What are these jobs salary range?

Quantum

Turbocharged

engineers pay is decided by how many of them is needed.

Example, design engineers are paid much higher as you only need tens of them to design a product. Production engineers are paid much less as you need MANY of them to do production. How can a company afford to pay hundreds of people highly?

Turbocharged

Engineering job is the shltiest job i ever had. Low pay, long hours, heavy responsiblity. Pui.

Glad a made a decision to make a career switch.

so how is your hours and pay now?

Engineers in the factories or office don't draw very high salary. On the end of the spectrum, offshore engineers earn top dollars (US$15~20K are the norm) which could put some professionals' salaries to shame.

So there are really just too many kind of industries for an engineer to work in to simplify the pay into just a few categories.

Even an offshore hydraulic technician with a only diploma earns more than US$13k. How many degree holders could beat that?

Hi all,

I think in singapore below jobs position salary: [confused]

Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$3000 to 4000

Senior Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$4000 to 5000

Manager(Electrical/Electronic): S$5000 to 6000

Senior Manager(Electrical/Electronic): above S$6000

Do you guys think it's acceptable? [:p]

Are these paper pushing engineers? If they are, IMO they are getting a lot.

It also depends on their company's capability. If the company is just a shell they will most likely hire a "cheap" engineer to do paper work and the real work sub contract to third party. You will be surprised there are a lot of companies like that. Either that or they can't find engineers with the skill & experience to do the job even the company has the machines & equipment.

The reason why is becos when it comes to engineering(mechanical, electrical or electronic) there's no more old school apprenticeship whereby there's a mentor to learn from. All the learning now is done in the classroom and lab but the real learning is in the workshop where it should be.

So who is doing the real work? Small workshops & companies, ppl with hardly any qualifications but got the specialty and experience to get the job done.

very hard to say lor...

some sme manager only 4k

some mnc manager can be more than 10k

mac serve burger also called manager

is it mncs higher salary than local companies :angry:

IMO if anyone wants to be a sort after engineer with high pay, you must venture to places preferably overseas where others dun want to work in. The learning environment in sgp is too stagnant when it comes to engineering.

hmmm construction is a low tech industry...

not much value add... unless you PE...

for myself...

i was in aviation... now in solar.... abt 4 yr exp pay abt 4k+

Bro got solar lobang a not. I also want to go into solar. Tried to go into the biz few years ago and failed miserably.......

Hi all,

I think in singapore below jobs position salary: [confused]

Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$3000 to 4000

Senior Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$4000 to 5000

Manager(Electrical/Electronic): S$5000 to 6000

Senior Manager(Electrical/Electronic): above S$6000

Do you guys think it's acceptable? [:p]

Leave the engineering jobs to the FTs here.

Go do real estate, insurance, financial consultant, car salesman, etc and earn their money. [laugh]

Engineering job is the shltiest job i ever had. Low pay, long hours, heavy responsiblity. Pui.

I would say the same for IT job. agree ?

I would say the same for IT job. agree ?

agree, IT job is the worest pay among engineering job, esp Indian and Chinese engineers distroyed the IT market :angry:

well is depending on the company

did come across some companies which almost all the staff are managers. So when customer complaint, the companies got TONS of managers to handle them. Nowadays, ppl dun like to talk to officer, they perfer to talk to manager. If customer not happy with manager A then manager B will take over till the customer is sick of talking.

agree, IT job is the worest pay among engineering job, esp Indian and Chinese engineers distroyed the IT market :angry:

I also agree...There's many programmers from Philippines as well...Really cheap and good...

Compare to locals, i guess companies would rather source else where... :angry: :angry:

Turbocharged

compared to local architects, consider yourself lucky

Bro got solar lobang a not. I also want to go into solar. Tried to go into the biz few years ago and failed miserably.......

manufacture solar module... you want?

ppl here running like rats off a sinking ship... if you interested in the industry then you should know which company i'm talking abt...

not as rosy it may seem from the outside... only after come in then can smell the s--t hahahaha