i cant read the link article. But i know sharon au, andie chen, jeanette aw and kate pang. Who else ah?

Supersonic

Who have left, i cant read the link article. But i know sharon au, andie chen, jeanette aw and kate pang. Who else ah?

It is on last weekend's Life.

Cannot open too since I'm not a member.  :a-bang:

↡ Advertisement