How to reduce air temp inside car on hot days?

Vroomtattat

I think that gadget required a window shade, just in case heavy rain in Singapore.

Other country summer means summer = no rain.

Another option is to buy BMW cars.

They have the feature to turn on your car air blowers at your determined timings.

To cool down the car interior, for example you can set it to blow 10 mins before your lunch time, so as to cool the car before you drive.

Brudder, BMW I can only dream lah . . . [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Har har har . . .I think mind will end up stolen too if I use that. [:(]

But looks kind of kotek leh [:p]

1203013296CarCoversPremier.jpg

This one best lor. [:p]

Don't forget they have sign big contracts for supply of CNG and coming soon LPG , so solar power importance will have to be placed as the last alternative - reason it that solar cells are still considered expensive in term of cost in generating per kw energy. Now maybe one of the GLC has already gone into the business of manufacturing solar panels, so all estates are starting to understand that installing such panels will save energy - the invisible hands at work :D

Not really leh bro, no matter how good the solar film is, heat will still build up eventually.

Heh heh . . thanks for the suggestion.

Any one knows how hot the interior is when car is parked for a few hours in the hot afternoon sun?

Not sure about the interior temperature, but its hot enough to deform my nohonhon (those shaking head solar toy) plastic box.

I've ever taken the external temperature of a silver and maroon colour car parked under sun, silver car surface was 50 deg.C and the maroon colour car at 63 deg.C. [sweatdrop]

First, i usually park under places which is not directly under the sun...Usually under the shade...

And then i let the car warm up and on its air con for ard 5mins plus....

Before i go in and drive liao...

[laugh] [laugh]

1 good way is install those high premium grade solar films to reduce the heat soaked effect.

I second that, high grade premium solar tints really work.

i saw this advert long time ago...there a can which when u spray into the cabin the mist will rapidly bring down the temp.. i tried to find it then but to no avail. maybe i shd google it now.. anyone came across this b4?

(edited)

So need BMW, Prius also have. roof mounted solar panels to operate ventilator, so prevent green house effect.

Leave a gap will invite roach and other insects.

I park at open car park till evening, and I use the collapsible folding shade for windscreen. That will help alot.

As for the ventilator, I have tried, they dont sealed up gap with door frame properly, so wind sound will enter

Edited by 5936

I have a full set of customised curtains covering 4 windows and 1 rear windscreen. If necessary, will use front slide-out sunshade too. It helps a lot too. Used to lower a bit of the windows too (just nice hidden by window visors).

*Open space parking at home and workplace.

before u off engine, set the air con to outside circulation mode

then if u got window visors, wind abit downwards to let heat escape....

this works for me

tend to park car under hot sun

with these measures, the car is not so hot as compared all windows fully wound up

Wah, swee hor [thumbsup]

Where to get the ventilator thingy? Don't know whether it works?

Any brudder using it? Let's hear from you.

yeah, my car always under hot sun too, if the thing works, will get one too, any feedback?

Reviews in Amazon is not very favourable of it...Search Amazon and key in "Auto Cool Solar-Powered Ventilation System". Below average ratings...

Home DIY also sells it but it seems to be collecting dust...

Neutral Newbie

solar film only works if you park for a short period of time. Anything more than a few minutes on a hot day, heat will be absorbed though the car body.

A car cover will work because heat is reflected. But its troublesome to put it on everyday. I find leaving the windows slightly open helps. Why? Hot air can escape, hot air is lighter than cold air, so it will escape through the top of the windows if left slightly open.

If the car has been under the sun for a few hours, and all the heat is trapped inside, turning on the aircon at full blast before you get into the car means trying to cool down all the hot air inside. Might be a better idea to open all the doors, let the wind blow through the car, and then turn on the air con.

Makes sense?

Neutral Newbie

solar film only works if you park for a short period of time. Anything more than a few minutes on a hot day, heat will be absorbed though the car body.

A car cover will work because heat is reflected. But its troublesome to put it on everyday. I find leaving the windows slightly open helps. Why? Hot air can escape, hot air is lighter than cold air, so it will escape through the top of the windows if left slightly open.

If the car has been under the sun for a few hours, and all the heat is trapped inside, turning on the aircon at full blast before you get into the car means trying to cool down all the hot air inside. Might be a better idea to open all the doors, let the wind blow through the car, and then turn on the air con.

Makes sense?

Yes, makes a lot of sense. Under the sun with all windows up, the hot air in the car expands with no where to go and gets even hotter than the air outside. So, opening all the car doors and windows helps to remove all the hot air b4 using the aircond to further cool down the car.

(edited)

One way w/o using any gadgets or canvas is to switch your ventilation mode to outside air when you are about to switch off the ignition. I usually use this method. It's still hot of course but better dan when I left it it in recirculating mode. It allows some air movement rather dan the heated air all trap in the cabin.

Edited by Watwheels

One way w/o using any gadgets or canvas is to switch your ventilation mode to outside air when you are about to switch off the ignition. I usually use this method. It's still hot of course but better dan when I left it it in recirculating mode. It allows some air movement rather dan the heated air all trap in the cabin.

Okay, bro . . . I go try. Did not know can do like that.

Today went down to HomeFix at marina square to look see look see but cannot find the ventilator, such a big store and they don't have, so disappointing.

will fix my visors this weekend so that I can leave small gaps in the windows.

↡ Advertisement