• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
348 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I think in singapore below jobs position salary: confused.gif
Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$3000 to 4000
Senior Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$4000 to 5000
Manager(Electrical/Electronic): S$5000 to 6000
Senior Manager(Electrical/Electronic): above S$6000

Do you guys think it's acceptable? tongue.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

too many variables...

depends on industry, qualifications, and experience...

i've seen managers draw only abt 4k...

and there's some senior engineers draw more than 8k

it all depends
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

Thargor
  • Thargor
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

I am sooooo glad my degree is in Economics and Sociology :P tongue.gif
PSN ID: Thargor-Orlando

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Konken
  • Konken
    4th Gear
    Author Image

too many variables...

it all depends

Yah, too much variables. Type and size of company matters as well.
I'd seen one ad for Ops VP, $80k per annum. Must be some crappy local company.
It's a good day to .... drive!

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

too many variables...

it all depends

you are right, it all depends on the company and also those managers above them, I know of one Senior Software Analysist and a Team Lead already drawing $100k a couple of years back, they are still drawing the same amount at the moment as that company have implement wage freeze (no pay increment) for a few years liao, somemore the Team Lead was given some shares (US $) every year shocked.gif
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

too many variables...

it all depends

how come most companies rejected above 5k for senior engineer confused.gif
btw, industry is construction and qualifications degree,

Edited by Quantum, 12 July 2010 - 10:26 AM.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

Woolff
  • Woolff
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

china & india enginners are asking for much lesser...... furious.gif local enginner how to ask for more?

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

china & india enginners are asking for much lesser...... furious.gif local enginner how to ask for more?

lesser? in my comp they are paying them twice my pay and they are doing lesser than me. angry.gif

its not they are asking less. its teh gahmen are not doing anything cause they are hiring FT in their Stateboard themselves. angry.gif
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmmm construction is a low tech industry...

not much value add... unless you PE...

for myself...

i was in aviation... now in solar.... abt 4 yr exp pay abt 4k+
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

for myself...

u r everywhere lor laugh.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

solar market quite niche now..boomer soon..

not much player in the region...

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Jp66
  • Jp66
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

The engineers' pay are acceptable, but not the managers' - too pathetic liao thumbsdown.gif
知足常乐
行到水穷处 坐看云起时

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

for myself...

my company belongs to construction category , but i'm in building automation, industrial automation section, consider as high tech industry lah... sad.gif , also not good pay smallcry.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The engineers' pay are acceptable, but not the managers' - too pathetic liao thumbsdown.gif

I really don't understand what is the average pay for manager position in singapore confused.gif

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Zhihao
  • Premium member
    Zhihao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

actually this is a wrong place to ask cause i realised MCF got a lot of high flyers (excluding myself)... haha... biggrin.gif
if you want to hear the upper tier amt then ok la...

like some bros say, way too many variables...
but you should be able to d/l a few salary guide from the net.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

refer to this if you believe 1+1 is always = 2.... biggrin.gif

http://www.kellyserv...e_2009_2010.pdf

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Engineering job is the shltiest job i ever had. Low pay, long hours, heavy responsiblity. Pui.

Glad a made a decision to make a career switch.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I really don't understand what is the average pay for manager position in singapore confused.gif

very hard to say lor...

some sme manager only 4k

some mnc manager can be more than 10k

mac serve burger also called manager

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

best is to be own boss...

work for other ppl forever cannot earn big bucks

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

PE different story la..

stress is ur chop might not worth it u anyhow chop..LOL

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: these, jobs, salary, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users