• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
134 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You know that hot gush of air when you open your car door?

How do we reduce the temp when the car is parked in the open? Do we leave gaps in the windows?

You can do that if you have window visors installed I guess.

Is there any solar powered device in the market which can be installed to provide ventilation and does it help?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Rickster86
  • Rickster86
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1 good way is install those high premium grade solar films to reduce the heat soaked effect.
Slow Driver Lives Longer

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This may be of help to you

Attached Thumbnails

• solar_vent.jpg

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Need to cut glass leh!!!!

On a positive note (have to be very positive!), in other countries, people pay extra for heated seats, heated mirrors. Here we can get for free!

I always wonder for the amount of heat we get (almost every damn day of the year), why we never investigate the use of solar energy.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It's very hard for this society that practically needs "instructions" from the top for almost every decisions from boardrooms to bedrooms. We need to think more out of the box if we want be a developed 1st class country.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Need to cut glass leh!!!!

On a positive note (have to be very positive!), in other countries, people pay extra for heated seats, heated mirrors. Here we can get for free!

I always wonder for the amount of heat we get (almost every damn day of the year), why we never investigate the use of solar energy.

no need to cut glass. it just hangs on the glass and u close it.

it have small "ventilation" tubes to suck inside air to outside

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

no need to cut glass. it just hangs on the glass and u close it.

it have small "ventilation" tubes to suck inside air to outside

I see. Interesting.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

I think that gadget required a window shade, just in case heavy rain in Singapore.
Other country summer means summer = no rain.

Another option is to buy BMW cars.
They have the feature to turn on your car air blowers at your determined timings.
To cool down the car interior, for example you can set it to blow 10 mins before your lunch time, so as to cool the car before you drive.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Desmondtwb
  • Desmondtwb
    Banned

Very interesting!
Where can I get it ?

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Google " Car Solar Ventilator" and you will come into contact with online sellers

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

1 good way is install those high premium grade solar films to reduce the heat soaked effect.

Not really leh bro, no matter how good the solar film is, heat will still build up eventually.

Heh heh . . thanks for the suggestion.

Any one knows how hot the interior is when car is parked for a few hours in the hot afternoon sun?

Edited by Vroomtattat, 14 July 2010 - 08:28 PM.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How do we reduce the temp when the car is parked in the open?

The best I've tried is a sun shade CANOPY.

I used to have one but it got stolen when I was parked at the open air CP behind illuma angry.gif

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Install 2 ways alarm with remote start function. Start ur car before u get in.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Arhh . . .this could be it. Where to get it huh, brudder?

Looks like it works better with window visors. wink.gif

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It's very hard for this society that practically needs "instructions" from the top for almost every decisions from boardrooms to bedrooms. We need to think more out of the box if we want be a developed 1st class country.

Yeah man! How come a tropical country like ours never harness the power of the sun?

Saw in the papers recently that some parts of the island has started on using solar panels to power corridor lights. Seems like we are 20 years behind time. These jokers who are paid so much really jiak liao bee.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Desmondtwb
  • Desmondtwb
    Banned

Google " Car Solar Ventilator" and you will come into contact with online sellers

Thanks!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The best I've tried is a sun shade CANOPY.

I used to have one but it got stolen when I was parked at the open air CP behind illuma angry.gif

Har har har . . .I think mind will end up stolen too if I use that. sad.gif

But looks kind of kotek leh tongue.gif

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Install 2 ways alarm with remote start function. Start ur car before u get in.

Did thought of that bro but was worried it may screw up the electric circuits. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I think that gadget required a window shade, just in case heavy rain in Singapore.
Other country summer means summer = no rain.

Another option is to buy BMW cars.
They have the feature to turn on your car air blowers at your determined timings.
To cool down the car interior, for example you can set it to blow 10 mins before your lunch time, so as to cool the car before you drive.

Brudder, BMW I can only dream lah . . . laugh.gif

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Krado
  • Krado
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Har har har . . .I think mind will end up stolen too if I use that. sad.gif

But looks kind of kotek leh tongue.gif

This one best lor. tongue.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: reduce, temp, inside, car, days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users